Is Kevin Kiely trying to sink FG TD Kieran O'Donnell?

williewatch

Kevin Kiely is continuing his campaign to be added to the Limerick FG ticket for the general election.

At the moment sitting FG TDs Kieran O'Donnell & Michael Noonan have been selected to run. FG head office are insisting that there should only be two candidates.

Clearly both candidates have a very good chance of being elected and Kevin Kiely would have no chance.

Even sombody like Kevin Kiely must recognise that he is a no hoper.

So, whats going on here?

Well I suppose the reason that Kiely is being supported by Limerick FG councillors is because they need his support for voting pacts, distribution of the mayorality and other paid positions. Anyway, they probably feel (hope) that head office will take no notice of their appeal.

What about Kiely? Whats his game? He surely knows that he will have no chance & could possibly cost FG their second seat...so why is he doing this? perhaps he feels that he could be a long term winner if FG lose the seat?

In my opinion, one possible reason is that he knows if Kieran O'Donnell loses his seat that he is unlikely to run in this constituency again, thereby giving Kiely (in his own imagination at least) the chance of making the FG ticket next time around. So, is this in effect a long term plan by Kiely for the election after this?

Only problem with my conjecture is that I doubt if Kiely would be able to work this out for himself, which begs another question....

Last edited:

ymmek

Kevin Kiely is continuing his campaign to be added to the Limerick FG ticket for the general election.

At the moment sitting FG TDs Kieran O'Donnell & Michael Noonan have been selected to run. FG head office are insisting that there should only be two candidates.

Clearly both candidates have a very good chance of being elected and Kevin Kiely would have no chance.

Even sombody like Kevin Kiely must recognise that he is a no hoper.

So, whats going on here?

Well I suppose the reason that Kiely is being supported by Limerick FG councillors is because they need his support for voting pacts, distribution of the mayorality and other paid positions. Anyway, they probably feel (hope) that head office will take no notice of their appeal.

What about Kiely? Whats his game? He surely knows that he will have no chance & could possibly cost FG their second seat...so why is he doing this? perhaps he feels that he could be a long term winner if FG lose the seat?

In my opinion, one possible reason is that he knows if Kieran O'Donnell loses his seat that he is unlikely to run in this constituency again, thereby giving Kiely (in his own imagination at least) the chance of making the FG ticket next time around. So, is this in effect a long term plan by Kiely for the election after this?

Only problem with my conjecture is that I doubt if Kiely would be able to work this out for himself, which begs another question....
You are right Kiely is a no hoper.But what about the bunch of clowns who are pretending they want Kiely added? They are well aware Kiely will not be added and are saying privately that they are only humouring him.The 2nd FG seat may be under threat from Joe Leddin but putting Kiely on the ticket would not make any difference.The FG party in limerick is all over the place at the moment and seems to be made up of a bunch of me feiners who hardly speak to each other,they have bought a little time with this cynical stunt but its only a matter of time before the hapless Kiely cops on and then the brown stuff will hit the fan.

making waves

Kiely is a buffoon and if Kenny cannot recognise that he is a very poor judge of character.

His antics are more of a suck up to Noonan than anything else - FG aren't exactly one happy family in Limerick.

Skyrocket

Didn't O' Donnell oppose Kenny in the leadership heave? Maybe some Kenny loyalists see the upcoming election as a chance to settle some scores

williewatch

It wouldn't be about a Seanad nod after the election by any chance?
Surely he has lost any chance of that after the disaster of his period as mayor of Limerick?

Nobody I know has much respect for his political abilities. Mind you, has has couple of cheerleaders among those who consider themselves (nobody else does) to be opinion makers in the local media.

Last edited:

JoeHickey

If Kiely were to run for FG it would be embarrassing for them nationally, he is such a buffoon. But locally yemmek is right, this is all about internal FG politics and mayors/chairs jobs etc..... Senate seat? Gawd help us?

williewatch

If Kiely were to run for FG it would be embarrassing for them nationally, he is such a buffoon. But locally yemmek is right, this is all about internal FG politics and mayors/chairs jobs etc..... Senate seat? Gawd help us?
You are probably right.

Its probably granting Kiely too much credit to suggest that he is playing a long term strategy. More than likely this is about extracting some grubby little job promise from the FG national leadership in exchange for getting off their back.

But a Senate seat as his price to shut the **** up?. LOL. I was thinking some part time Quango membership with plenty of mileage allowance as his price.

Buddies

I know it's been said but surely the Seanad is gone after this election?

Also, Kiely isn't what this island needs in a time of calm!

But then, what does Leddin offer as a legislator, other than that his family once had a minister as he so oft reminds the people? Is he still draining the taxpayer on 2 fronts?

Is O' Donnell really in this much trouble?

ymmek

I know it's been said but surely the Seanad is gone after this election?

Also, Kiely isn't what this island needs in a time of calm!

But then, what does Leddin offer as a legislator, other than that his family once had a minister as he so oft reminds the people? Is he still draining the taxpayer on 2 fronts?

Is O' Donnell really in this much trouble?
I dont know what you mean by the "is odonnell in this much trouble" line.Iam not sure anybody suggested he was and i notice you do not criticise him for referring to his own political pedigree every so often.What does Leddin offer as a legislator you ask and honestly i dont know,but if he brings the same grasp and understanding he has shown on the city council to the dail then we will be well served.He must be doing something right as he headed the poll at the last local election beating a number of high profile FG candidates and helping lab win a 2nd seat.FG Now understand that he poses a real threat to one of the seats they hold and maybe they are a little worried.

Last edited:

Buddies

I dont know what you mean by the "is odonnell in this much trouble" line.Iam not sure anybody suggested he was and i notice you do not criticise him for referring to his own political pedigree every so often.What does Leddin offer as a legislator you ask and honestly i dont know,but if he brings the same grasp and understanding he has shown on the city council to the dail then we will be well served.He must be doing something right as he headed the poll at the last local election beating a number of high profile FG candidates and helping lab win a 2nd seat.FG Now understand that he poses a real threat to one of the seats they hold and maybe they are a little worried.
You never answered me as to whether he is still a darian on the taxpayer by drawing two or three salaried positions from 'People'?

He isn't really left-wing at all!(Traditional music concert weekend ? up and down in one day? 1000É)

I agree he is a Good local councillor, he wipes the floor in terms of hard-work and ethics when you hold him up against Kiely or Long , even Scully these days seems to have fallen by the wayside

He is far better than the two Lockeys(Bungalow and Bungalette)

So yea, I have been reading this site for a while and you seem to be a Leddin or one of his mates, and I'm genuine about this; I will 99% be voting Labour 1 and 2, but I am sure he'd prefer my no;1

Hit me with some reasons

'orebel

williewatch

Any word yet on how Kiely got on with FG head office?

As if I couldn't guess :)

This guy is a total irrelevancy trying to bluster himself into some kind of pay off from the FG leadership. His one negotiating strength is his perceived ability to damage the FG Limerick general election campaign. Does he honestly think that the FG leadership will even take his calls after the election?

The FG leadership should grow some balls, call Kiely's bluff & tell him to f*** off & run as an independent if he wants.

Personally speaking the two candidates 100% guaranteed to get no preferences from me are Limerick's Jedward, O'Dea & Kiely.

Last edited:

ymmek

You never answered me as to whether he is still a darian on the taxpayer by drawing two or three salaried positions from 'People'?

He isn't really left-wing at all!(Traditional music concert weekend ? up and down in one day? 1000É)

I agree he is a Good local councillor, he wipes the floor in terms of hard-work and ethics when you hold him up against Kiely or Long , even Scully these days seems to have fallen by the wayside

He is far better than the two Lockeys(Bungalow and Bungalette)

So yea, I have been reading this site for a while and you seem to be a Leddin or one of his mates, and I'm genuine about this; I will 99% be voting Labour 1 and 2, but I am sure he'd prefer my no;1

Hit me with some reasons
As you say yourself ethics and hard work,i can assure you i am not a Leddin and i will not suggest which of the labour candidates should get your number 1.Leddin is still working with Jan OSullivan and he is taking leave of absence without pay at the end of the year.He is a sitting cllr but does not have any other job to my knowledge.In my opinion he will make a good td,but people will decide whether or not he makes it to the dail.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies