Irish Times IPSOS-MRBI Poll 26-5-2017 FG 30+2 FF 27-2 SF 20-1 Lab 5+1 Others 17nc

Plebian

When people were asked who they would vote for in a general election, party support, when undecided voters were excluded, was: Fine Gael, 30 per cent (up two points compared with the result of the February poll); Fianna Fáil, 27 per cent (down two); Labour, 5 per cent (up one); Sinn Féin, 20 per cent (down one) and Independents/Others, 18 per cent (no change).

The core vote for the parties, before undecideds were excluded, compared with the last Irish Times poll in February, was: Fine Gael, 25 per cent (up four); Fianna Fáil, 22 per cent (down one); Labour, 4 per cent (up one); Sinn Féin, 17 per cent (down one); Independents/Others, 15 per cent (no change); and undecided voters, 17 per cent (down three).
https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/fine-gael-leads-fianna-f%C3%A1il-for-first-time-since-general-election-1.3097309?mode=amp

Its good news for FG who've been enjoying the limelight of the leadership contest. It's not too bad for the other parties as well, apart from for FF who have lost their top spot to FG

hollandia

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/fine-gael-leads-fianna-f%C3%A1il-for-first-time-since-general-election-1.3097309?mode=amp

Its good news for FG who've been enjoying the limelight of the leadership contest. It's not too bad for the other parties as well, apart from for FF who have lost their top spot to FG
I had a little chuckle to myself this morning listening to Jan O'Sullivan state that Labour are "ready" for a GE.

Edit: Just to add, before statsman does, nothing to see here.

PBP voter

No real change since the election if you factor in Sf are always overestimated.

hammer

SF IRA Solidarity PBP at 23%

Jaysus after 10 years of austerity and IW you would expect better than that :)

hollandia

Well that's something of a record. 6 posts (and twenty years after the ceasefires) before the inevitable SF/IRA. Depressing.

Definitely an election in the offing.

Nordie Northsider

The trade unions used to justify their bankrolling of the Labour Party by saying that it gave them the ear of an influential party with a track record of involvement in Government. It was always a weak argument, now it just looks deranged.

sport02

If Sinn Féin ever get their act together and put Mary Lou as leader and then having Leo leading Fine Gael we could see Fianna Fáil back in the low 20's.

hollandia

If Sinn Féin ever get their act together and put Mary Lou as leader and then having Leo leading Fine Gael we could see Fianna Fáil back in the low 20's.
Word is, and I've heard this from quite a few sources now, that Adams will be moving on this Autumn. I wouldn't rule out Pearse Doherty, either. He garners a bit more respect outside of SF than Mary Lou.

Nordie Northsider

Word is, and I've heard this from quite a few sources now, that Adams will be moving on this Autumn. I wouldn't rule out Pearse Doherty, either. He garners a bit more respect outside of SF than Mary Lou.
SF have to do a delicate North/South balancing act. No better candidate for that than a Donegal man.

sport02

Leo, Pearse, Brendan and Michael in the leaders' debates.
Two fresh faces and two stale ones.

Michael ain't going to have the easy ride next time out in the GE like he did last time. Although FF still have their mates in the media.

hollandia

SF have to do a delicate North/South balancing act. No better candidate for that than a Donegal man.
If it were me, I wouldn't consider that at all. I would be looking for someone who could attract the greatest number of votes possible. If they're popular with Southern SF, I can't think of a reason why they wouldn't be popular with Northern SF too, given the way the party is organised, I'd imagine there'd be a balance of nordies and staters on the ard comhairle.

hollandia

Leo, Pearse, Brendan and Michael in the leaders' debates.
Two fresh faces and two stale ones.

Michael ain't going to have the easy ride next time out in the GE like he did last time. Although FF still have their mates in the media.
Well, the flip side of that is "where are all the white women at?". Mary Lou would be a draw for de wimminz, by virtue of being one.

Catalpast

But he's not a woman!

Can't be having that now can we....

Catalpast

Mary Lou is the anointed 1

Pearse just wont cut it with Dublin/Pale voters

- and that's where Elections are won or lost

ticketyboo

Well that's something of a record. 6 posts (and twenty years after the ceasefires) before the inevitable SF/IRA. Depressing.

Definitely an election in the offing.
Funny...although he's always been a juvenile halfwit who talks abut his political allegience the way teenage pants wetters talk about Niall Horan, he never used to use that silliness....just take as an admission that when you've nothing of any substance to submit you resort to juvenile name calling.....

flavirostris

Sinn Fein are a gift to FF.

T

Toowoomba

Funny...although he's always been a juvenile halfwit who talks abut his political allegience the way teenage pants wetters talk about Niall Horan, he never used to use that silliness....just take as an admission that when you've nothing of any substance to submit you resort to juvenile name calling.....

Yerself and Pearse must be the only Mensa members in Donegal. :D

New Threads

Most Replies