• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Irish Times/TNS/MRBI poll tomorrow - FF and FG both on 24

Scribbler

Irish Times Poll

thejournal_ie
Irish Times IpsoS/MRBI #poll, satisfaction with party leaders: Brian Cowen, FF: 19 (+1), Enda Kenny, FG 25 (+1), Eamon Gilmore, Lab 49 (+3).

thejournal_ie
Irish Times Ipsos/MRBI opinion poll: FF 24 (+3). FG 24 (-3), Lab 33 (+4), Greens 2 (-2), SF 8 (-2), Others 9 (nc)

Last edited:

Grumpy Jack

Just tweeted by Journal.ie

thejournal_ie TheJournal.ie
Irish Times TNS/MRBI #poll, satisfaction with party leaders: Brian Cowen, FF: 19 (+1), Enda Kenny, FG 25 (+1), Eamon Gilmore, Lab 49 (+3).

TheJournal.ie
thejournal_ie TheJournal.ie
Irish Times TNS/MRBI opinion poll: FF 24 (+3). FG 24 (-3), Lab 33 (+4), Greens 2 (-2), SF 8 (-2), Others 9 (nc)

Enda is toast on figures like this.

True Republican

Kenny gone.
Judging by the way some of Kenny's detractors in FG reacted to the last poll in the Irish Times I wouldn't be suprised but will Bruton have the balls again or will someone stick the knife into Kenny (mot literally).

spidermom

FF and FG polling the same!!!...OPPS!!!...not good!

RahenyFG

is this poll genuine? I didn't see it in today's Times or it is to be released tomorrow?

deise21

Not good for FG but remember this is the poll which was dismissed the last time it was published as it read FF 21 FG 27 & LAB 29.. Poll came out later that week or the following week which read differently.

While there is no doubt that Labour support is rising, there is no way FG are at 24. IPSOS did the poll as opposed to TNS which is a company with a better poll accuracy record. IPSOS & Landsdown are not regular pollers like TNS & Redc.

spotty

THIS POLL IS RIGGED. Tommy O'Brien will be along any moment now. Enda will be Taoiseach. He will be. He will be.

breakingnews

Kenny is a liability! We've known this since 2002.

His performance in the Dail today was embarrassing.

FutureTaoiseach

Website
greatdearleader.blogspot.com
Kenny gone.
No because the people in that echo-chamber don't care about public opinion. Remember Nice I/Lisbon I. I still think the poll is over-estimating the Labour vote, because Labour underperformed the polls in 2009 by 6%. I would put them on 27%.

It also has to be seen though in the context of a friendly Dublin 4-media which refuses to ask Labour the tough questions about policy. Like the Clegg-bounce, the Gilmore-gale is built on foundations of quicksand, which will rapidly dissipate when faced with the rigours of a GE campaign.

Newsy

ICallely

I agree, shame, really, as he may have been a decent leader, there isn't any smell of arrogance about him, or corruption. Still, he did mess up the George Lee thing.

If there was a GE tomorrow I think the Lab vote would drop 5 and the FF would increase 5. People lie.

Future

The polls are very worrying for FG but how would the public react to another heave on Kenny?

It didn't go down too well, just seen as FG fighting amongst themselves.

While the polls seem to indicate Labour are doing well can anyone tell me what their policies are? Its all down to Gilmore's populist rhetoric.

grafter1

This cant be serious.

We must live in North Korea.

RTE focusing on Enda Kennys leadership of FG with the IMFs arrival about 2 months away. Incredible.

And Labour out way in front. Fantastic. Pay rises all round for public servants. They are the wealth creators after all.

hmmm

How long are the FG posters on this site going to tell us black is white? The electorate have no faith in EK and we know that he has no marvellous hidden talents no matter how many times we are told he has. We can't allow this country to fall into the hands of Labour and the unions, can FG not pull together a voting majority of patriots rather than gombeen men?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies