Irish Nationalist Snowflakes Attack MS Charity For Using Themuns Colours

between the bridges

Irish Nationalist Snowflakes Attack MS Charity over the use of the colour Orange...

TUFZMTIxMTIxMzUw.jpg

Alliance councillor Peter McReynolds – who was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in 2013 – said that a backlash against the charity from many Irish nationalists was “a real shame”.

Orange is the MS Society’s brand colour, and this campaign was used to promote our MS fundraiser across the whole of the UK. We appreciate the sensitivities in Northern Ireland, this was an honest mistake and the advert has now been taken down.”

Responding to the online backlash, Cllr McReynolds said the scathing online comments “descended into silliness”.

He said: “I just think it is a real shame. I do a lot of work with the MS Society, including runs wearing bright orange colours. That people would look at something like that and think that it was about malice aimed at a certain group in Northern Ireland...I just don’t understand that.

“The national MS Society has put together a campaign they thought was completely harmless and this should not take away from the event that is taking place. Social media amplifies things.”

One wonders will the use of a primary colour be banned in the methodological Utopian UI...

Be afeared, be very afeared...

the-orange-man.jpg

And as for Terrys well they're rubber ducked...

LN_515617_BP_11.jpg

McSlaggart

Irish Nationalist Snowflakes Attack MS Charity over the use of the colour Orange...

TUFZMTIxMTIxMzUw.jpg

Alliance councillor Peter McReynolds – who was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in 2013 – said that a backlash against the charity from many Irish nationalists was “a real shame”.

Orange is the MS Society’s brand colour, and this campaign was used to promote our MS fundraiser across the whole of the UK. We appreciate the sensitivities in Northern Ireland, this was an honest mistake and the advert has now been taken down.”

Responding to the online backlash, Cllr McReynolds said the scathing online comments “descended into silliness”.

He said: “I just think it is a real shame. I do a lot of work with the MS Society, including runs wearing bright orange colours. That people would look at something like that and think that it was about malice aimed at a certain group in Northern Ireland...I just don’t understand that.

“The national MS Society has put together a campaign they thought was completely harmless and this should not take away from the event that is taking place. Social media amplifies things.”

One wonders will the use of a primary colour be banned in the methodological Utopian UI...

Be afeared, be very afeared...

the-orange-man.jpg

And as for Terrys well they're rubber ducked...

LN_515617_BP_11.jpg

It does highlight the excellent marketing that the Orange order has done in the wider community.

Dame_Enda

Both sides in NI can be very tetchy about flags and symbols. Dont lay that at the door of a hypothetical United Ireland. If I was from NI I would not be over the moon about being separated from the rest of the island of Ireland, but I think fixating over the colour of a T-shirt is maybe pushing things a bit.

between the bridges

Both sides in NI can be very tetchy about flags and symbols. Dont lay that at the door of a hypothetical United Ireland. If I was from NI I would not be over the moon about being separated from the rest of the island of Ireland, but I think fixating over the colour of a T-shirt is maybe pushing things a bit.
No sh!t Sherlock, thon might explain why the usual suspects have run a mile or ten...

Cdebru

It wasn't the colour orange it was the phrase "turn the streets of Belfast orange" which a few people pointed out had a different connotation in Ireland than it has in Britain.

MS UK agreed and withdrew the ad with the phrase, no big deal.

Glaucon

Have they been able to find anyone who actually objected to this? I keep reading of "online backlash" but where? And from whom? I find it hard to believe that anyone could be so stupid.

between the bridges

Have they been able to find anyone who actually objected to this? I keep reading of "online backlash" but where? And from whom? I find it hard to believe that anyone could be so stupid.
Wtf? Sure don't ye see the same level of blind stupid stereotypical hatred of themorangeywans expressed on here every day...

Glaucon

Wtf? Sure don't ye see the same level of blind stupid stereotypical hatred of themorangeywans expressed on here every day...
Yes, but we do it here to flame each other (save for retards like Talk Back). I can't see anyone who would seriously object to this.

Supra

Pretty sure all the social media 'attacks' were really just a bit of craic.

between the bridges

Yes, but we do it here to flame each other (save for retards like Talk Back). I can't see anyone who would seriously object to this.
The tweet...

yjbkw-webp-net-resizeimage_-_2020-03-03t135757-569.png

the neo fascist Irish nationalists attacks on a charity...

One Twitter user replied: “What next? Wear your white hoodies in Mississippi? Wonderful lack of foresight and research of the area,” while another branded the advert “pretty appalling insensitivity.”

Shame on ye all...

McSlaggart

The tweet..

the neo fascist Irish nationalists attacks on a charity...

One Twitter user replied: “What next? Wear your white hoodies in Mississippi? Wonderful lack of foresight and research of the area,” while another branded the advert “pretty appalling insensitivity.”

Shame on ye all...

" How does it feel
To be on your own
With no direction home "
Dylan

ShoutingIsLeadership

Maybe? Mayfnckingbe?

bang bang

Just a tad!

between the bridges

Another T-shirt row, this time the icon of many republican posters on here, Baroness Paisley, has hit out at an advertising campaign by sports retailer O'Neills...

"It is with great sadness that I write regarding an item advertised for sale in the new O'Neills sports shop opened this week by the Lord Mayor of our great capital city," said Baroness Paisley.

"I'm sure I speak on behalf of a great number of Bible-believing Christians who are broken-hearted at such a blasphemous advertisement, demeaning the Holy Name of God, and using the picture of a young lady dressed as a nun under the words 'Sweet Suffering Jehovah'.

"I am sure there are many people from the Roman Catholic Church who will also be grieved to see their religion insulted in this way."

Mrs Paisley also said the Lord Mayor should be reminded that he serves all the people of Belfast - including those of a Christian faith.

"The blood of Jesus Christ, God's Virgin-born Son, cleanses us from all sin."

sweet-suffering-jehovah-jersey-kids-1.jpg

Wan awaits o'neills redrawing this blasphemous slap ball shirt...

blinding

Another T-shirt row, this time the icon of many republican posters on here, Baroness Paisley, has hit out at an advertising campaign by sports retailer O'Neills...

"It is with great sadness that I write regarding an item advertised for sale in the new O'Neills sports shop opened this week by the Lord Mayor of our great capital city," said Baroness Paisley.

"I'm sure I speak on behalf of a great number of Bible-believing Christians who are broken-hearted at such a blasphemous advertisement, demeaning the Holy Name of God, and using the picture of a young lady dressed as a nun under the words 'Sweet Suffering Jehovah'.

"I am sure there are many people from the Roman Catholic Church who will also be grieved to see their religion insulted in this way."

Mrs Paisley also said the Lord Mayor should be reminded that he serves all the people of Belfast - including those of a Christian faith.

"The blood of Jesus Christ, God's Virgin-born Son, cleanses us from all sin."

sweet-suffering-jehovah-jersey-kids-1.jpg

Wan awaits o'neills redrawing this blasphemous slap ball shirt...
I am starting my Tank and heading North. Ye have gone too far this time.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies