Is Bertie a meglomaniac?

Pat Mc Larnon

The benchmark for madness was set by John Bruton with his manic grinning when welcoming the Tampon Prince to Dublin in 1995. Though there are a few candidates here.

truthisfree

The benchmark for madness was set by John Bruton with his manic grinning when welcoming the Tampon Prince to Dublin in 1995. Though there are a few candidates here.
"And when Charlie Haughey said making condoms available on prescription to married couples was "an Irish solution to an Irish problem", it prompted a French diplomat to observe that Ireland was the only country in the world to regard sex as a problem."

:lol:

The OD

No, just a nauseating gobsheen of the highest order.

Cogadh

bertie is great, really.

Arrrogant. Bullyboy. Snob. Back-stabbing. Nasty. Lying. Thieving. Really, a typical FF politician.

Eamonn76

Bertie is more truthful and more honest than Minister for Fibbing, with special responsibility for misleading, Brian Lenihan. Lenihan is just posher and slicker.

katy brock

Bertie is more truthful and more honest than Minister for Fibbing, with special responsibility for misleading, Brian Lenihan. Lenihan is just posher and slicker.
Yes. Lenihan is living proof that you actually can polish a turd.

flavirostris

I was watching that youtube clip earlier ( the one where he gets booed after leaving the Mahon Tribunal ) and I was struck by something I hadn't noticed before. After the jeers, Ahern stands with his arms over the door of the Merc mugging at the camera crews for a good minute.
If this isn't self delusion I don't know what is. The guy has just walked out of a tribunal which is investigating him for corrupt payments and he's there posing as if he was doing an OK magazine shoot. Even Haughey would never have displayed such brass-bollocked effrontery.

I've never bought the comparisons with Haughey anyway. Liam Lawlor was the template (and was considered a hero by that type of FFer, including Ahern, in his attempts to mislead and frustrate the people appointed to find out the truth on our behalves). Lawlor was appointed head of the Dáil Ethics Committee by Ahern for very good reason..

flavirostris

CJ had the good sense to slink off to Abbeville after his disgrace. He never showed his face in public again. But Ahern craves the limelight more than ever, his appetite for whoring himself around the place seems to be undiminished.
I've seen other posters using the term "sociopathic tendencies" to describe this and I'm starting to think it might be the case.

CJ had the good sense to slink off to Abbeville after his disgrace. He never showed his face in public again. But Ahern craves the limelight more than ever, his appetite for whoring himself around the place seems to be undiminished.
I've seen other posters using the term "sociopathic tendencies" to describe this and I'm starting to think it might be the case.

Indeed, just like Lawlor was. There are lying brass necks and then there are just sheer cases of psychopathy. Haughey and Burke were in the former group, Lawlor and Ahern in the latter...

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies