Is incompetence the biggest drain on our justice system and its resources?

Reasunach

Woman who spent years in direct provision entitled to compensation from state, court rules - Independent.ie

I have to admit I read the above article with a frustrated "here we go again, open the floodgates" shrug. Appeals to the courts have resulted in years of delays, years of frustration and also leniency, just in case there might be grounds for appeal. This isn't just an asylum issue, it also happens in insurance claims. A cyclist also appealed her case and ended up 40% better off despite the fact that she was cycling on the footpath at the time. Is it just a gravy train for the legal profession? I await the day that a court decision is reported as getting it right first time with eagerness. :rolleyes:

McTell

Twitter
No
Appeal courts tell you that lawyers and judges are right about half the time... maybe..

But don't turn up and represent yourself, because then everyone would be doing it and they'd all be out of a job:

High costs and rise in repossessions drive growth of lay litigants

Times were when a judge was obliged to help someone who was maybe dragged to court. Good for people trying to do it for themselves - maybe with no choice.

Protests have led to the suspension of court sittings. In Castlebar Circuit Court, members of Integrity Ireland and Land League West sprinkled holy water and recited the Rosary. In another, individuals tried to place a judge under citizen’s arrest.
Meanwhile, a group called Freemen of the Land have upset hearings, arguing that all law is contractual; in other words, it only applies if a person consents to it. Believers refuse to answer or obey the court, saying they have not granted it jurisdiction.

:lol::lol:

Spanner Island

Woman who spent years in direct provision entitled to compensation from state, court rules - Independent.ie

I have to admit I read the above article with a frustrated "here we go again, open the floodgates" shrug. Appeals to the courts have resulted in years of delays, years of frustration and also leniency, just in case there might be grounds for appeal. This isn't just an asylum issue, it also happens in insurance claims. A cyclist also appealed her case and ended up 40% better off despite the fact that she was cycling on the footpath at the time. Is it just a gravy train for the legal profession? I await the day that a court decision is reported as getting it right first time with eagerness. :rolleyes:
On the contrary... the legal profession is very competent at self regulating in a system that ensures they make loads of money at every turn...

There's no incompetence there... just self serving daylight robbery in a rigged system run by them.

The entire legal system needs to be opened up, made transparent and be independently regulated.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies