Is development-aid even detrimental to poor countries?

jcdf

Economic growth is not separate from population growth. The extra people seem to be able to feed themselves.
If economic growth is not greater than the population growth then the populace will not notice any significant increase in their living standards. Economic growth is not separate from population growth but neither are they directly related.

A person being able to feed themselves is not enough to bring about progress and development. Extra resources are required to train the skills necessary for a person to advance up the socio-economic ladder. Without this Africa will not develop any industry.

Much of Africa's current current economic growth is due to resource extraction. Foreigners coming in setting up equipment and mining and sending those resources back to their home countries and paying off corrupt local officials to look the other way. Few of those resources make their way to African industry.

jcdf

Other species do not engage in invention and cannot understand their ecosystem and bring systematic changes to that system to benefit themselves. They are also incapable of storing and utilizing mechanical energy.

When OIL is 200 dollars/Barral and the Oceans are dead, what will Japan and others do? Stop eating fish for one thing. They will have to embrace our diet of land meat, Chicken, Beef and lamb etc.

Not that I would miss fish all that much. I do not really like it, occasionally I eat salmon though. I find fish meat is too sparse and uncompressed for my liking.

jcdf

The End of the Line :: Home Page
YouTube - The End of the Line Trailer
Japan (and other countries) are outstripping the carrying capacity of the
oceans to provide them with wild fish stocks.
The dramatic music, flashing images and writing slowly moving towards me is really impressive. Phrases like "Journey of Discovery", "more shocking than they ever imagined" and a clever name like "The End Of The Line" I am convinced that this is the truth without a doubt! ;)

jcdf

So Éireann go Brách you think that the best video ever was the attack on Pat Kenny?

You do not like Pat Kenny.

Lets all go to the market, lets all go to the market, lets all go to the market and "Pontificate". :)

havesomeimagination

all colonial powers should have to pay back the full cost of colonisation, stop screwing poor countries on trade & all foreign companies should be expropriated or made pay huge royalties

jcdf

all colonial powers should have to pay back the full cost of colonisation, stop screwing poor countries on trade & all foreign companies should be expropriated or made pay huge royalties
Your username is entirely inappropriate. Replaying the usual leftwing call to prayer.

jcdf

Why can't companies pay a decent wage in Africa?
Companies will always pay as little as they can unless the employee possesses a truly singularly unique skill that no one else posses. The other thing is that the massive increase in the global workforce size will in the long run have the effect of driving down wages further.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies