• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Is it right that such a prominent FF supporter presents Late Late show?

stripey cat

Has Ryan Tubridy ever resigned from Fianna Fáil? Can it be credible to have such a prominent member of the FF "family" presenting the State broadcaster's "flagship" show?

Tubridy was a member of Fianna Fáil while in UCD and was also in the Dun Laoghaire branch of Ógra Fianna Fáil. Two of his maternal uncles, Niall Andrews and David Andrews, were Fianna Fáil TDs.

His brother stood unsuccessfully for FF in the 2009 local elections, bizarrely choosing to use graphics modeled on the Obama presidential campaign rather than the FF logo.

Two of his first cousins, Barry Andrews and Chris Andrews are Fianna Fáil TDs. His grandfather, Todd Andrews, was a prominent associate of Fianna Fáil founder Éamon de Valera.

Vega1447

Compared with Joe DuFFy, Tubridy is a model of impartiality.

dmc444

As long as he is impartial i dont think it matters.

Edo

Have you ever heard of the remote control?

Anyway I fail to see how discussions on boob jobs with transexuals,movie and soap stars, footballers, singers is really going to effect the political balance in this country - if its Tubridy - you can be guaranteed that we'll all watching discovery channel by November for some sign of life - the political side of things to be dumbed down big time - maybe thats not a bad thing.

Last edited:

borntorum

Anyway I feel to see how discussions on boob jobs with transexuals,movie and soap starts, footballers, singers is really going to effect the political balance in this country - if its Tubridy - you can be guaranteed that we'll all watching discovery channel by November for some sign of life - the political side of things to be dumbed down big time - maybe thats not a bad thing.
The problem with Tubridy is not that he comes from a FF family. The problem is that he is an irritating smart-a*sed clown

Frankie Lee

Anyway I feel to see how discussions on boob jobs with transexuals,movie and soap starts, footballers, singers is really going to effect the political balance in this country - if its Tubridy - you can be guaranteed that we'll all watching discovery channel by November for some sign of life - the political side of things to be dumbed down big time - maybe thats not a bad thing.
What he says

seenitallb4

Should someone be prevented from doing a job where he can easily be monitored for any sign of bias because of his political beliefs?
The Common Sense Answer: No.
The Politics.ie Answer: Depends on whether his beliefs accord with mine.

Eurocitizen

wow have him sacked -how dare he join a political party while he was in university , he should have been studying .

I cannot believe Joe Duffy alowed this to happen. I am going to ring Joe tomorrow and complain . OH by the way Brian Dobson was also in Fianna Fail .

RTE is a sham I am not paying for a licence - they should only employ Labour supporters and the likes of George Lee .

flavirostris

He's following in the footsteps of another prominent Fianna Fáil supporter in any case ( Gaybo). Personally I can't stand Tubridy but it's not a political show.
Miriam O'Callaghan chairing a General Election Leadership debate is an entirely different kettle of fish though - that should never have been allowed to happen.

Should someone be prevented from doing a job where he can easily be monitored for any sign of bias because of his political beliefs?
The Common Sense Answer: No.
The Politics.ie Answer: Depends on whether his beliefs accord with mine.
Pretty much correct as funny nobody really complains about how RTE still has the old Stickies and their fellow travelllers running it.

Frankly RTE is an irrelevance.

seenitallb4

Pretty much correct as funny nobody really complains about how RTE still has the old Stickies and their fellow travelllers running it.

Frankly RTE is an irrelevance.
Yeah. And it is a rubbish station too.

orbit

Has Ryan Tubridy ever resigned from Fianna Fáil? Can it be credible to have such a prominent member of the FF "family" presenting the State broadcaster's "flagship" show?

Tubridy was a member of Fianna Fáil while in UCD and was also in the Dun Laoghaire branch of Ógra Fianna Fáil. Two of his maternal uncles, Niall Andrews and David Andrews, were Fianna Fáil TDs.

His brother stood unsuccessfully for FF in the 2009 local elections, bizarrely choosing to use graphics modeled on the Obama presidential campaign rather than the FF logo.

Two of his first cousins, Barry Andrews and Chris Andrews are Fianna Fáil TDs. His grandfather, Todd Andrews, was a prominent associate of Fianna Fáil founder Éamon de Valera.
No, there is obviously a terrible conflict of interest, considering the Late Late Show is the flagship, where all the main decisions affecting the country are made :rolleyes:

Isn't Jow Duffay a Labour man though? Not that I would hold it against him as I think he is reasonably balanced and does a pretty good job, but that's just me.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies