• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Is the attempted Galway inquiry fix the end of bufoon Reilly?

leftsoc

This is a political thread, nothing to do with abortion debate, so pro-lifers go elsewhere please to discuss angels on a pin (Reilly's attempted fix was not done in the interests of your cause anyway).

There is a psychological condition called the 'Dilbert syndrome' that describes a type familiar to us all , especially in the corporate world, of a complete fool who thinks he is the messiah, and who rises on the back of his/her deluded self-belief. Psychologists tell us that it the very cognitive disabilities that make them foolish, that also make them blind to their own disability.

Reilly is the greatest example that has blundered into Irish politics since ...... You fill it. Pauraig Flynn? Ivor Callelly?

Reilly's vast arrogant ego hides the otherwise obvious fact that he is a fool. We are told in the media of his intelligence all the time, in spite of the only evidence we have being to the contrary ,ie the constant ****-ups he has made in Health (is he the only 'entrepreneur' who has actually lost money in the nursing home 'business'?).

As VB points out in the IT , how could anyone have imagined packing the inquiry with Galway consultants and HSE people could have been acceptable to anyone?

Reilly promised a world class inquiry and then he produced this. How could anyone trust a secret inquiry when the objective of its creators was so blatantly obvious? Does Reilly live in a bubble of consultant buddies? Has he no idea how the rest of the people see them?

He has shamed the country around the world again. When we should have been humbly apologising and grovelling, he arrogantly attempted an old fashioned stroke in support of his buddies.

In the name of God go! Have you no shame?

Sadly we know the answer.

/MOD/ This thread merged here: http://www.politics.ie/forum/oireachtas/201124-would-reilly-still-minister-any-other-european-country.html /MOD/

Last edited by a moderator:

B

Boggle

I really thought Reilly would do a good job.
I really think I may have been/be a fool.

unfortunately most of the current crop of TDs are there through sheer force of the Dilbert/Peter/Dolson principles. not a single statesman (or woman) among them

Bren Boru

I really thought Reilly would do a good job.
I really think I may have been/be a fool.
I also thought Reilly had what it took. Now I think he is a liability.

But no-one wins in an abortion debate. And no Minister for Health ever wins.

Levellers

He's a much bigger clown than I ever imagined.

He makes some of the FF shower look half way competent.

Watcher2

The medical community always looks after themselves. It was that way even before Reilly. And I'm no fan of that dirty fat sod. But look at the Professor Shine case in Drogheda. There were enquiries into hios behaviour and he was passed fine.

Unfortunately for the family of that poor woman, it doesn't matter who is on the enquiry board, I'll be very surprised if any proper negative findings a brought to bear on the medical "professionals" involved.

daveL

I also thought Reilly had what it took. Now I think he is a liability.

But no-one wins in an abortion debate. And no Minister for Health ever wins.
he was failing long before this abortion issue...

GDPR

This is a political thread, nothing to do with abortion debate, so pro-lifers go elsewhere please to discuss angels on a pin (Reilly's attempted fix was not done in the interests of your cause anyway).
I offer you a deal which I believe would be acceptable to the pro life camp.

If the just throw it in the bin, it's nothing really type agree to stay away as well, I think agreement could be reached.

In such an event, would you still be able to continue posting yourself?

damus

Does anybody know what Reilly's own personal opinions are on abortion? Is he pro-choice or pro-life?

Asparagus

Having a consultant as the minister of health is like having a russian as minister of foreign affairs or an afghanistani as minister for defence.

firefly123

I believe it's called health minister syndrome. You could put nelson Mandela and roosevelts love child in a health minister and they would implode in months. It's a radioactive poisoned chalice!

damus

Having a consultant as the minister of health is like having a russian as minister of foreign affairs or an afghanistani as minister for defence.
He never made it to consultant....he's a GP.

emulator

He's only a GP. There'd be no stopping him if he was a consultant....

EvotingMachine0197

There is a psychological condition called the 'Dilbert syndrome' that describes a type familiar to us all , especially in the corporate world, of a complete fool who thinks he is the messiah, and who rises on the back of his/her deluded self-belief. Psychologists tell us that it the very cognitive disabilities that make them foolish, that also make them blind to their own disability.

Reilly is the greatest example that has blundered into Irish politics since ...... You fill it. Pauraig Flynn? Ivor Callelly?

Reilly's vast arrogant ego hides the otherwise obvious fact that he is a fool. We are told in the media of his intelligence all the time, in spite of the only evidence we have being to the contrary ,ie the constant ****-ups he has made in Health (is he the only 'entrepreneur' who has actually lost money in the nursing home 'business'?).

As VB points out in the IT , how could anyone have imagined packing the inquiry with Galway consultants and HSE people could have been acceptable to anyone?

Reilly promised a world class inquiry and then he produced this. How could anyone trust a secret inquiry when the objective of its creators was so blatantly obvious? Does Reilly live in a bubble of consultant buddies? Has he no idea how the rest of the people see them?

He has shamed the country around the world again. When we should have been humbly apologising and grovelling, he arrogantly attempted an old fashioned stroke in support of his buddies.

In the name of God go! Have you no shame?

Sadly we know the answer.
Apologising - maybe, depending on circumstances. Grovelling - never.

See TA's thread for further details.

ergo2

This is a very sad and delicate issue. Should not politicise it.

Eoin Coir

Does anybody know what Reilly's own personal opinions are on abortion? Is he pro-choice or pro-life?

Maybe he is like Adams - different views for North and South, or like Martin different views when in gov and when in opposition.

Popular Threads

Most Replies