Is Liam Neeson a racist?

Beachcomber

Yes, he voted for Trump and Brexit.
He has also had a go at "political correctness" a few times.

It may be that he used this interview to vent about something that has been on his mind for a long time.

Is he an angry white man who feels the need to vent, even if he hasn't been directly questioned about something?

Niall996

If he's not racist then why does he not break down black people into groups according to their nationality?

He does this for white people.

He doesn't appear to have thought along the lines of "now was this black person from England, or the USA, or Jamaica, or Kenya, or South Africa?". No - he simply went out looking for a black person to harm.

And how exactly would he know a Lithuanian from a Pole, or from a Ukrainian if he simply went out onto the streets looking for a member of one of these supposedly identifiable groups? He'd be able to spot white people, just as he'd be able to spot black people.
You know what he means.

OrderoftheDragon

I wasn't born in the ROI.

I'm British.
Then you certainly won't get it , once you go outside the bubble of the Irish media, quangoland and ngo ville, the Irish people at heart are inherently racist, but then most Irish people would be of the opinion that there is nothing wrong with looking after your own.

Why do you think the plantation is being scattered to the four corners of Ireland ?

JimmyFoley

That's exactly what he was thinking. I'm not defending the guy, I've always thought he was overrated. My point is that any black man would do, that's if you believe his story and to be honest, I'm not entirely sure that I do. But hey, he's on the front page of pretty much every newspaper and all over social media.
What's not to believe?!

He was going to *kill* a black man, but he wouldn't have started or provoked the confrontation. That wouldn't be cricket. :rolleyes:

Beachcomber

Why don't I believe him? Coz if you actually seriously wanted to kill a black man, you'd hardly wait for some 'provocation', would you? You'd just attack him or instigate a confrontation.

And you certainly wouldn't go through such idiocy for a week.

Neeson mentioned honour in the interview, so presumably he "only" wanted to harm a black man who deserved it, as opposed to just "any" black man. Presumably that's how he rationalized it to himself - that only bad black men would confront him.

There's a bit of the "Death Wish" about this. In that movie the character that Charles Bronson plays doesn't go after just anyone in revenge - he makes sure that he only harms those who confront him, since that confirms that they are bad and are deserving of being hurt.

Lagertha

He has also had a go at "political correctness" a few times.

It may be that he used this interview to vent about something that has been on his mind for a long time.

Is he an angry white man who feels the need to vent, even if he hasn't been directly questioned about something?
A lot of people who would have described themselves as being liberal no longer consider themselves liberal because they are sick and tired of n'er do wells using race, religion and gender as an excuse for personal failure and blaming men, especially white men, for those failings. All this bullsh1t of #Meetoo etc is is an opportunity for Hollywood's elite actresses whose looks are failing and whose directorial offerings are sub par, to get their projects to the fore on the back of women from lower income brackets.

Also, having your ass pinched is unpleasant, invasive and a scummy thing to do, but it isn't sexual assault and people who say otherwise are belittling the experiences of women who have been raped/sexually assaulted. If I sound cynical it's because I am cynical. There was a time when I would have been a live and let live kind of gal, now I'm sick and tired of the retards and deviants and failures trying to dictate to the rest of the world. Not all lives matter and nobody really cares.

Beachcomber

What's not to believe?!

He was going to *kill* a black man, but he wouldn't have started or provoked the confrontation. That wouldn't be cricket. :rolleyes:

Correct - that's the "honour" thing that he mentioned.

owedtojoy

He's talking about something that happened 40 years ago, so I would say he was racist then but he seems to know better now.
There is a view that he is appealing to the emotive racist to come to his movie. "White women in danger!" is one of the strongest racist memes around.

Like you, I think Neeson is a bit "When I was young and stupid, I was young and stupid .... " But it was also stupid the say what he did without any forethought.

Pity about Neeson ... he started as a good actor, then turned into a B-movie action hero doing it by the numbers. Schindler's List is a long way behind him in more ways than one.

Beachcomber

A lot of people who would have described themselves as being liberal no longer consider themselves liberal because they are sick and tired of n'er do wells using race, religion and gender as an excuse for personal failure and blaming men, especially white men, for those failings. All this bullsh1t of #Meetoo etc is is an opportunity for Hollywood's elite actresses whose looks are failing and whose directorial offerings are sub par, to get their projects to the fore on the back of women from lower income brackets.

Also, having your ass pinched is unpleasant, invasive and a scummy thing to do, but it isn't sexual assault and people who say otherwise are belittling the experiences of women who have been raped/sexually assaulted. If I sound cynical it's because I am cynical. There was a time when I would have been a live and let live kind of gal, now I'm sick and tired of the retards and deviants and failures trying to dictate to the rest of the world. Not all lives matter and nobody really cares.

So if I pinched your ass on the street you'd be OK with it?

Beachcomber

What 'ism' was it when the British drove into Croke Park and mowed down footballers and civilians?
It was revenge for what had happened that morning.

There was a war on you know.

owedtojoy

Neeson mentioned honour in the interview, so presumably he "only" wanted to harm a black man who deserved it, as opposed to just "any" black man. Presumably that's how he rationalized it to himself - that only bad black men would confront him.

There's a bit of the "Death Wish" about this. In that movie the character that Charles Bronson plays doesn't go after just anyone in revenge - he makes sure that he only harms those who confront him, since that confirms that they are bad and are deserving of being hurt.
So he hung around a place black people would be, parading a "f**k you" attitude.

It used to be called "coat dragging" in the old days of Irish faction-fighting.

Buchaill Dana

Talk about missing the point.

And that is neeson seems to think he is in one of his films.

Beachcomber

There is a view that he is appealing to the emotive racist to come to his movie. "White women in danger!" is one of the strongest racist memes around.

Like you, I think Neeson is a bit "When I was young and stupid, I was young and stupid .... " But it was also stupid the say what he did without any forethought.

Pity about Neeson ... he started as a good actor, then turned into a B-movie action hero doing it by the numbers. Schindler's List is a long way behind him in more ways than one.

Now that's an interesting view.

Niall996

It was revenge for what had happened that morning.

There was a war on you know.
Exactly. They decided to just go and kill some 'Oirish' people. And they went through with it. Your support for the murders is noted.

benroe

Of course he's racist, he's white isn't he.

JimmyFoley

Correct - that's the "honour" thing that he mentioned.
Yeah, coz killing someone who comes out a pub and says something nasty or provocative to you is honourable. And how hard would it have been to find one black person who'd have said something to him in that period?!

Seriously, how do people fall for such shìte?! He's an actor, the most pretentious, self absorbed, fame-obsessed, and self aggrandizing bunch of wànkers on this planet. You'd swear they're coming up with a cure for cancer or something.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies