Irish people were better looking in the 1950s -Dr Chris Luke

recedite

No just put a drop of superglue on the end of what was knocked out and then held it in for a few seconds. It lasted for a couple of years, it is not recommended but did the job. I once also stitched myself on the leg . I also once put a splint on a broken wrist ( snuff box) that did the job for four days until I got to a Doc, Drove 600km over dirt roads with the home made splint. Bloody sore .. took a few brufen
Sometimes you just got to do what you have to do.
Fair play, not many people try DIY dentistry.
Super glue is actually widely used in dentistry, especially for gluing bits of false teeth and orthodontic braces together. But they call it cyanoacrylate, which sounds much more up-market. No glue was going to hold a broken tooth together anyway, you'd need a crown or an implant.

A couple of times when I had metal stitches, I took them out with a pliers after about 2 weeks. Don't leave it too long though, or your flesh grows around them.
You're expected to go back to the hospital and queue up there for about 3 hours so they can remove them, but fcuk that.

omgsquared

I once performed dental surgery in an emergency. Ot was a cricket match and two of our fielders collided when going for a catch. One of them lost two front teeth, roots and all. I raced to the pavillion, got ice and water and a couple of clean tea towels. I put the teeth back in and got him to clench on the icy tea towels, replacing one with the other in a cycle.

He still has those teeth thirty years later.

His dentist told him that the promptness of the intervention saved his teeth.

I tell the story not to bask in glory; I had heard of the same thing happening in a hockey matches years before, so i was prepared.

I tell it purely for information in case anyone reading this encounters a similar situation.

Get the teeth bank in before swelling prevents that possibility and apply cold pressure.

Public service announcement over.
Well done I think this generation would need counselling if they tried to do this or were the recipients of such treatment, Then there wud be a government inquiry as to the abuse of cricket players and possible links with glue sniffing..

Blokesbloke

I once performed dental surgery in an emergency. Ot was a cricket match and two of our fielders collided when going for a catch. One of them lost two front teeth, roots and all. I raced to the pavillion, got ice and water and a couple of clean tea towels. I put the teeth back in and got him to clench on the icy tea towels, replacing one with the other in a cycle.

He still has those teeth thirty years later.

His dentist told him that the promptness of the intervention saved his teeth.

I tell the story not to bask in glory; I had heard of the same thing happening in a hockey matches years before, so i was prepared.

I tell it purely for information in case anyone reading this encounters a similar situation.

Get the teeth bank in before swelling prevents that possibility and apply cold pressure.

Public service announcement over.
So wait, you just shove them back in and then keep biting on ice-filled teatowels and they just reattach?

This seem miraculous!

omgsquared

So wait, you just shove them back in and then keep biting on ice-filled teatowels and they just reattach?

This seem miraculous!
no icy towels We were lucky to have water, ha ha,, But it worked for me for a few years. Unfortunately having a tooth extracted tomorrow, Hate the thought.. hate it so much I wud rather listen to Joe Duffys whine line.

CatullusV

This seem miraculous!
It was necessary to get them back in before swelling eliminated that option. Swelling afterwards might have pushed them back out.

Popular Threads

Most Replies