Irishmilitaryonline

thebig C

Has the site been taken off the air?
Wow, I was actually going to post asking the same question as I know several contributors to the Defence Forum are posters on that site.

I haven't been able to acces it either but my browser is suggesting its because I am not a registered user. I used to be a poster there (briefly) but had a rather bizarre experience as was banned....due to what I think was mistaken identity!

Anywho, its still one of the handfull of sites I check every day.

Thanks for posting MacO'velli, I too would love to know what the story is:)

C

jmcc

Not sure. The site is pointing to the Vade.ie, an Irish web hoster's site. It is a temporary redirect (HTTP result code 302) rather than a permanent one so it could be any number of reasons.

Regards...jmcc

thebig C

Not sure. The site is pointing to the Vade.ie, an Irish web hoster's site. It is a temporary redirect (HTTP result code 302) rather than a permanent one so it could be any number of reasons.

Regards...jmcc
:) Thanks for that.

Heres hoping its back up and running soon. As an aside, are there any comparably good (to IMO) threads about the Irish Defence Forces on DefenceTalk of MilitaryPhotos etc?

Sorry to be lazy, but I always used IMO for Irish info and just looked at the other sites for international matters.

C

jmcc

Heres hoping its back up and running soon. As an aside, are there any comparably good (to IMO) threads about the Irish Defence Forces on DefenceTalk of MilitaryPhotos etc?
I've no idea but there should be a Defence/Military forum on Boards.ie that might be useful. They might even have more recent information on what is going on with the site.

Sorry to be lazy, but I always used IMO for Irish info and just looked at the other sites for international matters.
Just checking about 250K Irish websites and categorising them at the moment. There are 88 websites on the IP used by the site but the IP itself has not changed since last month. It might be a software upgrade or other issue.

Regards...jmcc

Last edited:

former wesleyan

C
Boards.ie and do a search for "military " There's x-over between some of the posters.

Cael

Has the site been taken off the air?
And hopfully the free state army will soon be disbanded by the forces of the 32 County Workers Republic.

thebig C

Thanks JMCC and Former Wesleyn:)

Cael, for god sake give it a rest. This is just a couple of posters asking about a website...could you get off the soapbox for one minute.

C

P.S: JMCC and Former Wesleyn, I was specifying sites like Militaryphotos because generally they are discussions between interested parties....I'd imagine Boards.ie contains alot of posters like our friend Cael:))

Podolski1.5

From what I've seen of it it seems to be a home to those within the military who want more guns, more killing power and a chance to see action. The wannabee army.

The Fusilier

From what I've seen of it it seems to be a home to those within the military who want more guns, more killing power and a chance to see action. The wannabee army.
Not looking very carefully, in that case.

Dohville

IMO has been taken over by the IMF and according to Boards.ie will now be hosted through a British Server.
This is the first step in further integration with NATO.

antares

IMO has been taken over by the IMF and according to Boards.ie will now be hosted through a British Server.
This is the first step in further integration with NATO.
I don't think that would be allowed under the triple lock system

mickdotcom

Thats an interesting view point

and its well known that the Dept for Defence takes their policies and

weapon buying advice from strangers on internet sites.

Its strange how you mock one of the only organisations in this state

that has consistently done right by the State and by the people of Ireland.

Its strange how you mock Soldiers yet quote James Connolly who

was one of our greatest Soldiers (and one of HM's Soldiers as well).

The Field Marshal

Thats an interesting view point

and its well known that the Dept for Defence takes their policies and

weapon buying advice from strangers on internet sites.

Its strange how you mock one of the only organisations in this state

that has consistently done right by the State and by the people of Ireland.

Its strange how you mock Soldiers yet quote James Connolly who

was one of our greatest Soldiers (and one of HM's Soldiers as well).
Whilst not condoning Podolskis post in fairness his post seems to refer to specific types of military personnel who post on a forum.[ie he refers to those within the military]
The types he describes exist in all armies unfortunately & usually only in tiny minorities
Its not clear that he is mocking all Irish soldiers as such.

former wesleyan

Boards.ie has a Walter Mitty sub-section on its Military Forum.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies