Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Joschka

Website
www.gruene.de

green

Website
www.younggreens.ie
What a non-issue. The SPD are at their highest level of public support since the 2002 election (which they would have lost were it not for Scroeder's refusal to back Bush's war). Schroeder's welfare reform policies seem to be gaining some measure of public support, which should hopefully combat the abominable unemployment rate.

It's disappointing the Greens are down even one per cent but if this Bloomberg article is to be believed (always a risky strategy) it's not that surprising and they should recover. Even at 8%, they're one of the strongest Green parties in Europe.

Shepherd

Anyone who ever saw JF's speech to the Bundesrat on why Germany had to help in the liberation of Kosovo (No more Auschwitzes!) should regard him as a great European and a great humanitarian.

I wish our greens were as good as him!

I vote nein.

Libero

We don't like impersonation around these parts, Joschka :| I've had to edit the thread title, too.

I know the real JF well enough to state that he would never ask in public about his own resignation. Too much ego.
Best thing he can do now is try to make amends for his visa directive screw-up. The Germans tend to be mature enough to appreciate a politician making up for his mistakes.

Libero

watch-this-drive said:
I like Joschka, I think he should stay
Who said he has to go?

AFAIK, he's free to go on calling himself Joschka. It's just that thread titles like "Am I finished" can cause confusion.

Especially to delicate minds like that of CJH. Look, his little head was spinning... :(

stannis

I'm new here so I was confused as hell by this... What's going on with the real J Fischer?

eurocrat

Wow, imagine the 'Crats excitement when he saw a thread this morning about German politics that he hadn't started himself!

By the way I am not joscka, in case any of you are wondering. I would rely on Blomberg for my coverage of german politics.

I was going to start a thread about the latest opinion poll in Germany but since my previous attmepts to start a discousre on bundespolitk had been largley unfruitful, I declined.

I think Josckas problems are being over estimated. While his popularity slipped he is still germany's second most popular candidate (the convservative president of Lower Saxony has over taken him, a guy called Christian Wulff). Joscka had been Germany's most popular polititon for the last three years.

In the most recent state election the green support remained unchanged. A the opinion national poll saw them drop within the marginal of error. (one poll showed them at 11% another at 9%)

I would disagree with Green that Schroeder party the SPD are gaining popularity. I have no idea where he got that idea from. The SPD have seen their vote slip in the last ten set of regional elections. Although the rate of that decrease is declining it it still impossible to see Schroeder hanging onto power. We shouldn't over look the fact that after the election in Nord-Rhine/Westphalen the CDU/FPD will after a two third majority in the Bundesrat, enough the block any legistalion they want.
Green also claimed they were more popualr now than at any point since the 2002 election. Again I don't know hwat he is baising this on, but he i incorrect. The SPD enjoyed 34% support in Jan, this is now down 2% to 32%.

Here is the most recent opinion poll:
(courtesy of ZDF, Gemanys answer to RTE2)

earthfirst

Shepherd said:
Anyone who ever saw JF's speech to the Bundesrat on why Germany had to help in the liberation of Kosovo (No more Auschwitzes!) should regard him as a great European and a great humanitarian.
Anyone who is aware of all the facts that have come out since should regard him as a great liar and a great fraud.

http://pilger.carlton.com/print/133403

Libero

Joschka said:
I am a very humble foreign minister, thank you very much 'libero'.
That's cool, Herr Fischer. Welcome to the site.

Just one thing: as a moderator, I can see the email address used to register your username. I guess you could say you're closer to Belfield than Berlin.

Anyways, best of luck with your Economics/Schizophrenia studies :wink:

apkavanagh

Libero said:
Joschka said:
I am a very humble foreign minister, thank you very much 'libero'.
Just one thing: as a moderator, I can see the email address used to register your username. I guess you could say you're closer to Belfield than Berlin
Mein gott, has Joschka become a PD? :shock: Noooooooooooooooo!!!
BTW, as far as I can recall the Greens weren't doing that well in the polls before the 2002 elections but then they increased their vote in those elections and were largely responsible for the re-election of the SPD/Budnis 90-Die Grunen coalition government.

Joschka

Website
www.gruene.de
No seriously, I was throwing it out to see what people thought. Obviously I couldn't resign over something like this. I could never leave office over a zenophobic opposition getting desperate. All the same, I wanted to guage the reaction of the Irish Europeans :)

Lilac

Website
www.patriota.pl
Deutschland really suffers from an economical disaster and if this problem doesn't get solved as soon as possible, I see black for Germany.
5. 2 Million of unemployment is a number that really shocks.
However, Joschka, you are certainly not the right person for that job.
I call for CDU!

rajaton

Lilac said:
Deutschland really suffers from an economical disaster and if this problem doesn't get solved as soon as possible, I see black for Germany.
5. 2 Million of unemployment is a number that really shocks.
However, Joschka, you are certainly not the right person for that job.
I call for CDU!
Fat lot of good CDU-CSU would do Ms Lilac. No good at getting elected, no good in government. Look at Schroder trying to push through reforms, one of which is the entitlement package to young couples worth about €30k. The CDU opposes cutting back on this! Hypocrites the lot of them Lilac and you too :lol:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies