• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Is Enda going to resign next week ?


rockofcashel

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 23, 2005
Messages
7,956
Website
www.sinnfein.ie
I know I'll probably get jumped upon from an absolute height this week, but I was given a tip off earlier today, that an absolutely huge story was about to break, that could lead to Enda Kenny resigning even before the election.

The person who gave it to us wasn't SF, and was what we would consider to be a pretty good source.

He wouldn't tell us why, but said it was going to stop the Kenny campaign in its tracks.

I came on here to see if anyone had heard anything more and didn't find any thread, so I started this.

The only possible inkling from P.ie I got however, was a comment on the Red C poll thread, which said that the SBP were running a story relating to "Gardai are pursuing new leads into Tribunal links".

Now, I am not suggesting that this investigation is what the rumour refers to, but, if the Tribunal leaks do lead back to Kenny, along with a "smoking gun", could it be so bad as to actually force a resignation at this late stage.

I'll have to admit, that so far on the ground, FF seem to have run an absolutely terrible campaign, to the point that I have suggested a few times that they are actually trying to lose the election. But, if they have something really big on Enda, could that be the card they are playing to regain advantage at the death.

Keep your ears open for this one.
 

HanleyS

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 11, 2007
Messages
817
:lol:

If it happens it happens. If Enda has been a bold boy, which I cannot imagine he has been, then he will have to go. We actually believe in accountability in our party. That's what makes us better.
 
Joined
Feb 2, 2007
Messages
61
yeah, I heard this one too. FF dirty tricks in overdrive. The only person likely to be resigning next week will be the chap that has to admit to a USD$45,000 payment.

The ONLY reason the Bert statement is'nt coming out till next week is so he can give the London speech first. Then the shit can truely hit the fan. Although I understand the Sunday Times could be putting him out of his misery tomorrow.
 

Catalpa

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 10, 2004
Messages
10,301
So we could have the spectactle of the two main Party leaders resigning in the same week? :shock:

Perhaps they could do a joint announcement on the Prime Time Special next Thursday night? :twisted:
 

brian99

New member
Joined
May 2, 2007
Messages
4
I think there is something it as Mairead Mc Guinees is told to be ready to step in to be leader of FG
 

Fr. Hank Tree

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 1, 2007
Messages
5,907
The fact that this is coming from RoC kills this story before it even begins to exist.
 

alonso

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 17, 2006
Messages
2,573
I'd be very disappointed if RoC was stirring the sh1t here with nothing to substantiate it. Risky given we all know who he is...
 

baldur0300

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 17, 2005
Messages
761
I would trust RoC more than any of the blueshirt trolls that have inhabited this site lately (not calling you a troll hank tree but there seems to be a lot of your members that are). But saying that I don't think there's anything on Enda. It would have come up by now.
 

HanleyS

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 11, 2007
Messages
817
alonso said:
I'd be very disappointed if RoC was stirring the sh1t here with nothing to substantiate it. Risky given we all know who he is...
I'd actually be mildly amused. Best windup ever.
 

rockofcashel

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 23, 2005
Messages
7,956
Website
www.sinnfein.ie
Fr. Hank Tree said:
The fact that this is coming from RoC kills this story before it even begins to exist.
I find that to be an extremely stupid remark, as other posters have already said, people know exactly who I am. Who are you to question me Hank ?

I honestly couldn't care less if Enda resigns or not.. in fact, I'm bloody sick to the back teeth of politics in this election disappearing up it's own backside, as real issues haven't been discussed.

But, this being a political website, I was hoping that maybe someone else might have gotten wind of a straw in the breeze too.

There might be nothing at all in it, but is that a reason not to ask ?
 

Supermanpolitician

Well-known member
Joined
May 8, 2007
Messages
1,033
SF boy you are full of $hit. Anybody with a modicum of cop on can see that you are stirring.

Will Adams resign if it is found that SF have been engaging in criminal activity? No. Because it already has been proved, and he is still there.

The Enda story is a rouse. More's the fool anybody who believe's it. Info like this does not break on politics.ie. This website and these forums are for people with quick fingers and slow brains.
 

Fr. Hank Tree

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 1, 2007
Messages
5,907
rockofcashel said:
Fr. Hank Tree said:
The fact that this is coming from RoC kills this story before it even begins to exist.
I find that to be an extremely stupid remark, as other posters have already said, people know exactly who I am. Who are you to question me Hank ?

I honestly couldn't care less if Enda resigns or not.. in fact, I'm bloody sick to the back teeth of politics in this election disappearing up it's own backside, as real issues haven't been discussed.

But, this being a political website, I was hoping that maybe someone else might have gotten wind of a straw in the breeze too.

There might be nothing at all in it, but is that a reason not to ask ?
All i'm suggesting is that you're doing this to wind us blueshirts up, something you have a long history of doing on this site. I'm not suggesting your lying or that you are unreliable as a source...
 

pfkf

Member
Joined
Oct 3, 2006
Messages
71
the-analyst2007 said:
yeah, I heard this one too. FF dirty tricks in overdrive. The only person likely to be resigning next week will be the chap that has to admit to a USD$45,000 payment.

The ONLY reason the Bert statement is'nt coming out till next week is so he can give the London speech first. Then the shit can truely hit the fan. Although I understand the Sunday Times could be putting him out of his misery tomorrow.
what are the sunday times going to print, it would have to be water tight and a smoking gun for him to be put out of his misery tomorrow
 
Joined
Feb 2, 2007
Messages
61
The Sunday Times - Irish Ed. (Murdochs den of respectibility) has been leading with Bertie Cash & Co. stories for a while now.

Dont know what tomorrow's splash is, but Towny on another thread suggests that it is with regard to a prominent Gov backbencher.

In fairness to Towny, he was posting here a week and a half ago that Jody Corcoron had the full story (or thereabouts) on Bert. The postings were BEFORE Michaels weekend of reflection and peace which started that Friday at lunchtime.
 
Joined
Jun 6, 2006
Messages
96
I don't know. If it was corruption, it would be particularly damaging, because he has done a good job in presenting clean image. He has done such a good job that even I do not beleive he is personally corrupt, and I seriously doubt that he has ever had much resting in his account. Still, while there is always a chance of the odd skeleton in the closet,I would be doubtful that there is much amiss with him...other than the standard policy issues, which are niether here nor there in relation to this matter.
 
Top