Is Joe Duffy's Whine-line just a distraction to let people vent and feel like they've done something?

fat finger

Joe giving a French monk a very hard time on the radio right now, Joe seems to really hate the church, but lets others do the kicking for him, he really is a piece of work

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
A former Garda was also on the programme today and said that around that time, the Gardai was infiltrated by "sinister organisations" linked to the RCC.
I doubt the full story of just how rotten the AGS were with 'Knights of Columbanus' and other such grandiose sounding church networks will ever emerge.

Mainly because the AGS and such groups share a talent for record destruction and mysterious loss that could only be rivalled by private shredding and file disposal companies.

There is clear evidence of a senior garda officer stationed in Wexford who blatantly removed files from Garda filing systems around the issues which emerged from the Ferns enquiries.

It is within the last ten years that a Garda Commissioner declared that there would be no file sent to the DPP. No reason for this peculiar and pretty bang-to-rights case not being pursued was given, nor has any journo followed this up.

Catholic lay groups within the AGS at work within the last ten years.

Bea C

I've had to turn liveline off anyway, cause I'm in the office, but listening to that type of deluded mammy screech in defence of her darling little son would prompt me to break the phone anyway.
It's always somebody else's fault.
She reminds me of why I ran screaming from teaching after a year of torture.

redneck

Here are some topics I would like to see Liveline cover:
Liveline does some good shows, and Mr Duffy has done well in life, coming from a disadvantaged area and climbing to the top in RTE. But anyway here goes:
RTE personel and their flaws.
Tax evasion among the biggest earning stars in RTE
The 160 e licence fee- is it worth it?
RTE current affairs dept: is it run by Fine Gael
Anti Americanism in RTE
Anti Republican forces eg Mi5, DUP involvement in an Irish media and RTE .
Finally lack of Gaeilge in RTE.

SuirView

Liveline does some good shows, and Mr Duffy has done well in life, coming from a disadvantaged area and climbing to the top in RTE. But anyway here goes:
Anti Americanism in RTE
You want Liveliness to discuss,
"RTE personnel and their flaws"!
Are you serious?

Emily Davison

I've had to turn liveline off anyway, cause I'm in the office, but listening to that type of deluded mammy screech in defence of her darling little son would prompt me to break the phone anyway.
It's always somebody else's fault.
She reminds me of why I ran screaming from teaching after a year of torture.
We specifically downloaded that one to listen to on a long car journey. It was hilarious. I loved the bit at the beginning when Joe asked the boy as gaelige ‘what happened’ and depite being three times in the Gaeltacht he misunderstood the question to be ‘how are you.’

Poor lad with no food or drink all day on the train back to Dublin. Given only a bottle of water and had to buy his own sandwich.

Last edited:

Emily Davison

Anti Americanism in RTE
Joe was trying his best Irish out a week ago. How did you miss that.

Bea C

We specifically downloaded that one to listen to on a long car journey. It was hilarious. I loved the bit at the beginning when Joe asked the boy as gaelige ‘what happened’ and depicted being three tines in the Gaeltacht he misunderstood the question to be ‘how are you.’

Poor lad with no food or drink all day on the train back to Dublin. Given only a bottle of water and had to buy his own sandwich.
That was very funny, I got a laugh out of that myself.

redneck

We specifically downloaded that one to listen to on a long car journey. It was hilarious. I loved the bit at the beginning when Joe asked the boy as gaelige ‘what happened’ and depicted being three tines in the Gaeltacht he misunderstood the question to be ‘how are you.’

And "depicted" being 3 times in Gaeltacht. I presume you mean despite.

Emily Davison

That was very funny, I got a laugh out of that myself.
And you know my Irish is particularly bad but I still understood that!

You should have listened to the end it was a cracker. They even managed to get some women on defending the poor boy. For balance. I paused it the car a few times in order to get the children’s opinion on the matter. It made the journey very enjoyable as we got stuck in traffic.

If I’d been the Fear an Ti it would be worse than a curse word he’d get out of me for leaving the house. Imagine how the mother would have reacted if anything had happened to him.

Anti Americanism in RTE
Start a thread on each of them. Don't think you'd get very far on 'Anti Americanism in RTE' in fairness.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies