• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Is India's criticism of us fair?

elliebee

That the young Indian woman's death in Galway is tragic goes without saying but I must say I am rather miffed at the level of criticism towards Ireland coming from India because of it.

Their own pregnancy related mortality record is nothing to be proud of where " hemorrhage (25.6 percent) ranks first as
the cause of maternal death, followed by sepsis (13 percent)"

http://medind.nic.in/maa/t05/i3/maat05i3p214.pdf

Maybe they should get their own house in order before they rush to criticise Ireland.

bob3367

Yes it is, we are meant to be a first world country.

drummed

In fairness you can see where the Indians are mistaken. They took us for a democratic western European state and expected standards to match.

Its not valid to expect both countries to acheive the same standards. India has 2nd/3rd world standards of care and civil rights. India is well aware of this. The surprise is that we have some standards which appear similar. Hence their upset is understandable.

Trying to compare the two countries directly as you have done is silly and pointless. India is not doing that.

gijoe

Yes it is, we are meant to be a first world country.
In fairness it is a bit rich for a country with a space programme and half its population living on the roadside.

drummed

In fairness it is a bit rich for a country with a space programme and half its population living on the raodside.
Regardless, his point stands. The USA has a space program as well and some 3rd world standards at the same time.

pedagogus

In fairness it is a bit rich for a country with a space programme and half its population living on the raodside.
Not to mention that they have nuclear weapons and a huge military with all the latest in hardware.

EUrJokingMeRight

Yes.

henryhill

Maybe they should get their own house in order before they rush to criticise Ireland.
That's not remotely relevant. What occured was a disgrace to this country, and if I were Enda Kenny, I'd issue a public apology to India for it, before immediately bringing forward legislation.

bye bye mubarak

Absolutely, although they are open to criticism too. Remember that evil woman who mutilsated millions of women, Infira Ghandai. But we are just as bad by ommission.

Northsideman

India has countless homeless malnourished children but can spend money on nuclear weapons (how many will that kill?) they need to look at themselves before lecturing others, the neck of them!

dustin

YES it is- but the Irish Goverment are twisting this sad event to push there own agenda

Seanie Lemass

It

India and China are reported to kill more infant girls every year than are born in the whole of the United States!

Have we no moral sense or pride any more that we take lectures from these people???

Seriously, don't any of you have a backbone, or has the inferiority complex snapped it altogether?

The gross and hysterical hypocrisy from trash Indian tabloids should not be pandered to. Even if you think this woman died for the reason alleged (and there is absolutely no proof that any of this is anything to do with abortion or the lack thereof), to accuse Ireland of 'murder' is just insulting, vulgar cretinism.

Grow a pair, stop begging people to like you...

FrankSpeaks

Yes, no need to elaborate.

Northsideman

That's not remotely relevant. What occured was a disgrace to this country, and if I were Enda Kenny, I'd issue a public apology to India for it, before immediately bringing forward legislation.
Bollix, apologise to the poor woman's husband and family by all means but not to a country that has starving and homeless kids but still spends money on atom bombs.