Is Donald Trump showing signs of early-stage senility?

O

Oscurito

I know what people are going to say: this is just another cheap, political shot at "The Donald". However, this has been a slow-burner on blogs and social media over the last few months and the evidence is pretty bloody startling.

For starters, his father Fred died with Alzheimer's Disease. And it's been established that those who have a parent with Alzheimer’s are more likely to develop the disease.

Donald Trump gets dates and days wrong - far too often for it to be considered normal. There are examples here, here, here, here, and here. It's not just about confusing dates in the near future; he shows a lack of ability to know what day or date TODAY is - never mind important dates in the past.

Another test that clinicians use to see how compos mentis someone is is knowledge of their surroundings. He's inclined to get that wrong as can be seen here, here and here. People will argue that it's hard to keep track when one is travelling so much. Well, I'm sorry but that is the life of the Commander-in-Chief and we can't have the US President turning up in Dhaka and thinking he's in Delhi.

He doesn't just forget places and dates. He also forgets members of his own family - like his wife and daughter! Here is another example of him confusing family members in public. Bearing all this in mind, it's not unreasonable to wonder if a much discussed inappropriate embrace of his daughter Ivanka at the Republican National Convention was because he thought the person he was greeting was his wife, Melania.

Another question used by medical professionals to identify senility/dementia is ability to name the head of state. So, when Trump confuses Ben Carson with Barack Obama, it doesn't exactly do much for one's confidence in his cognitive abilities.

The real clincher for me is the paranoia. This is a well-noted feature of senility and dementia and Trump shows it in spades. He lost in Iowa so the vote was rigged. Same in Colorado. He blamed "politics" when his show, The Apprentice didn't win any Emmys. If he's down in the polls, the polls are rigged and, of course, as far as he is concerned, the media are completely against him.

It actually goes beyond mere paranoia. Anything that discommodes Trump in any way isn't just an annoyance: it's caused someone else, some enemy.

Violence at his rallies? It's the fault of Obama and Clinton. Seriously

Women accusing him of sexual impropriety? That's the Democrats again.

Why did he perform so badly in the first debate? His microphone had been tampered with.

Why did he perform so badly in the third debate last night? Because Hillary Clinton had somehow been given the questions in advance.

He's accused Jeb Bush, Ted Cruz and John Kasich of plotting against him. The FBI, the State Department and the Department of Justice are all in on it too, secretly working to undermine The Donald. The list goes on and on. In any other election, any one of these outbursts would have been a defining moment in the entire campaign. Now, in 2016, it happens so often with the orange-haired one that no-one even notices any more.

There was a time when I thought that this was just Trump playing to the more idiotic of his supporters but, as time goes by, it's become clear that he genuinely believes all this. Passionately. That's what paranoia is, folks, and allied with the other signs above shows strong evidence of senility.

People with senility need particular sorts of care and protection. It depends on each individual but each case needs to be handled with great care and sensitivity since it tends to be progressive. A person with senility should NOT be taking on more responsibility.

As for becoming the most powerful person in the world? No, just no.

Last edited:

Dame_Enda

[video=youtube_share;n_8AO5MDBEw]http://youtu.be/n_8AO5MDBEw[/video]

O

Oscurito

[video=youtube_share;n_8AO5MDBEw]http://youtu.be/n_8AO5MDBEw[/video]
So start a different thread about it.

it doesn't matter what Clinton's condition is. It doesn't detract from Trump's growing senility. :roll:

The Field Marshal

The USA political establishment has crocked itself anyway.
Fitting therefore that two crocks should be running for office.

Does,nt really matter who wins.

wombat

I think he's just nuts. I don't envy the Yanks their choice, him or Clinton. One, you can't believe because they lie, the other you can't believe because you don't know if they're imagining things.

Truth.ie

There are scores of people on t'interweb making the same allegations about the rigged debate.
We also had a frank admission from Clintons team that they DID start the violence at Trump rallies.
Denying allegations of sexual assaults is par for the course and any innocent man would do the same.

Do you have any real examples of this "senility"?

O

Oscurito

Clinton is the one who keeps saying 'I can't recall', not Trump.
That's another symptom. People with dementia don't know they're not recalling stuff. They subconsciously replace the lost memory with a fake one.

If what you say about HRC is correct, it shows she doesn't have dementia.

O

Oscurito

There are scores of people on t'interweb making the same allegations about the rigged debate.
We also had a frank admission from Clintons team that they DID start the violence at Trump rallies.
Denying allegations of sexual assaults is par for the course and any innocent man would do the same.

Do you have any real examples of this "senility"?
Do you have any real facts backed up with real links?

sic transit

Inattention to detail and it's hard to have any recall of things you're making up at the time!

derryman

I know what people are going to say: this is just another cheap, political shot at "The Donald". However, this has been a slow-burner on blogs and social media over the last few months and the evidence is pretty bloody startling.

He gets dates and days wrong - far too often for it to be considered normal. There are examples here, here, here, here, and here. It's not just about confusing dates in the near future; he shows a lack of ability to know what day or date TODAY is - never mind important dates in the past.

Another test that clinicians use to see how compos mentis someone is is knowledge of their surroundings. He's inclined to get that wrong as can be seen here, here and here. People will argue that it's hard to keep track when one is travelling so much. Well, I'm sorry but that is the life of the Commander-in-Chief and we can't have the US President turning up in Dhaka and thinking he's in Delhi.

He doesn't just forget places and dates. He also forgets members of his own family - like his wife and daughter! Here is another example of him confusing family members in public. Bearing all this in mind, it's not unreasonable to wonder if a much discussed inappropriate embrace of his daughter Ivanka at the Republican National Convention was because he thought the person he was greeting was his wife, Melania.

Another question used by medical professionals to identify senility/dementia is ability to name the head of state. So, when Trump confuses Ben Carson with Barack Obama, it doesn't exactly do much for one's confidence in his cognitive abilities.

The real clincher for me is the paranoia. This is a well-noted feature of senility and dementia and Trump shows it in spades. He lost in Iowa so the vote was rigged. Same in Colorado. He blamed "politics" when his show, The Apprentice didn't win any Emmys. If he's down in the polls, the polls are rigged and, of course, as far as he is concerned, the media are completely against him.

It actually goes beyond mere paranoia. Anything that discommodes Trump in any way isn't just an annoyance: it's caused someone else, some enemy.

Why did he perform so badly in the first debate? His microphone had been tampered with.

Why did he perform so badly in the third debate last night? Because Hillary Clinton had somehow been given the questions in advance.

He's accused Jeb Bush, Ted Cruz and John Kasich of plotting against him. The FBI, the State Department and the Department of Justice are all in on it too, secretly working to undermine The Donald. The list goes on and on. In any other election, any one of these outbursts would have been a defining moment in the entire campaign. Now, in 2016, it happens so often with the orange-haired one that no-one even notices any more.

There was a time when I thought that this was just Trump playing to the more idiotic of his supporters but, as time goes by, it's become clear that he genuinely believes all this. Passionately. That's what paranoia is, folks, and allied with the other signs above shows strong evidence of senility.

People with senility need particular sorts of care and protection. It depends on each individual but each case needs to be handled with great care and sensitivity since it tends to be progressive. A person with senility should NOT be taking on more responsibility.

I am no supporter of Trump but if that embrace with his daughter is innapropriate I am afraid I can't see it.

OrderoftheDragon

That this pair is the best that the Democratic/Republican parties can give the American people is truly truly shocking !.

Dame_Enda

This is classic LBJ tactics such as used against Goldwater in 1964.

Truth.ie

Do you have any real facts backed up with real links?
I just gave you facts.

Trump said protesters were being paid to disrupt his rallies.
Everybody said he was a loon, then we had the admission on video from Team Clinton.

He also says the Establishment and media is out to get him.
Again, patently obvious.
The media have acted as election agents for Hillary Clinton for the last few weeks.

midlander12

I don't know if it's dementia or just a narcissistic form of personality disorder, which would actually be worse. I watched the third debate, which he supposedly 'won' (I shudder to think what he was like in the first two). He rarely completed an actual sentence and appeared to have only the haziest grasp of reality ('we had Mosul and then gave it away when Obama and Clinton created ISIS etc'). I cannot understand how any sane person, right or left, could see his victory as in any sense a positive event. It is perhaps not coincidental that some of the Trump fans on this site are the same ones who think Corbyn is the best thing since sliced bread and about to lead Labour to victory in defiance of every opinion poll, which are undoubtedly as rigged as the US electoral process!

O

Oscurito

I just gave you facts.

Trump said protesters were being paid to disrupt his rallies.
Everybody said he was a loon, then we had the admission on video from Team Clinton.

He also says the Establishment and media is out to get him.
Again, patently obvious.
The media have acted as election agents for Hillary Clinton for the last few weeks.
I give you a very well researched OP with facts and tons of links.

You just type stuff and click on the Post button.

Voici la difference.

owedtojoy

He gets dates and days wrong - far too often for it to be considered normal. There are examples here, here, here, here, and here. It's not just about confusing dates in the near future; he shows a lack of ability to know what day or date TODAY is - never mind important dates in the past.

Certainly, Trump's erratic behaviour, contradictory statements, bad temper and obvious confusion are consistent with dementia.

But they are also consistent with him being a grumpy old fart with things getting too much for him.

We will never know until we see a full set of medical records.

New Threads

Most Replies