Is Enda Kenny the new DeValera ?

dent

At a crucial point in our country's history, we have a politician who is standing idly when he could be affecting change, bringing down this rotten corrupt government and getting proper negotiators in there who won't sign our economic freedom away.

Courage, Enda, Courage !

dent

Then step aside.

D

Duth Ealla

At a crucial point in our country's history, we have a politician who is standing idly when he could be affecting change, bringing down this rotten corrupt government and getting proper negotiators in there who won't sign our economic freedom away.

Courage, Enda, Courage !
are you suggesting that Enda has taken money raised for a political cause and used it to buy a newspaper for the benefit of his family.

DeValera was the original corrupt FF gombeen who failed on everything he ever promised to do.

Its out of order to compare Enda to that thing.

Pat Mc Larnon

FG are awol in case they have to confirm they will do more or less what the current government are proposing.

Last edited:

Congalltee

You mean Enda is going to default on unfair annuities, change the terms of our negotiated surrender, draft a new Constitution, get popular approval for it, and keep us out of a World War. Gosh, I never thought he had it in him.

Rebel_Yell

Courage, Enda, Courage !
This idiocy proves that the primary issue with Ireland, is the Irish people. Why can't people get it through their thick skulls that we have no choice at this time. We must pass a budget.

Like it or lump it, FF have to stay in power for the next month or two. Then there will be an election and FF will be gone from office probably for 2 terms of the Dáil at a minimum. Those who are having wet dreams about FF going forever are just deluded. The infrastructure built up over 80 years and the fact that Ireland's political philosophy is closely aligned with both FF and FG means that they will rebuild. But for 10 years they will be banished to the political wilderness.

Have a little patience and talk a little sense.

Tomas Mor

amazing the pressure thats growing on FG to let the budget pass, give FF some time, let them then change leader to prevent meltdown in GE. Seems to be FG's duty to act in national interest as Alan Dukes did and got no thanks from corrupt Haughey and FF who told him he was only doing Tallaght strategy for his own good, and he also got no thanks from Irish electorate which is a funny beast indeed.And his own crowd shafted him as he was not succeeding electorally.
BTW Last night's VB show has left me terrifed.

dent

are you suggesting that Enda has taken money raised for a political cause and used it to buy a newspaper for the benefit of his family.

DeValera was the original corrupt FF gombeen who failed on everything he ever promised to do.

Its out of order to compare Enda to that thing.
By not doing his utmost in bringing this corrupt government down, it's every bit as gombeen as DeValera sending Collins to London to let him take the hit. It's time to stop playing politics and take these b.astards out.

dent

FG are awol in case they have to confirm they will do more or less way the current government are proposing.
That's not so, they just want FF to take the hit, which is fair on one level, but every day of FF in Government is a day too long.

dent

This idiocy proves that the primary issue with Ireland, is the Irish people. Why can't people get it through their thick skulls that we have no choice at this time. We must pass a budget.

Like it or lump it, FF have to stay in power for the next month or two. Then there will be an election and FF will be gone from office probably for 2 terms of the Dáil at a minimum. Those who are having wet dreams about FF going forever are just deluded. The infrastructure built up over 80 years and the fact that Ireland's political philosophy is closely aligned with both FF and FG means that they will rebuild. But for 10 years they will be banished to the political wilderness.

Have a little patience and talk a little sense.
Open your eyes FFS, the entire budget won't be through until the end of Feb at the earliest anyway. We have time for a GE. If FG wait, god only knows what other damage FF will have done, AND there is every prospect that FF will have dumped Cowen in the meantime which will change the focus of attack.

spineless

amazing the pressure thats growing on FG to let the budget pass, give FF some time, let them then change leader to prevent meltdown in GE. Seems to be FG's duty to act in national interest as Alan Dukes did and got no thanks from corrupt Haughey and FF who told him he was only doing Tallaght strategy for his own good, and he also got no thanks from Irish electorate which is a funny beast indeed.And his own crowd shafted him as he was not succeeding electorally.
The difference between Enda and Dukes is that Enda will probably be the one heading up the next government and from here on in it is all about optics and how FG behave leading up to the GE.

Baron von Biffo

The Tallaght Strategy was the second most stupid act by an Irish political party. It was FG saying 'We have the same policy as FF but we wont try to bring them down because they're better than us." The national interest had nothing to do with it, it was pure idiocy.

If FG supports the FF budget it will be an even greater folly. If they have gall to claim it's in the national interest they'll deserve a savaging at the polls.

dent

Well said, Tomas, that's exactly what I'm getting at. Finish it now, there is no perfect time and FF, like the rats they are, could have slipped out of it by Feb.

FG were doing the right thing up to yesterday, and now look like they've lost their nerve.

Keith-M

Website
www.allkindsofeverything.ie
As much as I think Enda is poor and certainly not Taoiseach material, I think it's been right to step back this week and let all the attention focus on he government. FG don't have the numbers to pass a no confidence motion and it suits them to have FF pass the budget.

dent

The difference between Enda and Dukes is that Enda will probably be the one heading up the next government and from here on in it is all about optics and how FG behave leading up to the GE.
No, aside from getting the Incompetents out of Government, FF are at a point where they will be decimated. If they slip out of it by Feb and end up with 40 seats, they'll be back in power within 5 years. Kill them now.

spineless

As much as I think Enda is poor and certainly not Taoiseach material, I think it's been right to step back this week and let all the attention focus on he government. FG don't have the numbers to pass a no confidence motion and it suits them to have FF pass the budget.
Keith, its not like you to be speaking well of Enda.

Pauli

Much and all as I don't particularly like Kenny, he doesn't deserve to be compared to the setter of the template for corruption in national politics and our independent history's biggest single social retardant.

Kenny is mediocre at best but give me mediocre over the blatantly corrupt any day.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies