Irish General Election 2020 - Candidates, Polls, Predictions and Results

Gin Soaked

Very true, SF in opposition with FFG p1ssing off most of the electorate .... can’t be bad ;) Lol

again, SF are in a pretty much no lose position
Unless they actually manage to fix housing in such a way that the sting is taken out of this. 5 years is needed there. And the pension issue too.

Fixing health? Jesus...

Talk Back

I'll address it by saying I hope it doesn't happen.

My preferred option since before the GE was called was for a quick series of elections to reduce the dross in the Dail.
Fianna Fail said they wouldn't have anything to do with Fine Gael during the campaign.

Who really wants the two cheeks of the same arse sitting in Leinster House?

jimbohane

I cannot understand why FF still have MM as leader or for that matter why Varadkar still heads FG. I am no Labour party supporter but Howlin stepping down was the honourable thing to do given his party's poor result. The other two leaders should follow his example. It might make forming some sort of government a lot easier.

Dearghoul

Unless they actually manage to fix housing in such a way that the sting is taken out of this. 5 years is needed there. And the pension issue too.

Fixing health? Jesus...
Given that the greatest minds in the country, would be in government, and now that their attention has been turned to it, and that they seemed unaware of it thus far, and that it's just been brought to their attention, they just might.

Their belated efforts might, with this new understanding of the problems to which they had, until now, been previously unaware, foster a great mustering of higher forces to solve that which had seemed previously insoluble.

And then there's the Health Service.

Last edited:

AhNowStop

Just watched the view on bbc1 with mark carruthers interviewing MLMD ....wow ... well worth a watch if you haven’t seen it

I known there are plenty of loons on here who claim otherwise but ye have to hand it to her she’s some operator

Catahualpa

Website
irelandinhistory.blogspot.com
I cannot understand why FF still have MM as leader or for that matter why Varadkar still heads FG. I am no Labour party supporter but Howlin stepping down was the honourable thing to do given his party's poor result. The other two leaders should follow his example. It might make forming some sort of government a lot easier.
They will both be gone within months

- certainly before the next General Election

- no Party worth its salt would like to face into the wind with either of these two Tulips at the helm.....🤪

wombat

Typical shinner bashing ... find one bad example and paint them all with the same brush .... lazy, very lazy
If you make snowballs, expect someone to throw them at you :)

LISTOWEL MAN

"the stardust vigil , people who were denied justice love sinn féin and no other party "
- Eamon Dunphy
Feb 13, 2020

that's the same Eamon Dunphy who went to a paedophiles house and gave him a present after he got caught

Cailleach

"the stardust vigil , people who were denied justice love sinn féin and no other party "
- Eamon Dunphy
Feb 13, 2020

that's the same Eamon Dunphy who went to a paedophiles house and gave him a present after he got caught
Serious question - did you suffer sexual abuse as a child; if you did, my sincere sympathy and I hope you received some help although there would appear to be unresolved issues.

MVOR

Fianna Fail are terrified of Sinn Fein getting into power because once in power SF will have access to all the people and files and will be able to expose all the wrong doing that FF and FG have done over the years. Dodgy deals, tenders going to contractors known to be completely inept and the reasons behind them being handed those contracts. It’s a can of worms FF and FG cannot afford to be exposed.

MVOR

Honourable is not a word that could ever be associated with Micheal Martin or Leo Varadkar. In fact I’d go so far as to say it’s not a word that could be associated with anyone in either Party.

Top Bottom