Irish Govt 2020 Agreed: Welcome to our new coalition overlords

Rocky

The problem might be that there's little trust or loyalty inside some of the parties rather than between the parties.
There is an element of that in both Fianna Fail and the Greens, although I think the Greens are more united than some would think. There is just a loud fringe there that makes people think otherwise.

Rocky

No secret ballot like for the ceann comhairle. I mean if the government can't get the votes for the leas CC which would be seen a relatively easy one to get through then what does that say for more critical votes down the line ?
The fact that it was a secret ballot makes it easier for TDs to vote against the government.

Also the fact that it was such a trivial matter (no offence to Fergus O'Dowd) makes TDs happier to create mischief over it, as opposed to something more important.

jmcc

The fact that it was a secret ballot makes it easier for TDs to vote against the government.

Also the fact that it was such a trivial matter (no offence to Fergus O'Dowd) makes TDs happier to create mischief over it, as opposed to something more important.
First sign of a challenge to MM?

Rocky

This is FF and FGs first "g'way ta fuk" moment to Jack Chambers, the Govt whip

I predict it won't be the last
Pity it wasn't a SF candidate against O'Dowd. O'Dowd would have easily won then.

Although that might have distracted SF from being the bestest opposition party ever i.e. being regularly overshadowed by Alan O'Kelly while only having four TDs (three mainly but Louise O'Reilly does get the odd run out to be fair) that they will let go anywhere near the media.

Expose the lot of them

Expose the lot of them

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
Pity it wasn't a SF candidate against O'Dowd. O'Dowd would have easily won then.

Although that might have distracted SF from being the bestest opposition party ever i.e. being regularly overshadowed by Alan O'Kelly while only having four TDs (three mainly but Louise O'Reilly does get the odd run out to be fair) that they will let go anywhere near the media.
Ooohhh, you used not to be so catty Rocky..

😉

wombat

All right point taken.
My point is that this was a little gravy going to O'Dowd as part of the spoils divide between FF & FG, we heard of the squealing from the FFers who were overlooked by MM, now there's another FGer with an axe to grind - you can almost hear Ring egging him on. :LOL:

Finbar10

No secret ballot like for the ceann comhairle. I mean if the government can't get the votes for the leas CC which would be seen a relatively easy one to get through then what does that say for more critical votes down the line ?
More than one source, e.g. both RTE and Examiner, referring to this as a secret ballot too. In that case, a bit less surprising.

stray creditor

The Coalition Ship of Government has hardly set sail and there has been one fellow asleep at his post and now a significant level of insubordination and dereliction of duty from around fifteen crew.
Captains Micheál and Leo will have get first-mate Jack Chambers to find the culprits and administer the floggings in front of the crew, before the rot sets in, because there will be stormier seas ahead.

Lord Talbot

The Deputy Speaker role is traditionally given to the opposition. Additionally, with a razor thin majority, its probably helpful for the govt that they haven't lost another voting member.

Shrug.

james toney

The Coalition of Chaos spin doctors.. have urged the three amigos to have a 'Staycation' in light of all the scandals since they have been in Government.

EdHxh4NXsAEyu43.jpeg

Last edited:

james toney

No hope of the elite and overpaid TD's doing this.

EdruWamWAAY3K-c.jpeg

New Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom