• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Is Eamonn Ryan the most deluded Irish politician ever?

Paddy{ie

The thread title refers to a newspaper article in which Eamon Ryan discusses the interaction between the Permanent Government and the elected Ministers.
The title is a question put out by DD for discussion.

Disillusioned democrat is a respected poster who has contributed a lot to the site over the years. We disagree on some topics, and we agree on other topics.
So? You agree with me on some too (in case you've forgotten) and disagree.

Most importantly, we debate the issues. We debate the policy. We debate the options.
So - you debated with me on the Varadkar thread. issues, policy and options. Is the difference in attitude here (your incessant name calling and insults) because I'm outing the Green Party, and the truth is hitting home?

Even Dresden8 is able to put across a reasonable argument, even if her language is flowery, and even if I normally take a different perspective.
Good for you and her

You should pay attention to how these contributors construct logical arguments.
As distinct from you then?

I don't recall you doing that. Can you quote it again please.
Funny how you can have memory lapses. You had a pretty good one on the Varadkar thread denying that I'd told you my voting preferences. You were called out there too.
I wrote that I'd given my opinion on the deluded part of this thread title. But then again you knew that, but tried the diversion.

My recollection is that you resurrected a thread that had been dormant since 2015 and immediately launched into a nonsensical diatribe wherein you began by quoting my answer to a question from OceanTroll (post 311), and then later on you accused me of not answering questions (post 315)

In posts 320, 322, 324, 329, 339, 344, 350, 351, 354, 361 and 369, you again accused me of not answering the question, even though you had quoted my answer in your first contribution to the thread, post 311.
Funny that. You haven't answered. I still await your answers. And your answers aren't in contained in a post that's years old.

(There was also that diversion around post 343 whenever you also got stuck into HBAP because he hadn't answered questions on another thread - even though he clearly had, and you accused Myers Mimnagh of the same crime in post 350, even though he regularly schools your sorry ass for that nonsense).
If you read through that, HBAB re-hashed what he meant to say later in that thread - you should read a little further sometimes before referring to something that actually makes you look foolish.
Now that you're putting yourself on the same level as Myers Mimnagh in the 'handing ass' competition, that confirms the level you're at. (He still hasn't listed one success that Varadkar has had since becoming Taoiseach by the way)

Grade A trolling there.
Atta boy.
Show us how it's done.
I must be learning from you - the master.

OceanTroll has a long standing beef with the Green Party and is very bitter. His comments should be taken with a pinch of salt.

But seeing as you brought it up.
OceanTroll fairly well put you in your place on that one - telling you that you don't know who he/she is.

Meanwhile, in the real world;

The original website was never deleted. It still exists on the back ups of the server it was hosted on in Norway.
If it's not on the web, you can hardly refer to it as a Website now can you.

In 2012 (and again in 2018) the Green Party built completely new websites.

The new sites are interactive brochure sites.

The committee(s) who commissioned the websites obviously felt that this was the way to best utilise the medium of a website.
How do you know that?

OceanTroll and Sir Charles may indeed have a different opinion.
But they're incorrect - right? On your say-so?

But they are former members. They chose to leave. Their opinion of the decisions of the current members with regard to the website is of no consequence.
Again, OceanTroll put you in your place about that -telling you that you don't know who he/she is.

My answers, particularly the one you quoted in your first contribution, are indeed revealing. JMCC's posts 142, 143 and 145 (among others) are also very revealing.
Post 142 + 143 says moving from one CMS to another can be tricky. Did I say otherwise? His post 145 - you can direct that more to yourself. So you've quoted JMCC's comments as some type of back up to your posts. is that it?[/QUOTE]

You posted two links to the Wayback Machine. You did not post any summary of the content, or set out whatever it is about the content of those archives that you have a quibble with.
Ah, here we have it. I provided two links as examples of the deletion of historic information, and you are here still basically telling us that you haven't the ability to click the links and see the differences. That's called running away under the guise of an excuse. Are you telling me then that there are no differences in both - that there are no deletions of historic information? Are you saying that. A yes or no will suffice.

You fail to set out your argument, and that makes me a clown?
The argument is, as mentioned previously, that the Green Party, while in Government with FF, stood by and allowed the financial situation to further deteriorate, and the excuse for leaving was that FF couldn't get their leadership matters finalized - nothing to do with what you rant about here and on the Howlin thread, which was the financial situation. Further to that then, after being decimated in the following election, the Green Party sought to re-invent themselves and dumped from its live website the immediate previous history of their term in Government, as well as references to former members

Seriously like?
Oh yes.

As I have pointed out before, the content of the website would have been decided by whichever Green Party members worked on commissioning the website. If you have a problem with the choices they made, please take it up with them. Whining about it on P.ie doesn't do anything to fix this problem you believe is of such importance.
So? It doesn't get away from the fact that it was done (dumping the history). It's not me that has the problem with it - it's the Green Party that has, as it is it that is hiding, hoping that no-one will remember.

Was Eamon Ryan on the committee that developed the content for the website?
I didn't know that.
What an infantile remark. Are you suggesting that the Leader of the Party had no input?

That's called projection.

It's why people laugh at you.
2011 was called Rejection - that's why people are laughing at the Green Party.

OceanFrog

Not that it matters, but my name here is OceanFROG as opposed to OceanTROLL. This may be because I'm green (see what I did there?) and more prone to hopping around the place than living under a bridge.

And, speaking of living under a bridge (or should that be living in the real world) its hilarious to see my old friend SPiN claiming that the original Green Party website is still a "website" even though it supposedly exists on some server in Norway, or something.

Wayback machine is your friend Home - Green Party / Comhaontas Glas . It's both interesting and sad to have a look at the old Green Party website from 11 July 2007. How bright eyed, idealistic and fresh faced they all were!!!

I would still defy anyone to find any of the original Green Party policies or any mention of the years in Government 2007-11 on the current website. And just for the record, I know for a fact that Eamo had direct input into the decision which whitewashed the current GP website, removing all content referring to the glory years 2007-11. To claim that he was not involved in this or was unaware of the decision would seem to be a nonsense that only an idiot would believe. But thats SpiN I suppose :-D

And off I hop for another few years. I might be back if/when the Green Party are ever relevant again (don't hold your breath).

Paddy{ie

Not that it matters, but my name here is OceanFROG as opposed to OceanTROLL. This may be because I'm green (see what I did there?) and more prone to hopping around the place than living under a bridge.

And, speaking of living under a bridge (or should that be living in the real world) its hilarious to see my old friend SPiN claiming that the original Green Party website is still a "website" even though it supposedly exists on some server in Norway, or something.

Wayback machine is your friend Home - Green Party / Comhaontas Glas . It's both interesting and sad to have a look at the old Green Party website from 11 July 2007. How bright eyed, idealistic and fresh faced they all were!!!

I would still defy anyone to find any of the original Green Party policies or any mention of the years in Government 2007-11 on the current website. And just for the record, I know for a fact that Eamo had direct input into the decision which whitewashed the current GP website, removing all content referring to the glory years 2007-11. To claim that he was not involved in this or was unaware of the decision would seem to be a nonsense that only an idiot would believe. But thats SpiN I suppose :-D

And off I hop for another few years. I might be back if/when the Green Party are ever relevant again (don't hold your breath).
Looks like the SPiNner has ran out of ideas on this one alright. Yep, the Wayback tells a story alright

BTW sorry about the OceanTroll typo. Comes from the SPN fellow’s calling anyone that disagrees with him a troll. Sure I will be probably renamed the PaddyTroll by him

SPN

My new policy when faced with the nonsensical wibblings of you trolls.

flavirostris

Welcome back. Your old Green friend and FF fluffer SPiN is still here.

Paddy{ie

My new policy when faced with the nonsensical wibblings of you trolls.
Couldn’t keep away then? When debate is lost, find someone else’s quotes or images. ROFL

Analyzer

Eamon "Bailout" Ryan.

The rich owe the Greens a massive favour.

And the media will serve the rich.

Therefore the media continues to rehabilitate the Greens, and Eamon "Bailout" Ryan.

Eamon Ryan is proof that the Irish media are always eager to push politicians that serve their masters.

Eventualities

Resurrecting thread because SPN is reprehensible: which Green Party member are they so I can give them a wide berth?

valamhic

Ah now DD, the Green Party didn't deliver on all its promises. They did manage to give Ireland the Civil partnership bill.

And the Planning Act 2010 which requires that county plans comply with regional plans whereas before they only had to consider them (preventing rogue councils from overzoning contrary to regional guidelines). An 80% tax on gains from rezoning land was introduced.

Remember now, this Bill was opposed by Fine Gael because it “essentially amounts to watering down the powers afforded to councillors in regard to planning”, as Lucinda Creighton put it. Minister Hogan wants to “review” key elements with a view to removing some of its shackles.

VRT and motor tax were changed to an emissions based system which has flipped the balance of new cars from heavy to light polluters.

The greens pressed for water usage taxes which Fine Gael and Labour opposed in opposition but now support.

Again greens proposed a site valuation tax which is highly progressive and equitable unlike the unfair flat rate property tax that this government supports and have made such a mess of implementing. The greens proposed a Landfill tax which Phil Hogan has now made law.

Reccyling rates increased, organic farms multiplied, broadband connections increased. ESB and Eirgrid were directed towards investing in their grids to achieve 40% of electricity generated from wind power by 2020.

And best not to mention those pesky independent planning investigations into "irregularities" .......
The greens in government (being an environmentalist party) failed to ratify the Aarhus Convention on public participation in environmental decision making. That was signed after they left office. Mr Pat Swords took a compliant to the UNECE Compliance Committee in Ireland and Scotland and they held both were in breach. This is still ignored. While in government the Greens implemented the National Renewable Energy Action Plan (NREAP) without complying with Article 3(2) of Directive 2001/42/EC transposed into Ireland in 2004. SEA Directive. Article 6 incorporates the Aarhus Convention. All ignored.

Absolutely no Strategic Environmental Assessment was done for the on-shore wind programme which is still the case. In the case of NREAP, there was virtually no notification to the public as required by Article 6 and only 2 weeks was provided for those who were aware of it. The 30 billion renewable energy programme was rushed through based on pure intuition. There were only 3 submission , all ignored.

They thought they were dealing with an ignorant Irish public, but there were a few who knew exactly what they were up to and we went for the jugular. Massive public opposition to the plan for industrialization of the countryside all across Europe took hold. Opponents went further using social media and planted the blame (not on the greens, whom I regard as opportunist idiots) but on the EU itself.

We did not swing everyone, but definitely swung 635,000 voters in the UK (when closures of steel plants are included due to carbon baloney) which was enough to swing Brexit. Ryan is indirectly to blame for Brexit and remember the yellow vest movement began on the same issue.

Now after all this is installed, wind companies are realizing Eirgrid lied by promising factors of 33%, I predicted 24.1 % which proved to be spot. Ar current income levels, it would take 44 years to pay back the capital cost, they only have a life of 24 to 20 years. Ryan is some idiot. The Green larty leader in the UK failed to get elected. At the last Irish General Election, I with 80 others campaigned door to door against Alex White TD and he lost his seat. Once the real position was explained to voters they understood they were the victims of hoodwinking by RTE t promote Ryan.

valamhic

Eamon "Bailout" Ryan.

The rich owe the Greens a massive favour.

And the media will serve the rich.

Therefore the media continues to rehabilitate the Greens, and Eamon "Bailout" Ryan.

Eamon Ryan is proof that the Irish media are always eager to push politicians that serve their masters.
And how we can get over that and counter it has been a question I have wrestled with for years. I used the only remaining mediums, social media, letter to newspapers, particularly the Farmer's Journal and word of mouth. with a large buttering of courage and the odd embellishment.

SPN

Paddy{ie

Just because I keep pointing out factual errors and asking hard questions?

There's more of it.

Post 401 requires your attention. Or are ‘facts’ about the Green Party outside of your remit.

SPN

Those voices in your head are dialled up to 11 today Vic.

Eirgrid lied by promising factors of 33%,
In what bizzarre scenario would Eirgrid have anything to do with promising factors?

Ar(sic) current income levels, it would take 44 years to pay back the capital cost, they only have a life of 24 to 20 years.
The last time I read a BP it had a 10 to 12 year payback on the capital cost and the manufacturer was quoting for a 30 year lifecycle.

Analyzer

The EP election coming up in 2019.

The banks owe the GP, massively.

And Eamon "bailout" Ryan ran and came fourth last time around. Will he run again ? Will the media cover his embarrassment and "forget" how he served corporatocracy ?

The banks need a compliant stooge on the left space. Will the people deliver that for Ryan ?