Is balbriggan and jobstown an example of bad planning, a lack of garda action and proper integration?

raspberry tea

Is balbriggan and jobstown an example of bad planning, a lack of garda action and proper integration?

I notice some pie users make a much of a muchness about how the balbriggan attackers are African, those who are burning wheelie bins and kicking in doors that they are mainly black gangs, while that may be true, is it really a case that balbriggan and other disadvantaged areas, that all this criminality is a result of bad planning than an actual race issue?

When these towns were built, they neglected to build proper services, now I know Tallaght has a big hospital there now, but that was not always the case, Tallaght is a huge place now, and very diverse yes, im not here to glide over this issue either, but is the problem really the fact that this is result of bad planning, a lack of proper services and a lack of an integration policy coming from government level?

If we are afraid to tackle these offenders because they are children of migrants, then this is a form of racism, everyone must be treated equally , even when it comes to punishment.

Another problem is that the gardai have no powers to arrest anybody who are attacking members of these communities, if they are under 18 - the law clearly needs to catch up and change!

raspberry tea

Okay so here is what I think, if you put a large population in an area that is ''forgotten about'' and built a huge area with the sole purpose of extracting money, and give nothing back, you reap what you sow!

Hitchcock

I notice some pie users make a much of a muchness about how the balbriggan attackers are African, those who are burning wheelie bins and kicking in doors that they are mainly black gangs, while that may be true, is it really a case that balbriggan and other disadvantaged areas, that all this criminality is a result of bad planning than an actual race issue?

When these towns were built, they neglected to build proper services, now I know Tallaght has a big hospital there now, but that was not always the case, Tallaght is a huge place now, and very diverse yes, im not here to glide over this issue either, but is the problem really the fact that this is result of bad planning, a lack of proper services and a lack of an integration policy coming from government level?

If we are afraid to tackle these offenders because they are children of migrants, then this is a form of racism, everyone must be treated equally , even when it comes to punishment.

Another problem is that the gardai have no powers to arrest anybody who are attacking members of these communities, if they are under 18 - the law clearly needs to catch up and change!
I notice some pie users make a much of a muchness about how the balbriggan attackers are African, those who are burning wheelie bins and kicking in doors that they are mainly black gangs
Which is false.

Tallaght and Balbriggan are products of different eras but many of the same issues pertain including local employment, public transport facilities (better in Balbriggan due to the Train), education and social facilities. Problems inevitably emerge when population grows quickly and there is a lag in the provision of facilities.

The irony of your post and the nonsense of the bigots on the other thread is that palces like Jobstown and Cherry Orchard had huge social problems long before there was any migration now Balbriggan has social problems that may include some young irish people born to non Irish parenets and suddenly it's a migration problem - go figure!! :roll:

Who said anyone is afraid? Secondly are you accepting at face value that the alleged offenders are 'children of migranrs'?

People under 18 cannot be arrested? :shock:

Hitchcock

Okay so here is what I think, if you put a large population in an area that is ''forgotten about'' and built a huge area with the sole purpose of extracting money, and give nothing back, you reap what you sow!
What do you actually know about Balbriggan?

raspberry tea

The irony of your post and the nonsense of the bigots on the other thread is that palces like Jobstown and Cherry Orchard had huge social problems long before there was any migration now Balbriggan has social problems that may include some young irish people born to non Irish parenets and suddenly it's a migration problem - go figure!!
I never said it was a ''migrant problem'' I stated that if the gardai are afraid to tackle them because SOME OF THEM are the children of migrants , well that is a form of racism in itself, learn to read and discern what I said. I am well aware that this is not a ''race issue'' that this is more of an infrastructural problem where scant services are provided to these forgotten communities, that were built in haste and on a shoestring budget.

I'm well aware that ''Irish'' children are also taking part in this, however I cannot ignore reports that are coming out that there is a lot of diversity in that area, and it may very well be a problem that these children are not being integrated properly, all angles have to be looked at, and not aggressively ignored for fear of racism!

Who said anyone is afraid?
- So you are ignoring that there are people that are afraid?

Hitchcock

I never said it was a ''migrant problem'' I stated that if the gardai are afraid to tackle them because SOME OF THEM are the children of migrants , well that is a form of racism in itself, learn to read and discern what I said. I am well aware that this is not a ''race issue'' that this is more of an infrastructural problem where scant services are provided to these forgotten communities, that were built in haste and on a shoestring budget.

I'm well aware that ''Irish'' children are also taking part in this, however I cannot ignore reports that are coming out that there is a lot of diversity in that area, and it may very well be a problem that these children are not being integrated properly, all angles have to be looked at, and not aggressively ignored for fear of racism!

I never said it was a ''migrant problem''
I didn't say you did, I was referencing the debate on the other thread. You did highlight migrants more than any other issue though.

I stated that if the gardai are afraid to tackle them because SOME OF THEM are the children of migrants
Is there any actual evidence to supprt that contention?

learn to read and discern what I said.
I can read and I replied to what you said.

I am well aware that this is not a ''race issue'' that this is more of an infrastructural problem where scant services are provided to these forgotten communities, that were built in haste and on a shoestring budget.
How many times did you reference 'white' children or children born to irish parents?

There is huge diversity in Balbriggan and it's a very good thing for anyone who knows the town. Balbriggan is also a little econmically deprived in parts with low levels of local employment opportunites. There was rapid population and housing growth over a short period of time with a time lag in providing facilities which inevitably leads to problems on the gorund. However anti social behaviour is something that is engaged in by many young people yet you are highlighting the issues relating to children of non Irish parents. What evidecne is there that alleged behaviour is being ignored for 'fear of racism'?

Hitchcock

It's quite easy to understand,

Send in hundreds of people who share no cultural similarities as you, no jobs, low education into an already deprived area then they will do what they have done in all other countries around the world.

The question is, how bad will it have to get before the government and liberal idiots cop on and realise what they have done?

My guess never.

[video=youtube;VrtSIEajOyU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=9&v=VrtSIEajOyU[/video]
Stick to the topic you clown and leave your agenda elsewhere.

The_SR

Utter drivel. Of course the Gardai have power to arrest under 18's, hence the protest at the station.

We have one group of kids in Balbriggan hanging around doing the usual who for some reason went from naught to nuclear in attacking a family. Everyone knows who they are, the Gardai are (belatedly) dealing with it. Anecdotally I hear some of their mammies are very strict and traditional and now they have become aware of their kids behaviour have dealt with it themselves.

Kicking in doors is nonsense. Never happened.

Thankfully in the real world their ethnicity is irrelevant.

Hitchcock

The_SR

12 - 15 year olds hanging round the chipper being a nuisance sounds very integrated to me....

It is unambiguously not an integration issue. It's the usual nothing else for them to do since they closed the youth centre to save money issue.

The_SR

eh? That's a newspaper saying that not Political Irish you clown.
It's a bit tedious though. Gangs of kids up and down the land causing havoc but a hand with kids of African descent gets you hot and bothered. You have a racist forum in political Irish that you can spew this bile with your far right chums. Spare us please.

Hitchcock

eh? That's a newspaper saying that not Political Irish you clown.
I'm aware of where you got the unattributed quote and I'm also aware there is more to the article but you highlighted one line because it suits your particular bigoted narrative. I'm also aware that you don't know the first thing about Balbriggan. So go back to Politicalirish and you can enage in your typical bigoted nonsense over there.

raspberry tea

Utter drivel. Of course the Gardai have power to arrest under 18's, hence the protest at the station.

We have one group of kids in Balbriggan hanging around doing the usual who for some reason went from naught to nuclear in attacking a family. Everyone knows who they are, the Gardai are (belatedly) dealing with it. Anecdotally I hear some of their mammies are very strict and traditional and now they have become aware of their kids behaviour have dealt with it themselves.

Kicking in doors is nonsense. Never happened.

Thankfully in the real world their ethnicity is irrelevant.
I'm not talking ethnicity I'm talking people with varying different cultures, all side by side, with no jobs, scant facilities for them or their children, and this is not relevant??What planet are you on?Planet denial?

According to the Dublin Gazette and the Herald there was kicking in of doors ,and attacking the inhabitants of the house, and burning of rubbish bins, this is a clear anti-social problem, possibly as a result of a culmination of issues such as lack of integration of those who have different cultures, and the lack of services provided for an ever growing town with a young demographic, that has been deprived for years.

flavirostris

Balbriggan was never a problem area. It was a market town in North County Dublin. If there are issues there, it's a recent phenomenum.

raspberry tea

Go back to politicalIrish with the rest of the filth you share this sh!te with.
I see you are on your high moral horse again, mind nobody decides to knock you off it, you could do with that treatment, I actually know you[and cookiemonster] I know your many sock accounts on here, want me to name them all out, you are the biggest resident pie loser here, go and get a job you fat ar*se!

The_SR

I'm not talking ethnicity I'm talking people with varying different cultures, all side by side, with no jobs, scant facilities for them or their children, and this is not relevant??What planet are you on?Planet denial?

According to the Dublin Gazette and the Herald there was kicking in of doors ,and attacking the inhabitants of the house, and burning of rubbish bins, this is a clear anti-social problem, possibly as a result of a culmination of issues such as lack of integration of those who have different cultures, and the lack of services provided for an ever growing town with a young demographic, that has been deprived for years.
The kicking in doors and attacking people line is inspired nonsense.

The point is these kids are behaving exactly like ethnically Irish kids. How this is lack of integration is anyone's guess. Lose the race line and you are onto something.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies