Irish Times

corelli

Nope. Seems fine.

former wesleyan

Nope. Must be the interstate connector.:lol:

S

SeamusNapoleon

I've cut back on going near that place, gloom gloom gloom.

Only the funnies for me nowadays.

mido

Surely you mean the south dublin post website_the local paper for the denizens of renelah -

nildesp

Surely you mean the south dublin post website_the local paper for the denizens of renelah -
It certainly has a Mickey Mouse quality to it today...

Front page prominence for an interview with 'top industrialist' Martin Naughton, elected by nobody, representing nobody, but happy to spout on about what he wants our government to do, i.e. cut wages, favour business, and pay the managerial classes not less, but more. All presented as if this is straight news.

This is the kind of nonsense that one would expect from the obedient press in some run-down country being driven into the ground by a desperate junta.... oh, wait.

MichaelMac

I always go through Newshound and use the options along the top of the paper and refresh. Always works.

jmcc

Yeah! Today's the day that they publish their "technology" section where they try to run Lifestyle guff as tech reportage. :)

Regards...jmcc

Expose the lot of them

Have had no problem, but just dipped in early this morning as I buy the print copy on Friday for the job ads or should I say Appointments.

disgruntledcitizen

Front page prominence for an interview with 'top industrialist' Martin Naughton, elected by nobody, representing nobody, but happy to spout on about what he wants our government to do, i.e. cut wages, favour business, and pay the managerial classes not less, but more. All presented as if this is straight news.

This is the kind of nonsense that one would expect from the obedient press in some run-down country being driven into the ground by a desperate junta.... oh, wait.
ah yes, highly successful businessman, large employer, payer of very large amounts of tax (one assumes) and citizen of the country whom express's his opinions in a media interview published by without a doubt the best newspaper in the country slammed by anonymous internet armchair warrior once more whom proposes nothing and exhibits that worst of irish tendencies, begrudgery ...:roll:

IRISH TIMES WAS A CHER LEADER FOR THE PROPERTY DEVELOPERS RAKING IN THE MONEY DURING BOOM AND NOW CRYING CROCODILE TEARS. Geraldine Kennedy and co should b a shamed

derm0t

ah yes, highly successful businessman, large employer, payer of very large amounts of tax (one assumes) and citizen of the country whom express's his opinions in a media interview published by without a doubt the best newspaper in the country slammed by anonymous internet armchair warrior once more whom proposes nothing and exhibits that worst of irish tendencies, begrudgery ...:roll:
When you get to secondary school they might, if you're lucky, teach you the difference between a HEADLINE and an OPINION, and why HEADLINES usually get placed on the FRONT PAGE, and OPINIONS on the INSIDE.

Oh, and also what an AD HOMINEM logical fallacy is. Good luck in the Leaving Cert.

nildesp

Usual status-quoer twaddle. When will Irish people be allowed to challenge untramelled wealth and power without some party hack trotting out the 'begrudgery' cliché.

I'm not objecting to his being successful or even to his having an opinion. What I am objecting to is its definition as news, and one of the top news stories of the day, worthy of Page One, no less, as the country falls apart. That has a definite tin pot feel to it.

Now, if he or one of his kind had said we must protect the poor, avoid exploitation in the labour market, make the rich pay for the mess they have made of the country, and build a society for everyone, and not just for the market ... then that would be news.

Nipper

Another financial genius who got involved in massive property deals with McNamara and Anglo Irosh Bank

He is speaking on behalf of the "Party" Lenny was talking about.

Popular Threads

Most Replies