Irish Free State (aka Rep of Ire) 1922-2010 RIP

kerdasi amaq

Everything the Fianna Fáil government is doing, is an act of National Sovereignty. It would have no legal validity otherwise. What we must do is to repudiate the bad decisions that the government has taken.

In short, we have to leave the European Union.

Mitsui2

Give me a break with the auld ' we're all to blame' rhetoric.

The reason people ended up borrowing hundreds of thousands to buy their homes was because of what Bertie and McCreevy's policies started, when they severed the limits you could safely borrow in comparison to wages.

Have you forgotten the builders releasing 'Phase 1' on a Monday and by Friday jacking up 'Phase 2' by tens of thousands of euro.

Have you forgotten 'gazumping', when the builders would jack up the price even after you agreed to buy at a particular price.

Have you forgotten the 'shortage' of available land, which was blamed for jacking up the price of houses.

Have you forgotten that these same builders held all these land banks in reserve and drip fed them to keep house prices artificially high.

Have you forgotten the 'shortage' of new houses, which kept people queuing around the block.

Have you forgotten whose tent these developers frequented every summer.

Have you forgotten whose job it was to protect the citizens.

Have you forgotten who has been left with the bill now that the party is over.
+1 I'm afraid.

Reason I'm afraid is that the EU seems to be joining the PS/the unemployed as favoured "it's their fault" subjects. Beats "furriners" in general, I guess, and certainly it's a step up from "liberals"/"Protestants"/"writers" and the other paper tigers of the Irish past.

Hey folks, "we" (by which I don't mean all of us but , statistically, certainly mean many who now bitch about them on P.ie) voted lying, thieving, ignorant ****s - long proven to be so - into office for ten years in a row.

"We" voted in Haughey's bagman, signer of blank cheques for a thief and defender of Ray Burke, in as Taoiseach.

Being lying, thieving f*ucks (or the spawn thereof) they lied and thieved and threw the public purse open to their mates, as they have always done. But in the 21st century, with cheap borrowing, they could do more than just their traditional job of sucking Ireland's tit empty, they could suck us all into so much debt we were all screwed. And, being ignorant, that's exactly what they did. So that we are where we are.

And - let me get this straight - this is Rehn's fault. Or the EU's fault. Or is it asylum seekers, travellers, black people's, folks on the dole, the PS, Britain's..... Who on earth is to blame?

Because it sure can't be "us".

I never thought their inbred current generation would drag us so low. But apart from the scale, I never for one instant doubted that some appalling end would come from giving this thieving, gombeen shower of winkers access to the public purse strings. We are (as I so originally said above) where we are. But at least we can still do one thing - we can LEARN.

This is what FF do. 50 bloody years I'm on this earth and the Irish electorate never seem able to learn.

In the immortal words of Charlie McCreevy (an old-fashioned FFer who believed you could only thieve so much, and for his pains was banished to EUrope): Party on!

darkhorse

Everything the Fianna Fáil government is doing, is an act of National Sovereignty. It would have no legal validity otherwise. What we must do is to repudiate the bad decisions that the government has taken.

In short, we have to leave the European Union.
What is your problem with 'an act of National Sovereignty' ?

Mitsui2

Did anyone see Lenny on BBC2 Newsnight?

When questioned had we lost our sovereignty He declared that Ireland shares her Sovereignty with Europe!
Well that's the deal, twit - always was. It's not like anyone smuggled it past the signatories of the treaties. Originally we went knocking at their door, not vice versa.

Cael

Cael

Whilst im all for a march I have to question why on a Sat?

There will be no TD`s around, the Dail will be shut.

It would make much more sense to do this midweek outside Leinster House.
LH is no longer where its at. A march to the EU House in Dawson St. would be more relevant.

kerdasi amaq

What is your problem with 'an act of National Sovereignty' ?
What's your point?

National Sovereignty is where Fianna Fáil gets the authority to act as government. It is "National Sovereignty" which gives force to their decisions as government, without it they are nothing.

With any luck, no Fianna Fáil TD will ever get his hands on it ever again!

Last edited:

TonyBird

A march! Great! That'll show 'em.
Well if nothing else , it will ease the consciences of 'trade unionists' . They must be seen to be doing something , anything !
BTW , I've not been in one for a while , how much do 'unions' charge for their services these days ?

darkhorse

What's your point?

National Sovereignty is where Fianna Fáil gets the authority to act as government. It is "National Sovereignty" which gives force to their decisions as government, without it they are nothing.

With any luck, no Fianna Fáil TD will ever get his hands on it again!
Yes, National Soveirgnty is what some have fought and died for.
Right now FF have control over it, and after the next election, who knows?
But whoever gets it by legitimate means is fully entitled to it.

Holy Cow

Why would any sane person march with the unions on the 27th? Their hands are all in the till.

justme1

Michael Cassius McDonald who was an Irish gangster in America said ''There's a sucker born every minute",how true indeed.........

Holy Cow

ICTU are behind the protest on the 27th. A Mr David Begg is one of their main men. A man on a massive salary, and even better, a man who sat on the audit committee for the central bank when all interesting things were going on.

Does David Begg have the peoples interests at heart? Or is he more interested in his massive salary?

And as for Jack in the box O Connor, dont get me started.

Anybody that supports any protest organised by these wasters deserves to have 100% of their wages/social welfare cut.

TonyBird

I must say , neither of those two goons ever impressed me in any way . When I think of 'Congress' and their ilk , I think of Berties 'suicide speech' being warmly applauded by 'trade unionists'. F*****g scum . imo.

Cael

ICTU are behind the protest on the 27th. A Mr David Begg is one of their main men. A man on a massive salary, and even better, a man who sat on the audit committee for the central bank when all interesting things were going on.

Does David Begg have the peoples interests at heart? Or is he more interested in his massive salary?

And as for Jack in the box O Connor, dont get me started.

Anybody that supports any protest organised by these wasters deserves to have 100% of their wages/social welfare cut.
The trade union misleadership are being forced to hold this march by their membership. I will definitely attend it. If people dont attend, the media will spin it as support for Clowen & Co.

Holy Cow

I must say , neither of those two goons ever impressed me in any way . When I think of 'Congress' and their ilk , I think of Berties 'suicide speech' being warmly applauded by 'trade unionists'. F*****g scum . imo.
Back room deals done with Bertie Ahern, says it all really.

How much of his €170k a year salary has Jack in the box O Connor lost?

Is Mr Begg still sitting on the boards of some interesting companies?

These men are not interested in the workers, they are interested in their own fat wallets.

Jack in the box O Conner is wheeled out about once a year to preach about whats good and proper, but on closer examination the facts become clear.

These people are behind the Crook Park Deal, their fingerprints just as much as FF.

Follow the money, always follow the money.

Cael

Back room deals done with Bertie Ahern, says it all really.

How much of his €170k a year salary has Jack in the box O Connor lost?

Is Mr Begg still sitting on the boards of some interesting companies?

These men are not interested in the workers, they are interested in their own fat wallets.

Jack in the box O Conner is wheeled out about once a year to preach about whats good and proper, but on closer examination the facts become clear.

These people are behind the Crook Park Deal, their fingerprints just as much as FF.

Follow the money, always follow the money.
All true, which is why the trade union movement needs to get rid of these class traitors and elect a Revolutionary leadership.

Holy Cow

The trade union misleadership are being forced to hold this march by their membership. I will definitely attend it. If people dont attend, the media will spin it as support for Clowen & Co.
The Shinners are running a protest on the Saturday before the budget. Now, while I aint a Shinner, and disagree with a lot of their stuff, I would rather attend a protest by a political party.

At least all the Shinners are on €30k a year, so they have a grip on reality. Mr Begg and Jack in the box are people I would not ever want standing side by side with me.

Cael

The Shinners are running a protest on the Saturday before the budget. Now, while I aint a Shinner, and disagree with a lot of their stuff, I would rather attend a protest by a political party.

At least all the Shinners are on €30k a year, so they have a grip on reality. Mr Begg and Jack in the box are people I would not ever want standing side by side with me.
As I say, Begg and O'Connor are being forced into holding this march, which will be a massive show of strength by the working class. PSF's little march will be a mere sideshow.

Holy Cow

All true, which is why the trade union movement needs to get rid of these class traitors and elect a Revolutionary leadership.
And how would that happen? The money made it way down into many part of the unions to utterly corrupt them.

We all know what politician was behind this, and he bought them off so fuppin easy.

Its not elections thats needed, its a total revamp. A proper cleaning job. Not only are the top lads bought, but so is every shop steward. All bought off and spending their time protecting wasters, wasters above them, and wasters they represent.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom