Irish Times IPSOS-MRBI 2-3-2017 FF 29%, FG 28%, SF 21%, Labour 4%, Inds 18%.

Plebian

FF 29%, FG 28%, SF 21%, Labour 4%, Inds 18%

An opinion poll which seems to confirm a trend of voters opting more and more for the big three parties as Labour and the Ind-Others show a catastrophic drop off in just over a year since the GE.

Don't knows we're at 20% so there may be hope for the smaller parties and Inds that their lost support may just be uncertain as to who to support at the moment.

Dublin

23 FF
29 FG
17 SF
5 LAB
25 INDS

ROL

29 FF
26 FG
24 SF
3 LAB
18 INDS

Munster

29 FF
33 FG
20 SF
4 LAB
14 INDS

Conn/Ulster

39 FF
22 FG
25 SF
3 LAB
11 INDS
http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/irish-times-poll-little-to-separate-fine-gael-and-fianna-fáil-as-sinn-féin-support-climbs-1.2994336

jmcc

What would that work out to in seats?

statsman

FF 29%, FG 28%, SF 21%, Labour 4%, Inds 18%

An opinion poll which seems to confirm a trend of voters opting more and more for the big three parties as Labour and the Ind-Others show a catastrophic drop off in just over a year since the GE.

Don't knows we're at 20% so there may be hope for the smaller parties and Inds that their lost support may just be uncertain as to who to support at the moment.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/irish-times-poll-little-to-separate-fine-gael-and-fianna-fáil-as-sinn-féin-support-climbs-1.2994336
So, the two and a half party system lives on?

jmcc

No. The big three are within a narrow window with one of the parties, SF, being unwilling to enter government and the other two not wanting to go into government with the others. It is a Mexican Standoff.

flavirostris

Velly interestink....

Seems to be a consistent pattern that FF have picked up about 5% since the general election. I think this is mainly at Labour's expense.

With poll ratings like this, surely they need to either ditch Howlin or simply wind the party up. These are terminal poll ratings. They have around the same level of support as the Green Party.

A rare good poll for FG but Vlad would surely give them a bounce of 4-5%.

FF might be a little disappointed not to break 30% after their run of excellent polls.

SF will be heartened. They have not slipped back into the teens. I think they will be part of the next government.

Plebian

Apparently, except it's likely to be more of a 7/8, 3/4 and 5/8 party system than the old 2 1/2 party system.

The same but different..

HarshBuzz

Good riddance to the Indos. They should stick to county councils, where their parochial concerns are best addressed.

hollandia

Velly interestink....

Seems to be a consistent pattern that FF have picked up about 5% since the general election. I think this is mainly at Labour's expense.

With poll ratings like this, surely they need to either ditch Howlin or simply wind the party up. These are terminal poll ratings. They have around the same level of support as the Green Party.

A rare good poll for FG but Vlad would surely give them a bounce of 4-5%.

FF might be a little disappointed not to break 30% after their run of excellent polls.
They were down in last weeks poll. The previous two were likely outliers.

O

Oscurito

The Alphabets are fading.:shock:

OMG....need to get out and do some shouting and roaring about something.

Socratus O' Pericles

There was a song years ago that started with the line , "I am not in love, but I'm open to persuasion"......... that's SF, that is.

statsman

Again, ipsos skew toward the big three. You can knock 2 to 3% off ff, fg and SF. Seems like no change at all.
It really does. We haven't had such a sustained period of political stability for a while.

Even given the skew, I'd imagine that the 'don't knows' probably break along similar lines to the 'do knows', or they represent the 'won't votes'. So FF/FG neck-and-neck with SF in 3rd would be the result of an election held tomorrow.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies