• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Is the current Canadian Ambassador a suitable person?

The Field Marshal

The thuggish conduct of this man in attacking a demonstrator at an event in Ireland leaves me breathless.

The Canadian govt should dismiss him and the Irish govt should ask that he leave the county for abusing his diplomatic immunity.

Ireland has enough street violence without Canadian louts adding to it.

What do others think.

Man tackled by Canadian envoy defends

dizillusioned

The thuggish conduct of this man in attacking a demonstrator at an event in Ireland leaves me breathless.

The Canadian govt should dismiss him and the Irish govt should ask that he leave the county for abusing his diplomatic immunity.

What do others think.

Isn't he the same guy that shot a guy in the Canadian parliament ? Seems to have a vigilante bent.

The Field Marshal

Isn't he the same guy that shot a guy in the Canadian parliament ? Seems to have a vigilante bent.
Yes.

Just as well he was not armed yesterday as his thuggish attack on a protestor at a commemoration ceremony could have been fatal.

The Field Marshal

Its about time someone showed Irish society how to deal with sponging, professional anarchists.

If they don't like it here let them check out Saudi Arabia or Siberia. See then how oppressed they were in Ireland.

Thank you Canada for sending us your bravest, brightest and best.
So you want Canadian govt appointed thugs to now interfere in Irish politics?

Gurdiev77

What do others think.

Wasn't it a hoot !
Lucky the ambassador wasn't armed , apparently he has form , and has taken down an armed protestor in Canada in the past .

I'd say the protester would be in his rights to take a civil suit for assault .

Gurdiev77

Its about time someone showed Irish society how to deal with sponging, professional anarchists.

If they don't like it here let them check out Saudi Arabia or Siberia. See then how oppressed they were in Ireland.

Ah no , they've plenty of pugnacious individuals in politics over there
canadian mayor drugs - Google Search

Seanie Lemass

People are perfectly entitled to protest over the absurdity of the Irish state holding an official commemoration for the army that was sent here to bomb and shoot us back into the Empire. What a pathetic bunch they are.

corporal punishment

Tells you what Canada thinks of us that they sent us this loon.

GDPR

To be honest I wasnt in the least bit surprised when I heard about this; Loyalists love to wax lyrical about "Plastic Paddies" in general and "Irish Americans" in particular but something they are more reticent in discussing is the fact that more often than not the biggest gobshytes on Loyalist forums will be Canadian. Actually the Orange Order used to be a force to be reckoned with in Canada and is still relatively large there. Canada is even more insanely Zionist than the USA also.

im axeled

bad enough that the trousering party iw and siteserv having hired thugs, without importing more

Levellers

He only attacked a man who was shouting. Nothing particularly notable about that.

As for shooting the armed man in Canada a policeman shot the intruder. Vickers fired his gun from his office with his arm around the door jamb - he couldn't even see what he was shooting at and didn't hit anyone.

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt
As you struggle to suck air into your lungs, I cannot think of anyone more deserving of ambassaderhood.

Prester Jim

As you struggle to suck air into your lungs, I cannot think of anyone more deserving of ambassaderhood.
It is not supposed to be a bloody reward, it is an important position and should be filled by someone with diplomatic skills rather than some some retired cop.

HarshBuzz

He probably took offence that some thuggish knacker was disturbing a solemn ceremony to honour men, many Irish among them, who died doing what they felt was their duty.
How would a protestor shouting his mouth off at a hunger strikers commemoration be treated?

Pity he didn't hit that twit a few digs while he was at it.

Sister Mercedes

Paddy doesn't like Ambassadors pointing out bad behavior. The German ambassador got the same hostile treatment when he called boomtime Ireland all fur coat and no knickers.

firefly123

What do others think.

Breathless in a sexy way or in a COPD way?

GDPR

What do others think.

He had, imo, no right to protest at the ceremony, he could have protested outside as the people came or went, but to disrupt what was a ceremony of remembrance, whether he agrees with it or not, is not acceptable.
Did he want to register his protest/objections or to disrupt the ceremony? I think we know the answer to that one.

The Canadian chap is obviously a man of action and that's fair enough, no one is perfect, but he sounds generally OK to me.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies