Irish Govt 2020 Agreed: Welcome to our new coalition overlords

james toney

Robert Watt who runs the Department of Public Expenditure...has been appointed to the board of the FAI .
Something fishy about that.....don't the FAI receive money from that department?

Rocky

Whelp. The coalition ****ed that up. Independent Catherine Connolly is your new Leas Cheann Comhairle.

I'd say numerous FF and GP TDs voted for Catherine Connolly.

Except for maybe the first FF-PD government and the FF-Labour government I don't think there is ever a more divided government in Irish history. No trust or loyalty between any of the parties. It doesn't bode well for it lasting that long and there is large elements of all three parties that wouldn't mind another election.

jmcc

Except for maybe the first FF-PD government and the FF-Labour government I don't think there is ever a more divided government in Irish history. No trust or loyalty between any of the parties. It doesn't bode well for it lasting that long and there is large elements of all three parties that wouldn't mind another election.
The problem might be that there's little trust or loyalty inside some of the parties rather than between the parties.

wombat

The problem might be that there's little trust or loyalty inside some of the parties rather than between the parties.
Whatever about that, its a question of whether FF or FG will be first to jump.

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie

And how do ye think it'll look going back to the electorate and playing another round of

Well we're not talking to them this time for definite for definite.. and we're still not talking to them either

Corcaigh85

That fergus o dowd mess is more of the same stepping on rakes carry on we've had since this new government came in. Fergus o dowd may have been the preferred government candidate but clearly some government TDs preferred another candidate. I've found deputy Connelly's contributions in the dail that I've seen to be very good.

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
This is FF and FGs first "g'way ta fuk" moment to Jack Chambers, the Govt whip

I predict it won't be the last

shiel

Was it an open vote in the Dail?

If it was then it is known who voted for who.

Clipper

But I thought they'd be mad to the plug?

wombat

This is the kind of cock up that gets blown out of all proportion, the fact that it involves a handy number for a TD who was too old for a ministry will make it all the more likely that FG TDs will look for a chance to hit back, I'd say the chances of an early election have increased out of all proportion to the event.

Corcaigh85

Was it an open vote in the Dail?

If it was then it is known who voted for who.
No secret ballot like for the ceann comhairle. I mean if the government can't get the votes for the leas CC which would be seen a relatively easy one to get through then what does that say for more critical votes down the line ?

Clipper

This is the kind of cock up that gets blown out of all proportion, the fact that it involves a handy number for a TD who was too old for a ministry will make it all the more likely that FG TDs will look for a chance to hit back, I'd say the chances of an early election have increased out of all proportion to the event.
Small tremors trigger earthquakes.

james toney

Thats some kick in the bollox for Jack Chambers.....his interviews will be interesting.

New Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom