Is original thinking a requirement for political leadership ?

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
Well in business it is,mostly senior leaders are quite bright and creative. From what I see of Irish politics, conservatism and risk avoidance are de rigeur, one must be a "man of the people"

cYp

kerdasi amaq

It's a handicap in seeking election to political office, as the foreign financiers, who think that they own this island and that the people who live here should pay them rent* for the privilege, don't like it. What they want are politicians who let the bankers and their bad advice merchants do the thinking for them.

*a.k.a the interest on the national debt.

TonyBird

Well in business it is,mostly senior leaders are quite bright and creative. From what I see of Irish politics, conservatism and risk avoidance are de rigeur, one must be a "man of the people"

cYp

Yer havin a laff ! Name a few of these 'original ,bright creative' types. Busted ones dont count ! As for Irish (financial) 'conservatism and risk avoidance' !
:lol::lol::lol:
What planet are you on ?

In financial terms , FF were bloody 'nihilist anarchists' not 'conservatives' !

Last edited:

Prester Jim

cYp
here is a nice little study examining politicians of different professions (some) with the amount of reform they bring about when in power.

HTML:
http://congress.utu.fi/epcs2006/docs/A6_lamla.pdf
interesting that the level of reform is greatest for scientists after they study the situation for a period where entrepeneurs are quicker to initiate change, be cuurious to see which type of reform is more successful.
also interesting that the reformers are usually left wing from business. perhaps the altruistic ones are the ones who actually want to improve society and the right wing more to feather their own nest like so many Irish businessman-politicians.
not enough data on type of or success/failure of reform or other professions though.

Last edited:

Aindriu

If it is, we are truly screwed with our current bunch of morons and muppets :(

Oppenheimer

I would be satisfied if there was evidence of thinking, irrespective of its classification. If there is any thinking going on it is not being coordinated by the leader.

eoghanacht

cYp
Admit it Cyp, you deem anyone not educated in Blackrock, gonzaga or old wes as gibbering idiots incapable of anything meaningful and as such should be barred from holding any office above street cleaner.

I read something here the other day and it's very apt when it comes to you. About how the rich view society as something they have to wade through on a night out.

It must be terrible for you. Still wasn't it socrates who said something about intelligent being ruled by their inferiors. I might have known that if my parents could have afforded a private school education for me.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies