Is it illegal to propose/talk about a bank run in Ireland?

• Thread starter MrFunkyBoogaloo
  • Start date
M

MrFunkyBoogaloo

Before anyone has a fit I am NOT proposing one! Just wondering is all. Can't seem to find any reference in Irish Law regarding bank runs. However it's very clear, from searching, that the USA has such laws in place.

Do we have similar laws in place? Is there EU law on the matter?

Wakeupcall

Plenty of bank runs. Pitty they are fake rich in-humans running away from stupid loans they took to buy worthless crap.

Cael

Before anyone has a fit I am NOT proposing one! Just wondering is all. Can't seem to find any reference in Irish Law regarding bank runs. However it's very clear, from searching, that the USA has such laws in place.

The Irish trade union misleadership are too bought to suggest anything that would actually be effective.

Expatriot

It is illegal to boycott a bank?

Would not surprise me at this stage.

M

MrFunkyBoogaloo

It is illegal to boycott a bank?

Would not surprise me at this stage.
Not illegal in the USA. The law there seeks to dissuade people from organising one or causing panic that would start a run. (Or something along those lines - lots of legalese!!)

Goes back to the Great Depression IIRC.

SideysGhost

I'm going over history in my head, trying to figure out exactly when this silent coup actually happened. When, precisely, did the banks quietly take over complete control of the political systems of every Western nation? Somewhere between 1987 and 1992, I reckon.

Expatriot

So it is OK for the banks to cause a run on Ireland?

MPB

There was a Bank run in 2008. Nobody was arrested or charged. In fact those who instigated it, were rewarded. They were actually allowed to move their deposits despite owing the Banks a fortune.

Why would it be illegal to advise people to keep their money away from insolvent Banks?

Personally I think that anybody with money in an Irish Bank is a fool.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies