• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Is Fionnan Sheahan delusional, or ignorant?

DCon

He comes out with this classic:

"The Irish banking system is at rock bottom today," the Finance Minister declared.

Perhaps, but the country at large is left with the estimated €50bn final bill from the banking bailout.

The bill will take a decade, at least, to pay off
and probably longer.
No Fionnan, you clown, the government have no intention of paying it off as we are broke. It will just be added to the national debt.

Those nice interest payments do not pay down the loan, they are just interest payments.

Fionnan Sheahan: Parties now have nowhere to hide -they need a plan - Fionnan Sheahan, Columnists - Independent.ie

LeDroit

He is nothing but a FF hack, married to Avril Power, a FF LE candidate in 2009, and policy advisor to Mary Hanafin in every Dept she's been in. His recent anger and this polemic are born of a defensiveness evident in all FF hacks, politicians and supporters which can only be described as a siege mentality.

I just hope as they circle the wagons that they decide to engage in a circular firing squad too.

Tomas Mor

Sheehan is just a Sir Anto hack who does what he is told. He will have an odd swipe at Biffo and FF when it is popular to do so, but when the chips are down he knows where his bread is buttered. Maybe too much emphasis is put on the likes of him, who are they -most of them just drinking buddies and hangers on of late night politicians. We have to rely on foreign media to know whats really happening here !

Panopticon

He comes out with this classic:

No Fionnan, you clown, the government have no intention of paying it off as we are broke. It will just be added to the national debt.

Those nice interest payments do not pay down the loan, they are just interest payments.

Fionnan Sheahan: Parties now have nowhere to hide -they need a plan - Fionnan Sheahan, Columnists - Independent.ie
If you think the Irish government plan is to default, why is absolutely nobody else - except Fintan O'Toole - seriously suggesting it? You can claim it is a secret plan/conspiracy if you like, but extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

He is nothing but a FF hack, married to Avril Power, a FF LE candidate in 2009, and policy advisor to Mary Hanafin in every Dept she's been in. His recent anger and this polemic are born of a defensiveness evident in all FF hacks, politicians and supporters which can only be described as a siege mentality.

I just hope as they circle the wagons that they decide to engage in a circular firing squad too.
And you seriously believe that men have no opinions other than what their wives think. Your beliefs are patently ridiculous and make you a non-serious contributor.

You are wishing death upon the OP subject and I have reported your post.

loner

I have read the article and I fail to see what the fuss is about.Fionan has been a fair commentator on political events and suggesting that all parties must step up to the plate is a reasonable proposition--politics in this country must change if we are to extricate ourselves out of the FF created mess that we find ourselves in--legislators must legislate and the parish pump end of the business must be left to be dealt with not in Leinster House but at the parish pump where it belongs--there is a huge need for the reform of Parliament and for a complete re appraisal of the way our local government is operated---this is URGENT business that cannot be longfingered. Fionan may be married to a FF activist but as someone who would be very conscious of journalistic bias I must say that I have not encountered any trace of bias in either his writing or his comments on radio or television--cannot comment on his tweets or twitters as I have very little knowledge of these mediums

tommygavin

I was in 1st year in ucc when he was in his final year, he was stuck in evrey crackpot society. he was known affectionately as the ginger tos**r, he hasnt changed much since then. He tried attacking mcwilliams the other night on browne and made himself look very stupid.

Tomas Mor

Get a life , this is not a death threat. By the way did anyone hear our DC on Newstalk this morning with B O Brien. I do not wish to misquote him as I am watched like a hawk here, but I think he said there was room for a new party here, (to come from disillusioned FFers and FGers) which would advocate LOW taxes. Now for God's sake after what the PDs have done to our country with that Boston/ Berlin philosophy, I think its the last thing we need, like a hole in the head. Thats what I think he said at the very end.

Westport Dave

Lay off the wife bashing.................we can't help who we fall in love with.

I married a Fianna Failer too, that doesn't mean that I share any of her political opinions.

Fionnan has usually been fairly even handed.............in getting stuck into all sides.

EUrJokingMeRight

Eyes too close together which gives him a very untrustworthy look. Then when he opens his mouth it's hard to figure out what he is saying with his forked tongue and his OTT mock indignation.
There are a lot of substandard politicians in the country who I would hate to have to have a guinesss with but I would not share a pint with this guy, ever, even IF he was buying.
I would just feel like spooning him baby food instead.

Panopticon

I was in 1st year in ucc when he was in his final year, he was stuck in evrey crackpot society. he was known affectionately as the ginger tos**r, he hasnt changed much since then. He tried attacking mcwilliams the other night on browne and made himself look very stupid.
Well done for achieving so much more than him in your life.

Get a life , this is not a death threat. By the way did anyone hear our DC on Newstalk this morning with B O Brien. I do not wish to misquote him as I am watched like a hawk here, but I think he said there was room for a new party here, (to come from disillusioned FFers and FGers) which would advocate LOW taxes. Now for God's sake after what the PDs have done to our country with that Boston/ Berlin philosophy, I think its the last thing we need, like a hole in the head. Thats what I think he said at the very end.
You understand that high taxes will drive away every employer except the Irish State? A wet dream for Labour and the unions, to be sure, because it gives them incomparable power. But a nightmare for everyone else.

LeDroit

That's almost funny. Almost. You are a pathetic apologist for economic sabotage.

Treason isn't a strong enough word for FF's actions. We have an alternative proposed by serious economists involving negotiation with bondholders and a shared haircut with them and the banks supported over a ten year period by the State which would recoup approx 50% of our 38Billion contribution. So we'd pay out 19Billion over 10 years not 50Billion.

Tragically we can now see the limitations of FF voters electing gombeen politicians who have limited abilities beyond getting ditches fixed.

Murph

He dropped his mask on Vicent Browne the other night when he attacked David McWilliams for saying Joe the truck driver would be seen as a national hero now.

He blurted out "he drove the truck at a Garda'. news to me and the driver was never charged with that, so I guess Fionna was taking his q from the FF's inside the building. Even the nuetrals watching that show would have concluded hes in Bed with the Cowen clann.

s1lverbullet

@ Panopticon...you my friend are quite obviously a FFer. Anyone who thinks Sheehan is impartial should've seen him on VBrowne the other night...'a garda could've been killed', BULLS*IT. Watch 'anglo avenger' on Youtube and see if the dick was telling the truth....no garda at the gate, the truck drove at 5mph and stopped AT the gate....dont believe the lies from the INDO and RTE. And remember this little snippet......media chiefs in tv and the papers are called EDITORS for good reason...they EDIT the info we get....we never get the whole story just what they want us to believe

adamirer

Sheehan has absolutely not been even handed, anyone who thinks that has green eye. He has consistantly hammered Kenny and gone soft of first Ahern and then Cowen - not quite as bad as Jody Corcoran, but not far off. Even recently when he did a piece on Kenny's performance at the Convention Centre, when compared to Cowens (which was positive), he couched all his compliments in faint praise and insults about his image.

Sheehan's colours are very, very clear.

baldur0300

Sheehan's colours are very, very clear.
Indeed they are for anyone with a shred of knowledge about him. Before he became a journalist he was a very active blueshirt. The fact he is married to a FFer seems to get in people's craw for some reason. FFS there are a lot of us about. Even Enda Kenny is even married to one.

tommygavin

Well done for achieving so much more than him in your life.

thanks I'm more than happy the way my life has turned out buddy, being on tv and writing in a newspaper doesn't equate to achievement, just look at some of the Journalists we have in this country.

Mister men

The guy is the Ryan Tuburity of the newspaper world. FF hack through and through.

Panopticon

That's almost funny. Almost. You are a pathetic apologist for economic sabotage.

Treason isn't a strong enough word for FF's actions. We have an alternative proposed by serious economists involving negotiation with bondholders and a shared haircut with them and the banks supported over a ten year period by the State which would recoup approx 50% of our 38Billion contribution. So we'd pay out 19Billion over 10 years not 50Billion.

Tragically we can now see the limitations of FF voters electing gombeen politicians who have limited abilities beyond getting ditches fixed.
What? I have never voted FF, so I resent that. I am simply pointing out that you are taking an extremely androgynistic viewpoint that ascribes the wife's beliefs to the husband, and wishing that the OP subject would be murdered.

Same goes to the guy (it always is a guy) who thinks me, the media and politicians are engaged in a conspiracy to conceal the truth that Garda are never ever present at Leinster House and those Garda in the box in front are really actors. You got me. As I said, I have never voted FF but I find that a lot of the angriest people have, all their lives.

LeDroit

and wishing that the OP subject would be murdered.
You are diminishing the seriousness with which we can take you by continuing with this nonsense.

And if you think anyone here believes you are anything but a FF apologist you are as deluded as the ginger hack.