Irish vitriol against the British: Documenting Thread

Volatire

Fintan O'Toole is peddling anglophobia in The Guardian (I know, Quelle Surprise). His target? Heroic Brexiteers attempting to implement the clear democratic will of the British people.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/nov/26/hard-won-kinship-between-britain-and-ireland-brexit-idiocy

I won't bore you with Fintan's mountainous verbiage. Let's just extract some of the words he uses.

"idiocy...stupidity..sheer incompetence ...reckless arrogance".

Is this how we speak to our friends? This thread is opened so you can post links, quotes and articles wherein the British are demonised for implementing their democratic will. It would be good to have a source thread to document such attacks so as to remember who our friends are, should we ever go crawling to the UK for support as we did after the financial crisis.

Please contribute such examples where you find them. I expect them to increase in ferocity over the coming weeks.

And if you cannot stay respectful, go fück yourself Fintan.

Spanner Island

Fintan O'Toole is peddling anglophobia in The Guardian (I know, Quelle Surprise). His target? Heroic Brexiteers attempting to implement the clear democratic will of the British people.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/nov/26/hard-won-kinship-between-britain-and-ireland-brexit-idiocy

I won't bore you with Fintan's mountainous verbiage. Let's just extract some of the words he uses.

Is this how we speak to our friends? This thread is opened so you can post links, quotes and articles wherein the British are demonised for implementing their democratic will. It would be good to have a source thread to document such attacks so as to remember who our friends are, should we ever go crawling to the UK for support as we did after the financial crisis.

Please contribute such examples where you find them. I expect them to increase in ferocity over the coming weeks.

Friends?

The Tories/Brexiteers are doing their damndest to dissolve as many 'friendships' as they can...

ShoutingIsLeadership

What question were the people asked? Were they asked if they wanted to leave the EU?

Were they asked if they wanted to leave the customs union/single market?

ruserious

Ah yes, I was waiting for this thread to appear. Typical donning of the hat paddywhackery "nothing to see here" "sure we're as bad to be sure to be sure".

Fr. Hank Tree

Could some mod please put this troll out of his misery.

Tribal

The Anglo-Irish cold war only ended with the GFA and lasted for most of a century.

Any similarities that presents the notion of friendly nations was only ever superficial.

Strawberry

"The moment the very name of Ireland is mentioned, the English seem to bid adieu to common feeling, common prudence, and common sense, and to act with the barbarity of tyrants, and the fatuity of idiots."

Sydney Smith

Spanner Island

Countries don't have friends. They have interests.

Some people are so naive or they can't comprehend that simple fact.

You are one of those people.
Yep... and the Brits are proving that without doubt via their Brexit shambles.

Fintan's article isn't particularly harsh imo... not considering how much of it is 100% bang on...

He could have been a lot harsher and justifiably so...

The OP'er should really grow a thicker skin...

hollandia

Horseshyte. Zoo.

statsman

Ah, a good old-fashioned game of childish petulance tennis. Whose serve?

Volatire

Countries don't have friends. They have interests.

Some people are so naive or they can't comprehend that simple fact.

You are one of those people.
Sorry, can you explain that again?

eoghanacht

Se0samh

Puppy see, puppy do...;)

fat finger

Look, how many times does it have to be said before people get this into their heads, our financial crisis was caused in good measure by THE UK CHANGING ITS BANKRUPTCY REGULATIONS around 2002, thanks Gordon Brown, thanks a bunch you reckless fécker, which led to a tide of easy money flowing into this country post 2002, virtually risk free investing if you knew the right people, the taxpayer will save your ass if it all goes tits up and worst case for you is a year with your feet up in Londo, not so bad really, so we did NOT go crawling to the UK after government here bailed out our banks, UK Chancellor of the Exchequer at the time George Osborne threw us a few bob as admission of the UK's culpability in this whole sordid affair, and nobody here should ever forget that NEVER

Who is John Galt?

Here's one for the pot:
God's curse on you England
You cruel hearted monster
Your deeds they would shame
All the devils in Hell
I wonder what school of international diplomacy that songwriter went to?

Quebecoise

You can slag off the British all you want, nobody is listening. As history and the Brexit debate has showed, while Britain has always been an important consideration in Ireland, nobody in Britain really thinks about Ireland.

Who is John Galt?

Look, how many times does it have to be said before people get this into their heads, our financial crisis was caused in good measure by THE UK CHANGING ITS BANKRUPTCY REGULATIONS around 2002, thanks Gordon Brown, thanks a bunch you reckless fécker, and the change played a large part in easy money flowing into this country post 2002, virtually risk free investing if you knew the right people, so we did not go crawling to the UK after government here bailed out our banks, UK Chancellor of the Exchequer at the time George Osborne threw us a few bob as admission of the UK's culpability in this whole sordid affair, and nobody here should ever forget that NEVER
Remind me again how the British forced us to take out undsustainable loans?

The_SR

Voltaire (sic) are you Irish? You seem outraged at the notion of the Irish state defending it's interests.

*EPIC SUCCESS*

No need, your own contributions have a strong soporific effect all of their own.

New Threads

Most Replies