• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

is it time to bring the city of dublin to a standstill to force a general election?

charley

i have come to the conclusion that the only way to force an election is to bring the city of dublin to a complete standstill, the people must blockade dublin port,dublin airport and the m50,mass protest on all main routes into the city,block access to all the shopping centres and government offices demand cowen and his cronies resign and hold a general election.

Newsy

i have come to the conclusion that the only way to force an election is to bring the city of dublin to a complete standstill, the people must blockade dublin port,dublin airport and the m50,mass protest on all main routes into the city,block access to all the shopping centres and government offices demand cowen and his cronies resign and hold a general election.
Now your talkin'.......once it is kept peaceful.

I'm there with ya.

I am so sick and deeply saddened to see how this country is going....

The country is in deep trouble, not just economically, with NO proactive action being taken by our gov.

LDF

That sounds like a normal day in Dublin to be honest. Dublin on its best day reminds me of the fall of Saigon.

charley

if we can peacefully blockade the whole city into shutdown ,they'll have to pay attention to what the people want,don't let their followers incite any violence

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
No.

Political strikes are neither democratic nor likely to produce governments with the gumption to face up to particular vested interests (viz. public service workers and the trade unions*).

I'd like to see the Government being brought down by being defeated in the Dáil. And the sooner the better.

*Public service defenders please note, I'm not suggesting that these are the only vested interests likely to need facing down, just that they are an important part of the mix.

CorkHurler

You could start in the hills of donegal and report back to us on how you get on.

Newsy

if we can peacefully blockade the whole city into shutdown ,they'll have to pay attention to what the people want,don't let their followers incite any violence
Exactly. No need for violence.....but the people need to be heard and it hasn't really been happening.

ARE WE MEN/WOMEN......OR ARE WE MICE?????

FakeViking

Did you listen to Liveline today? It was proof at how successful the strategy of dividing Public and Private sector workers has been. Lendahand's spin doctors must have been chuffed. But who looses? We all do.

Sync

Exactly. No need for violence.....but the people need to be heard and it hasn't really been happening.
They're heard every 4 years through representative elections. Silly thread.

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
Did you listen to Liveline today? It was proof at how successful the strategy of dividing Public and Private sector workers has been. Lendahand's spin doctors must have been chuffed. But who looses? We all do.
Indeed.

A general strike would be the best possible boost to FF.

Everyone would be point the finger at the Public Service instead of at them.

Newsy

Exactly, we all loose.

We need to really get our act together, not be used by spin to divide us.

Newsy

FakeViking

It's a matter of getting more Govt backbenchers to desert the ship. They know they'll be contaminated by association with the worst Govt in the history of the state, so hopefully more of them will do a Joe Behan and quit over some minor issue to try and put some clear water between themselves and the senior flunkies in Cabinet.

Newsy

Do you have a dream or a political strategy?
What I have is a passion for my country. We are being divided in such a way that is very distructive.

I work in the private sector......my brother works in the public sector.....how many families are like that all around this country......dividing families.....dividing neighbours......dividing communities.......and so it continues, on and on and on........in the meantime, 500 jobs are lost here......300 hundred jobs lost there......interest rates going up on people who are being divided from the rest of the communities.

The public/private......these are all PEOPLE.....but we dehumanise them by sticking labels on them and then we beat them with sticks and demonise them.......and in the meantime, our country is going down the tubes.

Newsy

It's a matter of getting more Govt backbenchers to desert the ship. They know they'll be contaminated by association with the worst Govt in the history of the state, so hopefully more of them will do a Joe Behan and quit over some minor issue to try and put some clear water between themselves and the senior flunkies in Cabinet.
Didn't Joe Behan vote for the last budget.....to take money from the blind......?

Newsy

FakeViking

So they have an election.
Fine Gael wins.
Then what?
Then we have a Govt with a mandate. The current shower can't change tack because that would be an admission that they CAUSED the problems. Hence all the "blame Lehman's" waffle.

Fantasia

I expect then it will only FG and Labour who will bus THEIR supporters up to Dublin for the riots.