• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Is it me ori is this Irish stereotyping of the Irish in Britain in this article in yesterday's Daily Telegraph?

nationalsday

Is it me ori is this Irish stereotyping of the Irish in Britain in this article in yesterday's Daily Telegraph?

Home truths on race and colour put us in a spin at the launderette - Telegraph

I don't really understand the point of the article - but do I discern ignorant, ginger haired, worn appearance (Punch magazine) in the launderette in his forties with his wife (i.e useless) and drunk?

Hard to know what to think.....

PeeBee

Thinkin' is at a premium here :lol: But, does the 'cap' fit?

CookieMonster

What the hell was that?!

seanmoylantd

Good article.
I would assume the Indian man owned the Launderette too.
However,its bad manners to comment on people when they leave the room-disgusting habit.

Protestant/Catholic=Irish

That article had such potential to be funny. Pity that potential wasn't fulfilled.

storybud1

Mr Archer mentions in his column about skin colour "Our generation can’t say, “Separate the whites from the coloureds”, even about laundry, without thinking of historical crimes."

Now Mr Archer, British history is not your strong point, ignorance is bliss.

What a clown, this is why the media is over, morons like Archer are just gossip, nothing else, he spends 5 minutes in a laundrette which he turns into a bitch fest.

I could show you 20 examples a day of crazy incidents caused by bogus asylum shoppers in this town but it would not make the papers, it is just reality.

no need to make a big deal anymore, it is just the way it is, you just have to laugh at politicians and media types, they are a joke,

Munnkeyman

Mr Archer mentions in his column about skin colour "Our generation can’t say, “Separate the whites from the coloureds”, even about laundry, without thinking of historical crimes."

Now Mr Archer, British history is not your strong point, ignorance is bliss.

What a clown, this is why the media is over, morons like Archer are just gossip, nothing else, he spends 5 minutes in a laundrette which he turns into a bitch fest.

I could show you 20 examples a day of crazy incidents caused by bogus asylum shoppers in this town but it would not make the papers, it is just reality.

no need to make a big deal anymore, it is just the way it is, you just have to laugh at politicians and media types, they are a joke,

Those bogus shoppers are some crazy folk alright. I laugh at politicians all of the time too. They're a great larf.

Tawdy

Home truths on race and colour put us in a spin at the launderette - Telegraph

I don't really understand the point of the article - but do I discern ignorant, ginger haired, worn appearance (Punch magazine) in the launderette in his forties with his wife (i.e useless) and drunk?

Hard to know what to think.....

I think it is what`s called a filler. Does not have to make sense, or have gravitas, just fill in the gap for an otherwise mudane article showing the lack of skill of the so called journolist. A time waster in otherwords.

rainmaker

Administrator
'Telegraph columnist detects politcal correctness in his laundry'

The trouble is a visit to the launderette isn't the only occasion a Telegraph columnist ponders 'seperating his whites from the coloureds'...

Last edited:

sondagefaux

And we still don't know if the dark sock messed up the woman's whites.

Damn you Graeme Archer, damn you to hell!

nationalsday

It is probably just you.
Well, I suppose in the cold light of dawn etc. Just goes to show, though, how a chap can be riled into posting threads at 2.30 a.m. particularly after a hard gin-sodden Saturday night spent chasing around after his sock-thieving floozie of a trouble’n’strife dahn the launderehh.
Still, the cheek of that bounder (Archer)

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies