Irish Sea border 'absurd'

McSlaggart

"Sir Jeffrey Donaldson has called the idea of a sea border between Ireland and the UK "absurd" and "unconstitutional"."

DUP: Irish Sea border 'absurd' - BBC News

No one would spend much time arguing about the stupidity of the situation of the UK after voting to get out of the EU.

Before the vote Arline waffled on about using smart technology to eliminate the need for border checks. I remember it clearly as the woman was from fermanagh and thus be aware how difficult it is to stop illegal traffic.

Questions:

Can anyone from Northern Ireland who vote to get out of the EU explain how they thought the border issue would be sorted? How do you propose that one will not have to have a passport of some sort to go the "Mainland"?

something "gracethepirate!" posted

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/aug/04/ireland-border-eu-brexit-unification"

Last edited:

users

Oh, Ser Jeffrey!
Au contraire it's far better than any wall and it's both cost and maintenance free.
The Americans would love to have the Irish Sea between them and Mexico.

ScoobyDoo

He sounds nearly as upset as Leo "I'm entitled to be angry" Varadkar is because a country democratically voted to get out of the EU :oops:

McSlaggart

He sounds nearly as upset as Leo "I'm entitled to be angry" Varadkar is because a country democratically voted to get out of the EU :oops:
Could you please post up the words that Varadkar used that give you the impression that he was angry?

Angler

Really ? , could you demonstrate that ,or are you just sniping .

cricket

Clever move by Varadkar to spur realistic debate.

Mickeymac

Sir Jeffrey Donaldson has called the idea of a sea border between Ireland and the UK "absurd" and "unconstitutional"."

Hilarious:lol: particularly the "unconstitutional" bit.

Mickeymac

The border can only really be addressed properly once the negotiations' outcome on UK / EU trade and people movement is known.

I see Raz has tried to overshadow wee Jeffrey in the comedy quotes.:lol::lol::lol:

ScoobyDoo

Could you please post up the words that Varadkar used that give you the impression that he was angry?
His seething comments against Brits democratic vote, that can easily be found with a quick google.

Toys thrown wildly out of the pram.

Wascurito

Clever move by Varadkar to spur realistic debate.
Agreed. The Brits needed a wee kick up the derriére. Turning up month after month with vague promises about cameras and technology just isn't good enough.

lord

Why not have a border between the British Isles and the rest of the EU we keep the free travel area.
Keep the status quo between Ireland,England,Scotland,Wales and Northern Ireland.

vivabrigada

Why not have a border between the British Isles and the rest of the EU we keep the free travel area.
Keep the status quo between Ireland,England,Scotland,Wales and Northern Ireland.
Did I just read that?

Ireniall

"Sir Jeffrey Donaldson has called the idea of a sea border between Ireland and the UK "absurd" and "unconstitutional"."

DUP: Irish Sea border 'absurd' - BBC News

No one would spend much time arguing about the stupidity of the situation of the UK after voting to get out of the EU.

Before the vote Arline waffled on about using smart technology to eliminate the need for border checks. I remember it clearly as the woman was from fermanagh and thus be aware how difficult it is to stop illegal traffic.

Questions:

Can anyone from Northern Ireland who vote to get out of the EU explain how they thought the border issue would be sorted? How do you propose that one will not have to have a passport of some sort to go the "Mainland"?
Lol- Brexiteer describes logical consequence of Brexit as 'madness' and 'absurd'. Oh dear. Maybe he's on his way but there's no sign of his actually arriving yet. Little baby steps are needed for him. He sees the madness and the absurdity but he can't somehow get to the cause. Hardly surprising that someone whose powers of deduction seem so limited that he thinks the Irish rather those who actually caused the problem, should solve it in order to protect our large trade deficit with the UK. Brexiteers said they 'wanted their country back' but I didn't think they wanted to bring it back to 1960 when Irish exports to the UK may well have exceeded the 65% of the whole which he claimed there. It must be great to just make up your own reality as you go along and a different one to suit every situation. Perhaps they could ,after all, magic up a frictionless techno border so.

Mickeymac

Lol- Brexiteer describes logical consequence of Brexit as 'madness' and 'absurd'. Oh dear. Maybe he's on his way but there's no sign of his actually arriving yet. Little baby steps are needed for him. He sees the madness and the absurdity but he can't somehow get to the cause. Hardly surprising that someone whose powers of deduction seem so limited that he thinks the Irish rather those who actually caused the problem, should solve it in order to protect our large trade deficit with the UK. Brexiteers said they 'wanted their country back' but I didn't think they wanted to bring it back to 1960 when Irish exports to the UK may well have exceeded the 65% of the whole which he claimed there. It must be great to just make up your own reality as you go along and a different one to suit every situation. Perhaps they could ,after all, magic up a frictionless techno border so.

Sounds to me, Jeffrey has given the ordinary folk in society the way to becoming a "knight of the realm':lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

runwiththewind

Get rid of the CTA and join Schegwen is the answer you were looking for.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies