Irish foreign minister doesn't even realise all Unionist parties against current Brexit Backstop

McSlaggart

If a no deal goes through it will be to the detrement of everyone on the British isles and everyone knows it.
My favourite bit is the DUP making sure their is no border in the Irish sea. I love Arline, sending farming to the wall in order to have no passport check between Northern Ireland and Scotland.

Mickeymac

The UUP leader is saying the Irish government is acting "greener" than SF. Do you agree?

The UUP leader *snigger* who claims to be a moderate in the context of the Irish political arena needs to go chalk his cue.:roflmao:

I read his speech and am sure many peace lovers like myself have also done so..........quite negative IMO for the forces of peace/justice and equality out there.

He offered nothing positive to the quagmire of six county politics and simply decided to condemn everyone bar the UUP for all the ills in the six counties.

One does not have to be an historian or avid book reader to look at the record of his brand of unionism 1921-1972.

Is he having a laugh?

death or glory

My favourite bit is the DUP making sure their is no border in the Irish sea. I love Arline, sending farming to the wall in order to have no passport check between Northern Ireland and Scotland.
Our biggest agriculture export market by far is the British Mainland.

McSlaggart

"69% of the country's land area, employs 1.5% of its workforce (476,000 people) and contributes 0.62% of its gross value added "

Agriculture in the United Kingdom - Wikipedia

The eu at its core valued farm production for a range of political and cultural reasons. I will be very surprised if the UK has the same level of support for farming once it leaves the EU.

death or glory

"69% of the country's land area, employs 1.5% of its workforce (476,000 people) and contributes 0.62% of its gross value added "

Agriculture in the United Kingdom - Wikipedia

The eu at its core valued farm production for a range of political and cultural reasons. I will be very surprised if the UK has the same level of support for farming once it leaves the EU.
Read it again and think and then post something relevant to it
I reckon you have been very surprised umpteen times before and will be in the future.

Niall996

That's within the EU. Outside the EU the British will have to open up to vastly cheaper Brazilian, US, Aus/NZ, Chinese and African food imports. It's Rees Moggs big promise, cheap food. Of whatever quality. Bye bye British farmers.

Last edited:

death or glory

That within the EU. Outside the EU the British will have to open up to vastly cheaper Brazilian, US, Aus/NZ, Chinese and African food imports. It's Rees Moggs big promise, cheap food. Of whatever quality. Bye bye British farmers.
That's cheap end meat for your McColgan's pies and Doherty's sausages that you enjoy.
Never compete on price as its a race to the bottom.

Just waiting for you to tell us how most of our UK meat is imported from Iceland, because that's you local shop.

Niall996

That's cheap end meat for your McColgan's pies and Doherty's sausages that you enjoy.
Never compete on price as its a race to the bottom.

Just waiting for you to tell us how most of our UK meat is imported from Iceland, because that's you local shop.
Your pathetic casual backwards racism aside, stick to the point. The Brexit promise is cheap food imports that bypass the very tariff perimeter that maintains EU farm livelihoods. That is a fact. NI exports to the UK will face vastly cheaper industrial scale competition of sub standard products. A few weekend farmers markets aren't going to replace the core volume business. Wake up.

Last edited:

death or glory

Pressure now on Eire as the British have said and told their plans with no hard border.
Leo is going to have to get his troops to the border quite soon.

Ireniall

More Brexit for babies from the British. 'Look at us-it's not our fault that there's a hard border'. Laughable stuff and a pathetic attempt at some sort of revenge for the successful diplomatic effort by the Irish side in ensuring that the backstop remained intact. I'd imagine that there might be some brief laughter in the corridors of Iveagh House before getting back to the serious business at hand. No doubt we all have plenty to lose in a No Deal but none perhaps as much as the DUP who may well have used their last slice of political influence to ensure that Mays deal fails. Perhaps now that they are irrelevant again a certain type of pressure is removed but it must be very uncomfortable to be sitting on the sidelines sh!tting yourself having spent your last penny.

raetsel

Pressure now on Eire as the British have said and told their plans with no hard border.
Why? Are you guys planning another nocturnal invasion of Clontibret?:ROFLMAO:

McSlaggart

The Irish government can put their checks at the ports. This would mean a backdoor for the EU into the UK.

livingstone

The pressure remained on the UK for the several hours between announcing this plan and Parliament voting against no deal.

The UK no deal plan was roundly condemned by NI businesses because it would basically render NI border businesses and farmers totally unsustainable. Even UK Government were clear that it could only apply for a short period before the damage to business and the holes in the border would become unsustainable.

michael-mcivor

Looks like the Brits are going to beg the EU for more time to sort Brexit out- Great Britain Lol- Great arse holes more like-

Dearghoul

More Brexit for babies from the British. 'Look at us-it's not our fault that there's a hard border'. Laughable stuff and a pathetic attempt at some sort of revenge for the successful diplomatic effort by the Irish side in ensuring that the backstop remained intact. I'd imagine that there might be some brief laughter in the corridors of Iveagh House before getting back to the serious business at hand. No doubt we all have plenty to lose in a No Deal but none perhaps as much as the DUP who may well have used their last slice of political influence to ensure that Mays deal fails. Perhaps now that they are irrelevant again a certain type of pressure is removed but it must be very uncomfortable to be sitting on the sidelines sh!tting yourself having spent your last penny.
After wandering all over the shop, the customs border seems to be once again headed for the Irish Sea, as the Confidence and Supply agreement proved a little one sided. Like your new Limerick colours Avi BTW.

death or glory

The Irish government can put their checks at the ports. This would mean a backdoor for the EU into the UK.
That's not what Leo thinks.
He see's troops on the border and as I pointed out they aren't going to be our British ones and as the leader of Eire the EU must have told him his troops must do it.

death or glory

And the EUwon't allow it as UK exports to Eire would all legitimately travel through NI and very few exports to other countries in the EU go through Eire.
You haven't thought that one out.

McSlaggart

And the EUwon't allow it as UK exports to Eire would all legitimately travel through NI and very few exports to other countries in the EU go through Eire.
You haven't thought that one out.
Do you have any evidence to support this claim?

FYI: If you wish to export to other countries then you will have to send your goods through one of the ports.

McSlaggart

That's not what Leo thinks.
He see's troops on the border and as I pointed out they aren't going to be our British ones and as the leader of Eire the EU must have told him his troops must do it.

So you think Troops check for good that are being imported to a country?

death or glory

So you think Troops check for good that are being imported to a country?
WWe all obviously Leo thinks they are necessary to protect the Eu custom posts at the border from attacks. It was the Eire boss who claimed troops would be needed at the border.