• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Is Assad dead?

Interista

This kind of reminds me of the 'rumours' a few months back that Saudi Prince Bandar had been assassinated, and which proved to be completely fabricated. The only websites that are carrying these 'reports' are rather obscure, and I very much doubt that Assad would have an Iranian bodyguard, however convenient that is for propagandists.

So I'd say take it with a cellar of salt. And even if it is true, you'd have to be nuts to think it would bring an end to the civil war in Syria.

Expatriot

This kind of reminds me of the 'rumours' a few months back that Saudi Prince Bandar had been assassinated, and which proved to be completely fabricated. The only websites that are carrying these 'reports' are rather obscure, and I very much doubt that Assad would have an Iranian bodyguard, however convenient that is for propagandists.

So I'd say take it with a cellar of salt. And even if it is true, you'd have to be nuts to think it would bring an end to the civil war in Syria.
Could be psy-ops before an assault.