Irish singer wearing the poppy on X-factor

SilverSpurs

Sad to see the Irish contestants wearing the emblem of war and colonialism this evening. If its an attempt to fit in and not antagonise possible voters its a very sad day, if ITV or X-factor insisted on it then that surely borders on discrimination.

TommyO'Brien

Sad to see the Irish contestants wearing the emblem of war and colonialism this evening. If its an attempt to fit in and not antagonise possible voters its a very sad day, if ITV or X-factor insisted on it then that surely borders on discrimination.
Why? It commemorates tens of thousands of Irish men who died too in World War I.

jimwin

Why? It commemorates tens of thousands of Irish men who died too in World War I.
couldn't agree more. It's a symbol of remembrance for the dead

mickdotcom

www.build a bridge and get over it .com

you sit there watching the likes of X Factor a programme made in the very nation

that you condemn with the "emblem of war and ..." bit;

Irony or ignorance at its best-

you remind me of that idiot outside Croke Park in the Celtic soccer jersey

carrying the sign saying - "no foreign games"

In reality if thats all you have to worry about

let me suggest that you go out- find the biggest woman you can find / afford

and get a shag.

Cael

Paddy will do anything for money.

ellie08

It's a symbol of the soldiers who lost their life during WWI. God love all of them who lost their lives.

Cael

The Poppy glorifies British genocide around the world, and helps to pay for the genocides of the present. Anyone who wears it is píssing on the graves of hundreds of millions of the victims of British murder and theft.

alonso

Ah the annual P.ie X-factor poppy thread. I saw a bit of it tonight and when Dermot O'Leary walked out (Son of Ireland, wears the green jersey) I thought to myself, which P.ie poster will start 2010's thread... congrats Silver Spurs, you win the title of most predictable thread of the week

Cael

It's a symbol of the soldiers who lost their life during WWI. God love all of them who lost their lives.
No its not. You should not believe that lie. It glorifies the actions of the British army in every sordid adventure the British empire was ever part of, and it helps to finance current British imperialist adventures.

jackryan

The Poppy glorifies British genocide around the world, and helps to pay for the genocides of the present. Anyone who wears it is píssing on the graves of hundreds of millions of the victims of British murder and theft.
And ure avatar never caused any death 2 symbols!!!

bprob

Pleasing to see the Irish contestants wearing the emblem of solemn remembrance this evening.
corrected that there for you

if ITV or X-factor insisted on it then that surely borders on discrimination.
your opinion expressed in the OP is discriminatory, not the wearing of the poppy.

just to upset you a bit more, here is willie walsh on the bbc website:

mickdotcom

How does it help to pay for this genoicide bit...

you sound like you know for certain

Casillas

*Rabble*, *rabble*, *rabble* how dare they die for something I don't believe in!

Cael

How does it help to pay for this genoicide bit...

you sound like you know for certain
By taking the financial pressure off the British MOD to provide proper care for ex British soldiers, you free up money for mass murder.

Cael

*Rabble*, *rabble*, *rabble* how dare they die for something I don't believe in!
And you believe in imperialist land grabs?

jackryan

By taking the financial pressure off the British MOD to provide proper care for ex British soldiers, you free up money for mass murder.
Hey have ure 2 symbols ever been responsible for deaths??

olamp

For God`s sake GET OVER YOURSELF . If that`s all you have to worry about your a lucky man.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies