Is "The Donald" the biggest snowflake out there?

Mick Mac

Is "The Donald" the biggest snowflake out there?

careful Des.
Trump has many snowflakes who admire him greatly, here on P.ie,
& these sensitive souls might be insulted by your thread.

Drogheda445

Tbf we shouldn't mistake Trump's narcissistic antics for snowflake mentality. He picks fights with people on over personal spats, but modern day progressive liberals have a huge problem even entertaining political differences. Too many of them see disagreeing with someone on a political issue as more than just a difference of opinion but being morally reprehensible. They are so emotionally invested in their beliefs that hearing a divisive, or even a different opinion can make them distraught (see recent events in Berkeley for reference). The self-censorship mechanism of the Internet doesn't help in my opinion.

We're heading into very dangerous territory (both right wing and left wing) if this sort of political discourse becomes more acceptable.

gerhard dengler

Oh for such a binary world as you inhabit.
Given it was a two candidate election for one job, the result is binary.

I told you in October 2016 that the electoral momentum was with Trump and that he'd win the election. You didn't agree then either.

Sure, but calling him a snowflake is not the solution. Its actually a very snowflake thing to do.

Mick
His supporters throw out the word at their perceived opponents. They do it without an ounce of realisation of the inory involved in that. The term has become a right to left slur, when their master manifests all of the term.

His bitterness at losing the popular vote (and, yes, I absolutely know the reasons behind the EC system and utterly accept the outcome) are petulant. He appears unable to project himself and his pain at every turn.

I give you, at this year's Annual Snowflake Awards *awkardly opens gold envelop*: Donald Trump.

Mick Mac

Tbf we shouldn't mistake Trump's narcissistic antics for snowflake mentality. He picks fights with people on over personal spats, but modern day progressive liberals have a huge problem even entertaining political differences. Too many of them see disagreeing with someone on a political issue as more than just a difference of opinion but being morally reprehensible. They are so emotionally invested in their beliefs that hearing a divisive, or even a different opinion can make them distraught (see recent events in Berkeley for reference). The self-censorship mechanism of the Internet doesn't help in my opinion.

We're heading into very dangerous territory (both right wing and left wing) if this sort of political discourse becomes more acceptable.
Oh busted.
Your a Trumpist.

Mick

Drogheda445

Perhaps, perhaps not.

Regardless, USA and the wider world dodged a bullet by not electing Trump's election opponent.
Believe me I don't hold Clinton in much higher regard, I think the fact that she was chosen as the Democratic candidate was disgraceful and she was a massive liability from the start.

It was a terrible outcome either way IMO, as both candidates were disasters.

GDPR

Fat boy is upset because no one likes him... :)

I love it when the alt right on Pie let their inner fat boy blues out.

Swing it, sad sacks...

Drogheda445

Oh busted.
Your a Trumpist.

Mick
The world isn't as black and white as you'd like to think. I'm deeply concerned about politically correct culture but Donald Trump will do nothing but discredit efforts against it.

stopdoingstuff

He just won the toughest and dirtiest election of modern times. I think that squarely rules him out of the snowflake category. As for his hypersensitivity, the snowflake response is not to fire back at criticisms and always go on the offensive. The snowflake response is to play the victim.

Volatire

Libtards still struggling to find a narrative.

"Donald is a big snowflake"

Um .. not quite there yet, keep trying.

statsman

Well, he seems preternatuarally so.

He's obssessive about any attacks on him via any media source, particularly social media:

Donald Trump is the most Special Snowflake of them all

He certainly appears to be the most sensitive POTUS ever, taking the time during his scheduled 6AM Trump dump to excrete via twitter about any imagined slight to him.

It appears that the term "snowflake" is agnostic as to political leaning.
Naw, he's a teardrop.

statsman

This is what snowflakes do:

He just won the toughest and dirtiest election of modern times. I think that squarely rules him out of the snowflake category. As for his hypersensitivity, the snowflake response is not to fire back at criticisms and always go on the offensive. The snowflake response is to play the victim.
Ah so. Then explain why violent protesters are descibed as "snowflakes" on this forum.

stopdoingstuff

Well Nixon was President when everyone called him a crook.

That worked out well for him, I must say.
They really should have been more specific with Nixon, and called him a mass-murdering war criminal who should have been sent to a cell for decades.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies