Irish Resident travels to India to beat depression and ends up raped and beheaded

NativeWildCat

'SO MUCH SUFFERING' Woman who went to India to cure her depression was raped, beheaded and found hanged upside-down in a forest

Liga Skromane - who was Latvian but who had lived in Dublin for years - arrived in Kerala for treatment with her sister in February

A TOURIST who travelled to India to tackle her depression was drugged, raped and beheaded before her corpse was left hanging upside down in a forest.

Cops revealed Liga Skromane was lured by two men who then sexually assaulted her before butchering her body.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6209289/irish-woman-india-depression-raped-beheaded-forest-liga-skromane/
Disgusting story. This type of vile story is becoming too common in India amongst Irish backpackers. I know someone personally who was sexually assaulted in the middle of the street by a gang of savages in broad daylight. If I was a woman I wouldn't dream of going there unless armed to the teeth and carrying 8 rape alarms.

Mitsui2

Disgusting story. This type of vile story is becoming too common in India amongst Irish backpackers. I know someone personally who was sexually assaulted in the middle of the street by a gang of savages in broad daylight. If I was a woman I wouldn't dream of going there unless armed to the teeth and carrying 8 rape alarms.
Might be a good idea not to go, so.

former wesleyan

Rape is a political weapon in some parts of India.Tourists are probably less of a target than local girls.

OrderoftheDragon

People taking their western liberal values to the likes of the Indian sub continent, parts of south America and Asia are fools.

See how far your "consent" debating gets you there..........

Anywhere that has no effective law enforcement/police, and you are game ball for anything the locals decide they want to do with you.

redhead

Was it your mate from the Swedish rape thread who a) said the woman got a dose of her own medicine, b) called anyone who objected a cat lady, c) made up a bullsh1t story about being an older woman from another generation who was raped by foreigners and then d) said he was going off to watch the match, by any chance?

NativeWildCat

Was it your mate from the Swedish rape thread who a) said the woman got a dose of her own medicine, b) called anyone who objected a cat lady, c) made up a bullsh1t story about being an older woman from another generation who was raped by foreigners and then d) said he was going off to watch the match, by any chance?
No. None of those.

flavirostris

petaljam / stringjack to Shoah this thread in 10..9..8..7..6..

blinding

Young women and young men need to be educated that many of these places are not safe to go to . They may be safe when the authorities are on the ball and are protecting tourists for the sake of the income that the tourists bring in .

When / if the authorities take their eye off the ball then these places are often very dangerous places . Young people need the real information about these places and not have the truth held back from them .

The world is not as safe as we would wish it to be . Please let young people know the real danger that they may be letting themselves in for .

Socratus O' Pericles

It is amazing how the wannabe Yanqui* Stormfronters can trawl the internet for awful, tragic stories to support their foreigners are rapists and murderers schtick.

My kids (3) have all gone to India and had a wonderful time, not a pic of trouble and a warm, friendly greeting everywhere they went. They think very highly of the Indian people.

I'm planning on going myself in October, so I'll post about that when I return... if I return, of course.

Like New York itself, this particular tragedy is so good they posted it twice.

mr_anderson

Young women and young men need to be educated that many of these places are not safe to go to.
When I was growing up that education was called 'common sense'.
What has happened in the meantime for people to think 2nd & 3rd world countries are somehow as safe as Europe ?

NativeWildCat

It is amazing how the wannabe Yanqui Stormfronters can trawl the internet for awful, tragic stories to support their foreigners are rapists and murderers schtick.

My kids (3) have all gone to India and had a wonderful time, not a pic of trouble and a warm, friendly greeting everywhere they went. They think very highly of the Indian people.

I'm planning on going myself in October, so I'll post about that when I return... if I return, of course.
Pffffffffffffft. What kind of balls is this? So on an Irish forum we can't discuss a major story involving an Irish resident suffering a brutal rape and murder? You need to have a hard look at yourself.

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
To be clear, beheading is not a proper treatment for depression, whilst it certainly alleviates the depression, it does so at the cost of a life

Cyp

blinding

When I was growing up that education was called 'common sense'.
What has happened in the meantime for people to think 2nd & 3rd world countries are somehow as safe as Europe ?
We are not allowed due to political correctness to tell our children / young adults the truth of how the world is .

You are now told what to say / think / and behave regardless of how recklessly dangerous this can be for our young people . The collateral damage of our young people is no concern to the Political Correctness of our Authorities .

flavirostris

The idea that India is as safe as Spain or Italy is plain nuts. It's the rape capital of the world.

Even somewhere like Turkey can be very dangerous for a solo female traveller.

Just google the case of the Italian woman who was hitchhiking to the Middle East to prove that xenophobia is wrong.

Or the unfortunate Polish girl who went to Egypt without her boyfriend. Drugged, raped and thrown over a balcony.

blinding

Pffffffffffffft. What kind of balls is this? So on an Irish forum we can't discuss a major story involving an Irish resident suffering a brutal rape and murder? You need to have a hard look at yourself.
Politcal correctness is more important than lives .

The Field Marshal

It’s a sad story and hopefully the bastards who enacted this atrocity are apprehended and dealt with appropriately.

cricket

We are not allowed due to political correctness to tell our children / young adults the truth of how the world is .

You are now told what to say / think / and behave regardless of how recklessly dangerous this can be for our young people . The collateral damage of our young people is no concern to the Political Correctness of our Authorities .
You're odd.
I'd say you'd be mighty craic on a night out :rolleyes:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies