Is the curse of Tara responsible for FF woes

Cato

No. I hope this wasn't meant as a serious thread.

Riadach

I hope that wasn't meant as a serious article.

eoghanacht

whu hooooooooooo

Beware the sidhe

yehbut_nobut

Diviney says all of Ireland's woes date back to July 2007 when work began on the new M3 motorway.
She lists the following incidents as evidence of the Fairy Fort curse.

• In June 2007 Minister for the Environment Dick Roche signed an order destroying the Lismullin Henge. Lismullin Henge was a 4,000 year old astronomical observatory and place of worship and hailed as one of the most important archaeological finds of the century.
  • Roche was since held up by an armed gang in the Druids Glen Hotel and also lost his job and was then demoted.
  • Martin Cullen the then Minister for Transport nearly got sucked out of a helicopter when the door fell off on one of his extravagantly expensive trips.
  • The chief Health and Safety Officer was seriously injured by a falling tree when felling began at Rath Lugh in 2007.
  • A worker was killed when he became trapped at Fairyhouse where there have been many accidents on this stretch of road.
  • A human tooth was discovered in a digger which was used to destroy the famous ancient feasting grounds and gathering place of ancient Harpers at Baronstown. Shortly afterwards the stairs in the National Museum collapsed.
  • And finally, just last summer, several large wasp nests were found throughout the valley. In Celtic Lore the appearance of the wasp was associated with the anger of Mother Earth.
Diviney says that Ireland will continue to be cursed as long as it continues to meddle with sacred ground.
:D I vote we make a sacrifice to the wicker man, pronto!

Iarmhi Gael

Diviney says all of Ireland's woes date back to July 2007 when work began on the new M3 motorway.
She lists the following incidents as evidence of the Fairy Fort curse.

In June 2007 Minister for the Environment Dick Roche signed an order destroying the Lismullin Henge. Lismullin Henge was a 4,000 year old astronomical observatory and place of worship and hailed as one of the most important archaeological finds of the century.
Roche was since held up by an armed gang in the Druids Glen Hotel and also lost his job and was then demoted.
Martin Cullen the then Minister for Transport nearly got sucked out of a helicopter when the door fell off on one of his extravagantly expensive trips.
The chief Health and Safety Officer was seriously injured by a falling tree when felling began at Rath Lugh in 2007.
A worker was killed when he became trapped at Fairyhouse where there have been many accidents on this stretch of road.
A human tooth was discovered in a digger which was used to destroy the famous ancient feasting grounds and gathering place of ancient Harpers at Baronstown. Shortly afterwards the stairs in the National Museum collapsed.
And finally, just last summer, several large wasp nests were found throughout the valley. In Celtic Lore the appearance of the wasp was associated with the anger of Mother Earth.
Diviney says that Ireland will continue to be cursed as long as it continues to meddle with sacred ground.
#simoncoveneysfault

yehbut_nobut

i believe in the film they sacrificed the "Fool King". Remind you of anyone?

pujols

Cael

Only low life scum would even think of building a motorway through Tara. Absolute vermin.

I last visited Tara in 2000. I'll never forget the fear that gripped me as I stood down from the Hill in one of the dips surrounding the Hill. A thrumming noise could be felt under my feet. I looked round to ask my friends what was that feeling. They were gone. I was completely alone. I stood, frozen, looking round me in disbelief. I was the only person to be seen. All the tourists, guides, all, had disappeared. The silence was eerie and from under the earth I could hear that thrumming sound getting louder and louder until my whole body vibrated. I fell to my knees, closed my eyes and reached out my hand without knowing why, and felt it being grasped tightly as I was pulled to my feet. I opened my eyes, dreading what I might see. Standing before me stood a man the like of whom I had never seen before. His eyes looked into mine and I could feel his power, radiating from the ground through his hand and into my hand. My heard pounded. Who was he? He was not very tall, but was stocky. He dressed in clothes which seemed to be made in part from animal skin, and in part from beautiful silks. A gold decorated band encircled his lean throat, he leaned towards me and his voice, his voice....to this day it comes to me and still makes me shiver. "My dear gal, one must not tresspass here on this part of the site. It's still under excavation. Now do turn round and join your good friends who await you on the tourist trail, there's a good lady", and the English fecker turned and walked off.

redtoothclaw

This is Eddie Lenihan himself in full flight. A great storyteller.
You have to take what the rogue himself will tell you with a pinch of salt but by hell you will remember about what he had to say when you need to be wary of supernatural forces.:)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpXnIs57678]YouTube - Eddie Lenihan-The Black Dog.mov[/ame]

Catalpa

Tara is indeed a magical and mysterious place - one of the very few I have had a supernatural experience in.

If you want to get the best from it move away from the 'tourist trail' bits and head around the peripheral rim on your own

- completely different experience!

Upsetting the Ancients is most unwise.:evil:

In China they respect their Ancestors

They have a pretty good idea where the tomb of the 1st Emperor is located

- will they open it up?

Not on your Nelly!:eek:

- & their bleedin Communists!:shock:

An Gilladaker

I last visited Tara in 2000. I'll never forget the fear that gripped me as I stood down from the Hill in one of the dips surrounding the Hill. A thrumming noise could be felt under my feet. I looked round to ask my friends what was that feeling. They were gone. I was completely alone. I stood, frozen, looking round me in disbelief. I was the only person to be seen. All the tourists, guides, all, had disappeared. The silence was eerie and from under the earth I could hear that thrumming sound getting louder and louder until my whole body vibrated. I fell to my knees, closed my eyes and reached out my hand without knowing why, and felt it being grasped tightly as I was pulled to my feet. I opened my eyes, dreading what I might see. Standing before me stood a man the like of whom I had never seen before. His eyes looked into mine and I could feel his power, radiating from the ground through his hand and into my hand. My heard pounded. Who was he? He was not very tall, but was stocky. He dressed in clothes which seemed to be made in part from animal skin, and in part from beautiful silks. A gold decorated band encircled his lean throat, he leaned towards me and his voice, his voice....to this day it comes to me and still makes me shiver. "My dear gal, one must not tresspass here on this part of the site. It's still under excavation. Now do turn round and join your good friends who await you on the tourist trail, there's a good lady", and the English fecker turned and walked off.
Had you used the proper incantations for the above situation the outcome would have been different :)

Ruaidhri

I thought it was because of their lack of Leadership and god awful economic policies but you might be right about the hill of Tara.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies