Irish people have no right to be racist, says McAleese

omgsquared

I don't object to bedwetter either.
One can have opinions that may be considered racist, one can have opinions that are considered liberal however one can be polite and stop name calling and insulting one another.
As a person with opinions that may be considered racist I do not insult people of other races, i prefer not to have anything to do with them . Sometimes this cannot be avoided , in hospitals, on public transport as employees, colleagues etc. I am civil to them but do not socialize whenever possible or have any non professional contact with them. I believe that different races portray different traits and my experience living in multi cultural countries tends to reinforce that opinion.The experience has also demonstrated to me the disaster that will be multi-culturism in Ireland particularly when it comes to the immigration of African and muslim Asians on the scale and criteria that is occurring in Ireland.

Mercurial

One can have opinions that may be considered racist, one can have opinions that are considered liberal however one can be polite and stop name calling and insulting one another.
As a person with opinions that may be considered racist I do not insult people of other races, i prefer not to have anything to do with them . Sometimes this cannot be avoided , in hospitals, on public transport as employees, colleagues etc. I am civil to them but do not socialize whenever possible or have any non professional contact with them. I believe that different races portray different traits and my experience living in multi cultural countries tends to reinforce that opinion.The experience has also demonstrated to me the disaster that will be multi-culturism in Ireland particularly when it comes to the immigration of African and muslim Asians on the scale and criteria that is occurring in Ireland.
It's weird that you think being polite is more important that not being racist.

omgsquared

I suppose it's easier to believe that than to take responsibility for your racism.
What do you mean by this . As regards being polite: this and being civil to one another is a necessity if we wish to live without killing each other on a daily basis. We do not have to agree , we can have different opinions of each other ,but we need to be civil. As with people of my own race that I do not particularly like, I do not commit violence against other races. I tolerate their presence but do not go out of my way to assist them and will always give preference to one of my own race all things being equal.
I will and have provided assistance to people of other races, am sponsoring one at university but this does not in any way take away from my beliefs that different races have certain inherent qualities and that I view multi culturism as a backward development in this country.

Mercurial

What do you mean by this.
I mean that it's psychologically difficult to admit to oneself that one has flaws, especially when those flaws concern something as seriously wrong as racism. It's also humiliating for many people (especially but not exclusively men) to admit that they are wrong in the context of a debate, which is viewed by many as a kind of competition. To admit being wrong, and even worse to perhaps apologize, is to lose face.

In contrast, it's a lot easier to tell oneself that one isn't really racist in the first place.

As regards being polite: this and being civil to one another is a necessity if we wish to live without killing each other on a daily basis. We do not have to agree , we can have different opinions of each other ,but we need to be civil. As with people of my own race that I do not particularly like, I do not commit violence against other races. I tolerate their presence but do not go out of my way to assist them and will always give preference to one of my own race all things being equal.
I will and have provided assistance to people of other races, am sponsoring one at university but this does not in any way take away from my beliefs that different races have certain inherent qualities and that I view multi culturism as a backward development in this country.
It is difficult to think of a more obvious example of incivility than racism, which is predicted on the moral inequality of one's fellow human beings.

omgsquared

I mean that it's psychologically difficult to admit to oneself that one has flaws, especially when those flaws concern something as seriously wrong as racism. It's also humiliating for many people (especially but not exclusively men) to admit that they are wrong in the context of a debate, which is viewed by many as a kind of competition. To admit being wrong, and even worse to perhaps apologize, is to lose face.

In contrast, it's a lot easier to tell oneself that one isn't really racist in the first place.

It is difficult to think of a more obvious example of incivility than racism, which is predicted on the moral inequality of one's fellow human beings.
Once again you mention racism without appreciating the nuances associated with the term. You still have not responded in regard your preference re who you would wish living next door to you.
There are many examples that are much more obvious, slavery, genocide,discriminatory laws etc etc.
Because of my experiences of working in multi ethnic cultural societies and work places for almost 35 years with various races and nationalities,. My opinions are not based on notions of inequality , but rather on observations that as a general rule races have their own respective attributes , behave, think differently . There are always exceptions to all rules but in general I have found that my opinions are well founded on my observations and experience .
As I alluded to I will not be burning crosses on anyone lawn, or attacking halting sites or running pigs through Mosques, or beef thru Hindu temples . And yes I have non white friends with whom I can discuss racism and with whom we have a good laughs because we recognize our respective traits.
I have no problem n appreciating why they have immigration laws and investment laws that control the influx and influence of foreigners ( non indigenous if you wish) in their country and which are designed to protect the welfare and rights of their own citizens. BTW in all of the places I have worked, where there is a functioning state, there are much stricter immigration laws in place than in Ireland.

Mercurial

Once again you mention racism without appreciating the nuances associated with the term. You still have not responded in regard your preference re who you would wish living next door to you.
There are many examples that are much more obvious, slavery, genocide,discriminatory laws etc etc.
Because of my experiences of working in multi ethnic cultural societies and work places for almost 35 years with various races and nationalities,. My opinions are not based on notions of inequality , but rather on observations that as a general rule races have their own respective attributes , behave, think differently . There are always exceptions to all rules but in general I have found that my opinions are well founded on my observations and experience .
As I alluded to I will not be burning crosses on anyone lawn, or attacking halting sites or running pigs through Mosques, or beef thru Hindu temples . And yes I have non white friends with whom I can discuss racism and with whom we have a good laughs because we recognize our respective traits.
I have no problem n appreciating why they have immigration laws and investment laws that control the influx and influence of foreigners ( non indigenous if you wish) in their country and which are designed to protect the welfare and rights of their own citizens. BTW in all of the places I have worked, where there is a functioning state, there are much stricter immigration laws in place than in Ireland.
The idea that "a general rule races have their own respective attributes , behave, think differently" is only founded on your observations and experiences if those observations and experiences are limited to playing Dungeons and Dragons with a particularly inept DM.

omgsquared

The idea that "a general rule races have their own respective attributes , behave, think differently" is only founded on your observations and experiences if those observations and experiences are limited to playing Dungeons and Dragons with a particularly inept DM.
So what is Dungeons and Dragons,, and a DM
I have worked overseas mostly in Africa but also IN Asia, Middle East, Caribbean , South America and the USA in a wide variety of roles and been part of and also led multi racial multi disciplinary teams. So lets keep it civil no need to mention Dand Ds? and DMs whatever they are. Stuck at the moment overseas and bored with this containment business

omgsquared

Read The Bell Curve, OH BTW you have still not responded to the question re references and neighbors,

Golah veNekhar

I suppose it's easier to believe that than to take responsibility for your racism.
"A Voice" is indeed genocidely even racist, but is no more racist than the average member of your tribal group. The fact is that racism is extremely rare among the Gael. You need to stop obsessing about the largely imagined moral failings of the pale skinned Goy. If you do that I promise you that you will find that you were indeed projecting unto them the stuff about yourself that you do not want to face. Gilad Atzmon has written very interesting stuff on this.

Hate vs. Peace and Harmony — Gilad Atzmon thoughts and music

Popular Threads

Most Replies