Is it illegal to remove referendum posters?

raetsel

razorblade

I don't know why there's even a need to put up posters at all its not as if people havnt already decided which way they are going to vote i fail to see how a poster could sway anyone either way.

razorblade

Has anyone ever actually looked at a poster and said im going to vote this way because the poster says so i don't think its just a waste of time and effort frankly I'm sick of them clogging up the place.

Fats_Portnoy

Has anyone ever actually looked at a poster and said im going to vote this way because the poster says so i don't think its just a waste of time and effort frankly I'm sick of them clogging up the place.
Posters are about rallying your core vote more than anything.

D

Deleted member 45466

https://www.dccae.gov.ie/en-ie/environment/topics/waste/litter/Pages/Election-Posters0331-3567.aspx

Only local authorities are authorised to remove them.

The No campaign's posters keep getting defaced and ripped down

"It is an offence to take down any poster, we unreservedly condemn any such act. Members of the public who witness the removal of posters should report it to their local Garda station."

The No campaign's posters keep getting defaced and ripped down

So if anyone sees a midget wearing pointe shoes, a Vivienne Westwood designed hi-vis "vulva" vest (two sizes too big), freddy krueger gloves, half an advanced bomb proof helmet with a rotating airfix radar dish on top, scaling telegraph poles and lamp posts in the Dublin area, they should report that person to AGS.

D

Deleted member 45466

Or of not treating women as grow-bags.

We all understand the issue here in depth. And have entrenched views. The undecided are a myth in my book.
Get over it, no ones treating women as grow bags. They're not forced into pregnancy.

sadmal

Apparently there is still a Nurse Noel billboard on the road near Bunratty Castle - lies and all included.
Now that Spring has truly arrived has there been any sighting of the elusive Nurse Noel? I think bird watchers should be on the lookout and report the first sighting in a letter to the IT.

GDPR

Now that Spring has truly arrived has there been any sighting of the elusive Nurse Noel? I think bird watchers should be on the lookout and report the first sighting in a letter to the IT.
To the tune of the carol: The First Noel

The first hard-sell and it couldnt be worse
Was from an ex-criminal dressed as a nurse

Chorus:

Bloody hell, bloody hell, bloody hell we all say
We'll be listening to this from now until May ...

The Rahenyite

Is it just me or does there seem to be more No posters in Dublin City and surrounding suburbs than Yes posters?

razorblade

Is it just me or does there seem to be more No posters in Dublin City and surrounding suburbs than Yes posters?
I don't live in Dublin but that's certainly the case in my neck of the woods pro repeal has been surprisingly quiet around here.

sadmal

I don't live in Dublin but that's certainly the case in my neck of the woods pro repeal has been surprisingly quiet around here.
Same here in Dublin 9 but in the last few days I've seen more Yes posters appearing.

gleeful

I've heard that all the Yes posters in parts of Limerick were taken down last night.

Eoin Coir

I think posters are property of party or organisation that pays for and put them up. If they are taken away,it is larceny, if damaged it is criminal damage.

Emily Davison

Well I for one am sick of looking at the foetus pointing directly at me whenever I look out of my bay window. The posters are up high, so there's no fear of taking an eye out. They are a good height so that people sitting upstairs on a bus can see them. This means I can't physically take down the foetus outside my window because I'm quite small but it's nothing that a bit of paint, a roller, a roller extension and a ladder can't sort out, and I have all four so I'll be doing that shortly.

I'll just wear a high viz jacket when doing it. No-one questions anyone in a high viz jacket.
I recommend Woodies for the high viz jacket. I suggest a clip board too. To make it more authentic. I also hope you get arrested and make the six one, then we can judge how small or not you are.

Coming soon on a screen near you - Lara2 from politics.ie being interviewed by Brian Dobson.

"Tell us Lara why did you think it was a good idea to paint over the foetus?"

"Did it spoil the view from your window?"

or

"Why Lara did you not like looking at the lovely picture of the foetus?"

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom