Irish Free State (aka Rep of Ire) 1922-2010 RIP

Holy Cow

As I say, Begg and O'Connor are being forced into holding this march, which will be a massive show of strength by the working class. PSF's little march will be a mere sideshow.
Beards Begg and Jackin the Box have been very silent since their last march, and from what I am hearing from their members they aint that popular any more.

Ya see, all that talk and no action from the last time they got 100,000 in Dublin has not been forgotten.

Holy Cow

I wonder will the 'boys in blue' be marching ?
Or bashing heads ?
The boys in blue will be asleep in their barracks. They know they are dealing with a token protest with a bunch of people that are not capable of any independent thought. Of course, many Gardai will get overtime.

midlander12

Give me a break with the auld ' we're all to blame' rhetoric.

The reason people ended up borrowing hundreds of thousands to buy their homes was because of what Bertie and McCreevy's policies started, when they severed the limits you could safely borrow in comparison to wages.

Have you forgotten the builders releasing 'Phase 1' on a Monday and by Friday jacking up 'Phase 2' by tens of thousands of euro.

Have you forgotten 'gazumping', when the builders would jack up the price even after you agreed to buy at a particular price.

Have you forgotten the 'shortage' of available land, which was blamed for jacking up the price of houses.

Have you forgotten that these same builders held all these land banks in reserve and drip fed them to keep house prices artificially high.

Have you forgotten the 'shortage' of new houses, which kept people queuing around the block.

Have you forgotten whose tent these developers frequented every summer.

Have you forgotten whose job it was to protect the citizens.

Have you forgotten who has been left with the bill now that the party is over.
All true, except no one forced people to buy these overpriced shacks. I know people who rented right through the boom, waited patiently and are now finally in a position to buy, only to find they can't get a mortgage thanks to the bankruptcy of the lending institutions caused by all of the above. It's a pity more people didn't use a little independent thinking.

commonman

Beards Begg and Jackin the Box have been very silent since their last march, and from what I am hearing from their members they aint that popular any more.

Ya see, all that talk and no action from the last time they got 100,000 in Dublin has not been forgotten.
the union members in the ps are leaveing there unions in there hundreds and with more cuts comeing down the line i will keep my 5 euro

Mister_Jinks

All true, except no one forced people to buy these overpriced shacks. I know people who rented right through the boom, waited patiently and are now finally in a position to buy, only to find they can't get a mortgage thanks to the bankruptcy of the lending institutions caused by all of the above. It's a pity more people didn't use a little independent thinking.
I was lucky enough to discover the property pin before it was too late. I almost bought myself in 2005. But for the grace of God ...

midlander12

Nothing will happen, nothing much anyway. We will roll over like pet lambs and give it up. We basically voted for this by a 2-to-1 margin last year - remember the posters VOTE Y€S? The underlying vibe was that the EU would bail us out in a Doomsday scenario. The voters were well warned by Ganly and the Shinners that this would involve an end to Irish sovereignty, but few were disposed to listen. In retrospect, my only surprise is that it happened so quickly. In reality, Irish people have always interpreted 'patriotism' as anti-Britishness. There might be a national furore over an episode of Eastenders with stage-Irish characters, or a British tank crossing the border by mistake, but give up another bit of our independence to Brussels every few years - no problem, is 66% enough? We never seemed to get that there was more to patriotism than the leprechaunery on P's Day and around certain sporting events, or wearing Celtic tops or 'Kiss Me I'm Irish' T-shirts when on holidays. You'd be more likely to get people worked up if you threatened to merge a few local GAA clubs because emigration was leaving them short of players, or taxed their SKy subscription. Bye bye, Republic of Ireland, kinda nice knowing you, but not sure anyone will really miss you that much.

GridLock

National Soveirngty is screwing us still to this day,who bloody wants it,(i am an irish born citizen and most have been screwed by this ************************************g ************************)FF have turned this country on its head,time to bank islam,FG won't be the better option for all yous trust me on that! i would rather go the non interest route, if i was a first time buyer,the profit margin you pay is clearly outlined,and there is an agreement based policy,on this,they still make the profits and you still get a reasonable outcome!
There is still a way irish people can bank islam Bank of Ireland - Islamic Mortgage Help

Our government and banks screwed us all on inflated overvalued interest rates,i would promote islam banking any day to anybody,infact im thinking of revoking my irish citizenship altogether!

SCALLION HEAD

What are we talking about 1922-2010 for ?. The embryonic nation was aborted long before that. We never got a nation merely a "divided Anglophone island, with British rule in the North being implemented by one set of heirs to the Rising and limited self-government being implemented in Dublin by another set of heirs, within the most capitalist society in Europe.".

bkeith

National Soveirngty is screwing us still to this day,who bloody wants it,(i am an irish born citizen and most have been screwed by this ************************************g ************************)FF have turned this country on its head,time to bank islam,FG won't be the better option for all yous trust me on that! i would rather go the non interest route, if i was a first time buyer,the profit margin you pay is clearly outlined,and there is an agreement based policy,on this,they still make the profits and you still get a reasonable outcome!
There is still a way irish people can bank islam Bank of Ireland - Islamic Mortgage Help

Our government and banks screwed us all on inflated overvalued interest rates,i would promote islam banking any day to anybody,infact im thinking of revoking my irish citizenship altogether!
An Islamic bank is no different, just the labels are different. It must partake in the money creation business. And it must therefore fix its financial rate of return at the outset in most of its business.

GridLock

An islamic bank is integerally different,they partake in the creaton of non interest basis money making,the only profit they make is in the sale which is a mutual agreement for example,the islamic institution could come along and buy a house that is valued at 190,000 for 200,000,no crazy interest rates or inflated out of this world terms and conditions,i think it is time to bank not just on a different bank,but a completely different philosophy,which is improving and becoming more ambitious,and yet staying true to thier values,a bank that has strong principles and values,and yet stays true to thier philosophy is a bank that could stand the test of time with irish people..
The very nature of banking with islam is a lot more secure,they buy your commodity and you buy that house back on a marginal profit..Being honest it sounds great to me,they have a large US following with their commercial loans.God..They must be doing something right!

atlantic

We lost our sovereignty the day will allowed the ECB gangsters to control our monetary policy.We have control over nothing they can kick us round as they like, yeah the government have two instruments they can use , tax us to death and and drive our children into debt peonage for the rest of their lives.Ireland has become a puppet mickey mouse state for the elite globalists and banksters in Europe.
Isn't it amazing to think we lost our Sovereignty this year and not one of the mainstream media covered it.

Instead, they reported on how Lenihan/ Cowen et all were valiantly fighting on our behalfs to save the economy and by extension our National Sovereignty.

Well, as I reflect on the year as it draws towards a conclusion and wait with trepidation for what 2011 will bring with it, I'm frankly disgusted that the Irish people have just rolled over like lambs while FF in particular have destroyed our economy and in doing so, handed our independence back to Brussels.

When did this happen you say ?, Well remember back around June, Lenihan travelled to Brussels to seek approval/ permission for his budget/banking plan and they told him what was needed to keep maintain their financial support for the country, that's when we lost our full independence.

While it was reported meekly by those who incidentally have no problem kicking the crap out of public sector workers, trade unions, social welfare recipients etc, they turned a blind eye to this momentous occasion.

And here we are now, being told by Europe that the 4 billion cuts are not enough to satisfy them and they want 6+ billion in return for their 'protection', regardless of what it does to our people. If that scenario happened in an episode of the Sopranos, we'd have another description for that type of 'protection'.

We need to now face some very unpalatable facts regardless of our various political backgrounds, namely:

1. Our Economy has been ruined, it will need to be reconstructed over several, perhaps many years.

2. Our hard fought and hard won Sovereignty has been lost and we are at the mercy of Europe/ IMF, given we realistically have no options other than those imposed by them, until such time as we rebuild our economic self- reliance.

3. The economic policies championed by Fianna Fail and the Progressive Democrats are the main reason the economy has been ruined.

If you accept that the above is true, then it is incumbent on you as an Irish citizen to ensure that the people who brought about this catastrophe are held to account for their actions or inactions.

It is also incumbent on you to ensure that the new Irish Free State emerges with proper safeguards which prevent the likes of Fianna Fail and the Progressive Democrats ever having the opportunity to repeat what they have wreaked upon the Irish people.

In the meantime, it is incumbent on you as an Irish citizen to rally to the calls now going out to prevent further sabotage to what remains of our beleaguered economy for not just our sakes, but for the sake of our children's futures as well.

In this regard, you can begin the long road back by joining the march planned for Dublin on Saturday 27th November, which will rally at the GPO, where our independence was fought for almost a century ago.

It is now time for us to set aside our differences and unite as a people in order to rebuild our economy and reclaim our country from those who have failed and betrayed us.

If getting to Dublin on the 27th is too much hassle, then we deserve what we get. Well, not those who make the effort.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom