Irish finances q&a - if only rte had the will power to spell it out.

johndodger

Maybe if RTÉ had the resources of BBC Online....

What's the point of this thread?

seangos

That's a fair point there JD, far better to pay Premiership wages to Marian, Joe and Ryan than to try and allocate resources to providing succinct, digestable breakdown of the current situation....

johndodger

That's a fair point there JD, far better to pay Premiership wages to Marian, Joe and Ryan than to try and allocate resources to providing succinct, digestable breakdown of the current situation....
No I certainly wouldn't agree. I see no reason why so called "talent" should get such exorbitant salaries.

However departments must operate within their existing budgets. The resources available to RTÉ, let alone RTÉ online, is minicule compared to BBC Online (I visited them a year or so ago and they have well over 100 people alone working on their web content). Plus, presumably RTÉ have lost staff over the last 2 years as every other area of the Public Sector has.

noworries

The resources available to RTÉ, let alone RTÉ online, is minicule compared to BBC Online (I visited them a year or so ago and they have well over 100 people alone working on their web content). Plus, presumably RTÉ have lost staff over the last 2 years as every other area of the Public Sector has.
Err, no.

They had a total of 91 staff working across content , development and support.

Future Media & Technology

johndodger

Err, no.

They had a total of 91 staff working across content , development and support.

Future Media & Technology
Well when I was there I was told it was over 100. In any case whether it's 91 or around 100, it's still significantly less than RTÉ.

RTE chooses to spend its resources on different things.
Indeed, but even with Marian and co. their overall budget is still miniscule when compared to the BBC.

yoganmahew

Erm, is Ireland a foreign country to the BBC? And you are claiming that RTE is as poor as a churchmouse that they can't put together figures for Ireland? They are the national broadcaster of this state, no? The BBC are the national broadcaster in a neighbouring state?

New Threads

Most Replies