Irish Pirate Party

Toraryu

With the success of the Swedish Pirate Party there has been a surge in support for Pirate Parties globally. There is currently a push being made to set up an Irish Pirate Party.

Pirate Party Ireland

What are peoples opinions of this phenomenon?

liamfoley

It's not really relevant to people in Ireland until the law cracks down on people. Remember a few years ago when some fella was elected in Donegal because people were not happy that their television reception was being taken away?

Ah Well

With the success of the Swedish Pirate Party there has been a surge in support for Pirate Parties globally. There is currently a push being made to set up an Irish Pirate Party.

Pirate Party Ireland

What are peoples opinions of this phenomenon?
It's a bit much when they say the Website is coming soon (ie no details/info at all presently) and also then proceed to say that for the moment ppl can submit details if they want to get involved or join the party.

Cart before horse scenario

Best of luck with the Party btw :)

Panopticon

I find it ironic that the Pirate Party has a form to collect e-mails on their front/only page without linking to a privacy policy.

MsAnneThrope

Will George Hook be the captain, I mean leader?

DS-09

Luckily there are EU Warships now to combat this sort of thing
Didn't Charles De Gaulle support a 'Europe of fatherlands'? What's all this rubbish about "EU warships"? :roll:.

As for the thread content, what are the pirates policies on foreign affairs? Aaarrhhhh Ah well, you be a votin for da pirates me lad? :p :p

Mitsui

I think it's a bad idea. It will cause confusion among the electorate. They'll think they're voting for Fianna Fáil.

Ah Well

As for the thread content, what are the pirates policies on foreign affairs? Aaarrhhhh Ah well, you be a votin for da pirates me lad? :p :p

Nope I most certainly will not be voting for those in the Irish Blackbeard Fraternity .... unless of course they come up with plans and policies for starters which might be remotely worth considering.

Tbh having a Web home page basic in the extreme stating that a Website is coming soon but in the meantime seeking details of interested persons is ummmm a bit "Irish"

I note also as per Wiki (preceded by the usual health warning) that the Pirate Party in Sweden received 7.13% of the total Swedish votes in the 2009 European Parliament elections, which will result in one seat in the European parliament, two if the Lisbon Treaty goes into effect :confused:

I also note as per Wiki that outside Sweden, pirate parties have been started in several countries, inspired by the Swedish initiative. They cooperate through PP International. I wonder if our Irish Brethern have been stuck in this.

Pirate Party - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

MsAnneThrope

For some strange reason I've just had a mental image of Ceann Comhairle John O'Donoghue bellowing "Ahoy me mateys!" to try bring order to the Dáil :)

Digout

They have done their first bit of pirating, check the favicon ( its the icon ya can see when ya have a few browser tabs open), does the icon look familiar?

Pig Destroyer

I look forward to see what the Swedish Pirate MEP says if the European Parliament debates the issue of going after pirates off the coast of Somalia. Surely he'd have to stand up on behalf of his colleagues...

DJCB33

I've been using the Lisbon Treaty gets rejected 1 seat for Pirate, Lisbon treaty gets accepted 2 seats for Pirate as a selling point on the Lisbon II referendum. As most of my friends are not interested in Lisbon or politics in general but are very interested in some one stopping Eircom from cutting off there internet connection it has been a good selling point. 2 lads who were on the fence (thinks Lisbon will make their jobs more secure, don't like been asked the same question twice) are know voting yes.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies