Irish jobs saved by Muslim immigrants

jfk2008

The Cappoquin Chicken plant has been given a major boost by two private investors, both of whom are based in Derby and from a Muslim immigrant background. The plant will produce halal chicken and hopefully most of the jobs will be saved:

Cappoquin hopes to save most jobs
Sunday October 05 2008

The Cappoquin poultry processing plant in Co Waterford has been sold to two private investors, Perwiaz Latif and Zahid Hussain, owners of Derby Poultry in the UK, who have taken majority stakes in the company.

........................................................................................................

Cappoquin Poultry Limited will focus on the production of halal chicken, a business in which Mr Latif and Mr Hussain have considerable experience. Talks are due to begin with trade unions at the plant to restructure the business and it is hoped to save the jobs of a majority of the existing employees.
Cappoquin hopes to save most jobs - National News, Frontpage - Independent.ie

Parnella

The Cappoquin Chicken plant has been given a major boost by two private investors, both of whom are based in Derby and from a Muslim immigrant background. The plant will produce halal chicken and hopefully most of the jobs will be saved:

Cappoquin hopes to save most jobs - National News, Frontpage - Independent.ie
Excellent news. Well done to those entrepreneurial immigrants. Just goes to show that we need to offer our immigrant population all of the opportunities that we have and they can spur on the economy. Not that I ever doubted that.

jfk2008

And your point is?
It's just my way of highlighting the absurdity of the "all Muslims/immigrants are evil/stealing Irish jobs" sh*te that gets posted here all the time.

greengoose1

It's just my way of highlighting the absurdity of the "all Muslims/immigrants are evil/stealing Irish jobs" sh*te that gets posted here all the time.
That's fine in a sense but does it matter who bought the place? These guys are simply businessmen and probably see a big niche in halal meat production. Now we will be getting idiotic posts about halal meat....

Bobert

EuskadiTaAskatasuna

First off what does their religion have to do with anything? why is it important enough to be reported? i have no paranoia about muslims therefore hearing that they have invested and saved irish jobs while good to hear surely won't ease the non-sense fears some may have about islam?

jfk2008

You're welcome.

I thought it was time to try and bring a very small bit of balance to this place.

garlandgreen

Balance? What point have you made? That Muslims can invest money in business for profit. Where on these forums have you seen any comment suggesting otherwise?. It all sounds a tad desperate to me

jfk2008

Balance? What point have you made? That Muslims can invest money in business for profit. Where on these forums have you seen any comment suggesting otherwise?. It all sounds a tad desperate to me
I've seen plenty of posts on these forums filled with rabid hatred of Muslims, suggesting that they're all either terrorists or potential terrorists and a threat to 'our' way of life.

There are also plenty of posts demanding that all immigrants be sent packing.

The thread isn't about investment. The point is to highlight some positive aspects of Muslim immigration.

Your attempt to restrict the focus to investment sounds a tad disingenuous to me.

Last edited:

Parnella

There have been multiple desperate and pathetic attempts to tar immigrants as undesirables including one pathetically popular one about a rude bus driver who happened to be Nigerian...A RUDE BUS DRIVER!!!! what on earth are these immigrants doing to our lovely friendly country!

Fair play to the OP for trying to bring some balance with this thread. Immigrants should be allowed to provide the worth that the massive majority of them want to provide and not be abused.

A shame that the Republican ethos is not very apparent in our society.

garlandgreen

I've seen plenty of posts on these forums filled with rabid hatred of Muslims, suggesting that they're all either terrorists or potential terrorists and a threat to 'our' way of life.

There are also plenty of posts demanding that all immigrants be sent packing.

The thread isn't about investement. The point is to highlight some positive aspects of Muslim immigration.

Your attempt to restrict the focus to invesment sounds a tad disingenuous to me.
Sorry gringo you made it about investment not me. Look at the title of your thread. Disingenuous? If you have an argument to make then argue it. But don't throw out an abstract irrelevance and expect that your conclusion logically follows.

It's not very convincing.

jfk2008

You may have noticed the words 'Muslim immigrants' in the thread title. :rolleyes:

jfk2008

garlandgreen

Neither. I'm asking you to clarify what your point is and how the investment in business prooves it

jfk2008

Neither. I'm asking you to clarify what your point is and how the investment in business prooves it
My point has been clarified and should be obvious to anyone.

garlandgreen

It is obvious. You have no point. You tried to leech on standard business activities to defend Islam without bothering to demonstrate what the connection is.

jfk2008

It is obvious. You have no point. You tried to leech on standard business activities to defend Islam without bothering to demonstrate what the connection is.
I'll tell you what's obvious. It's obvious that you're an annoying idiot.

Ignore list for you matey.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies