Is Liam Neeson a racist?

petaljam

There is a view that he is appealing to the emotive racist to come to his movie. "White women in danger!" is one of the strongest racist memes around.

Like you, I think Neeson is a bit "When I was young and stupid, I was young and stupid .... " But it was also stupid the say what he did without any forethought.

Pity about Neeson ... he started as a good actor, then turned into a B-movie action hero doing it by the numbers. Schindler's List is a long way behind him in more ways than one.
Agreed.

I saw him in the Guildhall in Derry when he was part of the Field Day company, they did Chekhov as well as Brian Friel's stuff, of course, the first plays I ever saw in my life, so I have a soft spot for Liam Neeson despite some of the absolute sh1te he has both done and come out with since then. Done mostly, TBH, rather than said.

Still, (assuming the events are real) I'm struck that in the outrage about his non-attack on black men, nobody here seems to wonder about how the woman he took it on himself to "avenge" may feel about this all coming out now, and indeed I wonder if it was ever his business in the first place - and who he was really avenging.

JimmyFoley

Agreed.

I saw him in the Guildhall in Derry when he was part of the Field Day company, they did Chekhov as well as Brian Friel's stuff, of course, the first plays I ever saw in my life, so I have a soft spot for Liam Neeson despite some of the absolute sh1te he has both done and come out with since then. Done mostly, TBH, rather than said.

Still, (assuming the events are real) I'm struck that in the outrage about his non-attack on black men, nobody here seems to wonder about the woman he took it on himself to "avenge". I wonder how she feels about this coming out now, and indeed I wonder if it was ever his business in the first place, and who he was really avenging.
(Conveniently) She's dead, according to Liam Wallace.

Anyway, at least he was one of the first to see the benefits of power walking...

Beachcomber

A lot of people who would have described themselves as being liberal no longer consider themselves liberal because they are sick and tired of n'er do wells using race, religion and gender as an excuse for personal failure and blaming men, especially white men, for those failings. All this bullsh1t of #Meetoo etc is is an opportunity for Hollywood's elite actresses whose looks are failing and whose directorial offerings are sub par, to get their projects to the fore on the back of women from lower income brackets.

Also, having your ass pinched is unpleasant, invasive and a scummy thing to do, but it isn't sexual assault and people who say otherwise are belittling the experiences of women who have been raped/sexually assaulted. If I sound cynical it's because I am cynical. There was a time when I would have been a live and let live kind of gal, now I'm sick and tired of the retards and deviants and failures trying to dictate to the rest of the world. Not all lives matter and nobody really cares.

Those people are self-declared "progressives", not liberals.

They are not liberal in any way.

Using the word liberal to describe these self-declared "progressives" is just laziness that started in the US.

Beachcomber

Yeah, coz killing someone who comes out a pub and says something nasty or provocative to you is honourable. And how hard would it have been to find one black person who'd have said something to him in that period?!

Seriously, how do people fall for such shìte?! He's an actor, the most pretentious, self absorbed, fame-obsessed, and self aggrandizing bunch of wànkers on this planet. You'd swear they're coming up with a cure for cancer or something.

That's what Neeson is saying.

Nobody forced him to say it, but he felt some need to say it.

He thought that it would honourable to kill any bad black man in revenge for what happened to his friend.

between the bridges

Yawn, Hard man actor, makes hard man comment, while promoting new hard man film, who knows it might even be half true...

Niall996

Where did I show support?
You added a little unnecessary and snide 'there a war on you know' as if going to a football match to murder random innocent civilians of any age or creed was in any way remotely an act of war and therefore by your sick logic somehow justified. You can wriggle all you like.

D

Deleted member 45466

Is Liam Neeson a racist?

He made some "unforced" comments during a media interview in which he was promoting his new movie. The new movie is tale of revenge, and Neeson told the interviewer about something that he had never declared publicly before - admitting that he once set out to kill any black man who provoked him.

"He had said he walked the streets with a weapon around 40 years ago, hoping to take out his anger after someone close to him was raped by a black man.".

Is this evidence of racism, or is it what Neeson claims - that "he wanted his original comments to start a wider conversation about racism"?

Liam Neeson says he's 'not racist' after controversial interview - BBC News

"Asked what he wanted people to learn from his experience, he told the host: "To talk. To open up.

We all pretend we're all politically correct in this country...in mine, too. You sometimes just scratch the surface and you discover this racism and bigotry and it's there." "
A pathetic attempt to draw publicity for another shyte movie?

D

Deleted member 45466

Channel 4 News talking about this. Cathy Newman going full cultural marxist.. 'Aren't we being racist even when we're not racist.. we're unconsciouslessly racist.'

:roll:

Yesterday they had a go at journalist Rod Liddle who wrote a column about how absent fathers are contributing to the violent deaths of young blacks in London.

Basically something that is 100% true. C4 News invited a panel of young blacks on to talk about how he was 'deeply ignorant'.
Please Flav, they're called "people of colour".

Telstar 62

Irish libtards would be in complete meltdown, if Neeson was a Brit or Yank. :wink:

But since he's an 'Irish hero' - there's been an inundation of excuses for the tool. :rolleyes2:

rainmaker

Administrator
All real Irish people are racist, most of you here are just pretend Irish people......in fact many of you are overtly anti Irish, even though you were probably born here, there's a special word for you !.
There's a special word for people like you too...

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies