• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Irishman Kidnapped by Al-Qaeda. We can no longer stand idly by.

ruserious

Being reported on RTÉ that an Irish oil worker has been kidnapped by Al-Qaeda in Algeria.
He is believed to have been taken along with 41 others and it is reported a British and French national died at the scene.

Irish oil worker kidnapped in Algeria - RTÉ News

The Indo is reporting a possible link between the kidnap and the French use of Algerian airspace in the efforts against the Mali terrorists.

Irish oil worker among dozens 'kidnapped by al Qaida' - National News - Independent.ie

Now that an Irish person has once again been taken hostage by these scum, is it time that our government join in the international effort to rid the earth of these people?

What should the response be?

Analyzer

We will send over Liam Eget to handle negotiations..

Clanrickard

A flotilla?
Those people will be shtum on this. We should volunteer the ARW for use against these savages. We should contribute weapons and boots where required as should all EU nations.

Howya

Historically, Ireland has let the US/Nato/UN be the world's policeman - can't see that changing.

does allowing Shannon to be used for rendition flights qualify as assisting the war on terrorism?

endajo

Not going to happen, no matter how much the adolescent keyboard cowboys on here bay for it. Boots? Yeehaw!

FFS.

james toney

Maybe the west can have a word with the good Al-Qaeda it supports,to tell the bad Al-Qaeda to release the hostages.

Aindriu

I fear that this poor fella is a dead man walking. Those scum won't care that he is Irish. He is a kuffa that is all that matters to them.

Liam Egan? That scrote is probably rejoicing at this news :mad:

pippakin

We will probably do what every other country probably does and pay the murderous savages.

We shouldn't and we may deny it, they all do, but I think we will pay. Anyway its the govts fault if there were enough jobs the poor devil would have been working here not there.

D

Dylan2010

Pay the ransom in pork disguised as beef (we are good at that), tell them later and watch them go mad. They'll never mess with the Irish again.

Astral Peaks

Well, are we all ready?

[video=youtube;8gh6KD4tE7E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gh6KD4tE7E[/video]

carruthers

I fear that this poor fella is a dead man walking. Those scum won't care that he is Irish. He is a kuffa that is all that matters to them.

Liam Egan? That scrote is probably rejoicing at this news :mad:
You're giving scrotes a bad name there. I truly pity the mans family and would hope the leading members of Irelands Islamic community appeal directly to his kidnappers for his safe return.

Astral Peaks

We will probably do what every other country probably does and pay the murderous savages.

We shouldn't and we may deny it, they all do, but I think we will pay. Anyway its the govts fault if there were enough jobs the poor devil would have been working here not there.
Really?

carruthers

It's the governments fault??? That is truly moronic.

Clanrickard

He is Irish, so, hopefully, that Passport will help (unlikely, I accept that is naive) though there is Shannon
Yeah AQ like Irish people. :rolleyes:

Kidnapped guy is a nordie, not up to us to pay.
Stupid post. He is an Irish passport holder so we need to do our damnedest to get him out.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies