Is checktheregister.ie working for you?

Inishowen

Is the new website www.checktheregister.ie working for you? I have tried my own details and those of a few family members and neighbours and none of us are on the register according to this site.

Anyone else having the same problem?

Rapisco

Inishowen said:
Is the new website www.checktheregister.ie working for you? I have tried my own details and those of a few family members and neighbours and none of us are on the register according to this site.

Anyone else having the same problem?
Ditto!

I cant find myself either..... anywhere.

The OD

Apparently I am eligble to vote in two different areas????

I have been eligable to vote in Lucan for years but my old address is still showing up as is the old polling station I used to vote at?

Bit of a mess really.

supamolli

Works for me but not the person I live with.
Checked with the Electors office and they have the updated electoral form I sent last month with both of us on it but this hasn't been correlated with the website by the looks of things.

EvotingMachine0197

The OD said:

I have been eligable to vote in Lucan for years but my old address is still showing up as is the old polling station I used to vote at?

Bit of a mess really.
The OD The OD :shock:

krayZpaving

Website
www.keith.gs
They're having problems getting the new draft registers uploaded to it. The version it's working off (for Dublin City Council anyway) is the 2006/2007 register.
They've told me that they'll have it sorted by the end of the week.

The OD

EvotingMachine0197 said:
The OD said:

Bit of a mess really.
The OD The OD :shock:
No, its *** ***** and *** *****.....silly!

FutureTaoiseach

Website
greatdearleader.blogspot.com
I found a link on COG's website for checking the register in Wexford and I appear to be on it. Good.

PinkoLeftie

I can find my name.. but only if I type in my full name.
Also the townland on the address was a name I wouldn't usually use.

Eddiepops

Worked for me the first time, then I checked my family and found none, so checked myself again and it didn't work. Quite bizarre

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
Thats supposed to reflect the new register is it not ?

I'm on it in South Tipp, but I can safely say, that despite what was said about people visiting every house a lá the census, my house was not visited once by anyone, nor did I receive any correspondence from the STCC regarding my registration. I'd seriously question the validity of the current register

angelcountry

Its absolutely diabolical by that virtue and i believed that some
Government official are going on the offensive to chop off people
Fingers to vote for their candidate in an election. :roll: :lol:

FutureTaoiseach

Website
You can also find out if a double-registration of you under your old address has been removed by typing in your name and the first word in your old address. This was a problem in 2004 when dad told me my polling card had been sent to my old address whereas I was also sent one at my new one. Being of good character, I naturally only voted once, but nonetheless I am pleased to report that from checking it seems my old details are gone in favour of my new address. Maybe the electoral-register is being fixed after all. Am sure the Opposition are devastated they can't make hay out of this no more. :)

KingKane

Website
www.danielsullivan.ie
Twitter
kingkane
I checked Kerry and Dublin and it shows me folks ok for Kerry in the current and draft but only me for the current one in Dublin, how can I tell if they've knocked me off or just haven't uploaded it yet?

That said, I will give credit to them for at least trying to get around to having a national standard means of checking.

MikeW

3 Seperate votes in Wex Waterford and Dublin for me. Odd thing is I don't recall ever registering the Dublin one......

And far be it from me to disagree with Wex CoCo, but no idea how they formulate the addresses. The town I'm associated with is some 20 miles away.

Coles

I'm registered twice too... vote early and often? Does anyone have any info on who's responsibility it is to remove the incorrect registration, and how should it be done? The RFA1 form is as clear as mud.

FutureTaoiseach

Website
Just to clarify something here: If and old address comes up then click "submit" to find out if its still on the register in your name. I may not have been sufficiently clear earlier.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies