• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Irish politician charges 17000 euros to give talk on Irish Famine. Guess who?

Truth.ie

And pops in via private helicopter, no less.
No. Not Ahern, Lowry or O' Donaghue.
Sinn Fein's support group that flew Adams to US for operation has $750,000 in the bank - National News - Independent.ie

Is this not a bit crass and tasteless?
Apart from the fact he's not a historian, should politicians of any hue be making financial gain from such a calamitous tragedy?
It's reminiscent of the Jews and their Holocaust Industry.
When Hume won the Nobel peace prize, he gave the winnings to charity.
And he was supposed to be the "Castle Catholic"
Couldn't Adams have given this fee to modern famine victims or just do it pro bono, minus expenses.
Had it been a FG or FF politician, I've no doubt the Shinners would be screaming.
I started a thread last year, when Ahern charged the Spanish 30k to attend a weekend peace conference in the Basque country.
This is no different.

Mitsui2

And you were doing so well till you got this far!

Give the guy a break. After all, he's just peddling the same self-regard that you show in your own chosen username.

Or does it just irritate you that he gets paid for his propaganda while you're confined to fulminating here for free?

Truth.ie

And you were doing so well till you got this far!

Give the guy a break. After all, he's just peddling the same self-regard that you show in your own chosen username.

Or does it just irritate you that he gets paid for his propaganda while you're confined to fulminating here for free?
It was Jews themselves who coined the phrase "holocaust industry" and it was aimed at those who made financial gain from it.

TiredOfBeingTired

There's a decent point in there, somewhere...
But it seems to be lost at 02:29

controller

My first thought was Da Bert

ManOfReason

Sure doesn't Jerry get by on the 'average industrial wage', you can't begrudge him trousering the odd 17K here and there :rolleyes:

Cruimh

Sinn Fein's support group that flew Adams to US for operation has $750,000 in the bank - National News - Independent.ie

Apart from the fact he's not a historian, should politicians of any hue be making financial gain from such a calamitous tragedy?
Couldn't Adams have given this fee to modern famine victims or just do it pro bono, minus expenses.
Had it been a FG or FF politician, I've no doubt the Shinners would be screaming.
I started a thread last year, when Ahern charged the Spanish 30k to attend a weekend peace conference in the Basque country.
This is no different.
He is a poor man - cannot afford to sue to defend his name - and he has Private healthcare bills?

As for him not being a historian - do you really think he writes his own material? ;)

The Owl

I wonder what the title of his speech was:

How to keep your head when all about are losing theirs.

pippakin

This is no different.
No Gerry Adams is not a historian. I know its all publicity and some say there is no such thing as bad publicity... To be fair when a group choose someone like him they are probably not interested in the facts.

Lain2016

This is no different.
It was €23,000 yesterday...the Indofascists would want to get their story straight :rolleyes:

BrightDay

I wonder what the title of his speech was:

How to keep your head when all about are losing theirs.
I know this is a bit off topic but SF organised fundraising events a few years ago in Donegal and the event was: Take Me Out.

Boy M5

Adams was my first guess.
I suppose the story is because of his border poll campaign (geddit?)
The analogy with the "Holocaust Industry" is a valid one. As SF has a well developed American network. And this is how fund raising works in the US. To me the event appears inappropriate. However......
SF don't have Irish media friends, they don't have friends in corporate Ireland. They aren't part of the system here. They are not part of what passes for the "elite" here. FG and FF have golf days or tents at races and look where the latter got us.

S

simeongrimes

Come back to us when the story is carried in a reputable newspaper. You can't believe anything you read in the Independent and when SF is involved they don't even pretend to care about the truth.

That newspaper has one political objective which is to bring back Fianna Fáil because that is the only party that will allow them influence. Remember Payback Time!

Furze

Is it not a pity that Brian Lenihan Snr. or indeed Jnr. had friends like this. :mad:

Analyzer

Wait until de Bert starts talking about de Boom and de Bowl......

Spanner Island

They're all the same...

It doesn't matter what party they're from or where they are on the political spectrum...

The vast majority of Irish politicians are grubby, money obsessed, self serving parasites...

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies